• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin St. John Studio: Which Phase to Request

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
Hi all,

I reserved a WSJ studio unit for my daughter and her boyfriend for mid-Oct. I thought I'd check with our resident WSJ experts and see if there's a particular phase that I should request for them?

Thanks!

Glorian

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do they want to be secluded, close to the marketplace and amenities, or close to the pool?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Do they want to be secluded, close to the marketplace and amenities, or close to the pool?
What would be the request for all three? I assume virgin grand is secluded? What are the others ? I have a three bedroom booked Memorial Day week

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Hi all,

I reserved a WSJ studio unit for my daughter and her boyfriend for mid-Oct. I thought I'd check with our resident WSJ experts and see if there's a particular phase that I should request for them?

Thanks!

Glorian
Might depend on how many SO used. Mid Oct studio would be 44K in Sunset Bay (pool/oceanfront) and Coral Vista (next level above pool with water views)
Virgin Grand (secluded, needing to shuttle to main resort area, distant water views) is 44K wks 21-40 and 67K? after that.

Some prefer Virgin Grand because parking is literally outside your door. We don't rent a car and prefer the main campus and not being dependent on the shuttle. VG & SB do not have elevators so request first floor if needed. (Mobility/little kids/preference)

Bay Vista has 2 & 3 BRs and is the level above Coral Vista. There are quite a few stairs to the beach level but shuttles are readily available.

It is nice to "see" you!

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I will ask her that question and get back with the answer. Thanks!

Update: she says she'd like to be close to the pool. So maybe Sunset Bay or Coral Vista?

Last edited:

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Might depend on how many SO used. Mid Oct studio would be 44K in Sunset Bay (pool/oceanfront) and Coral Vista (next level above pool with water views)
Virgin Grand (secluded, needing to shuttle to main resort area, distant water views) is 44K wks 21-40 and 67K? after that.

Some prefer Virgin Grand because parking is literally outside your door. We don't rent a car and prefer the main campus and not being dependent on the shuttle. VG & SB do not have elevators so request first floor if needed. (Mobility/little kids/preference)

Bay Vista has 2 & 3 BRs and is the level above Coral Vista. There are quite a few stairs to the beach level but shuttles are readily available.

It is nice to "see" you!

It's a 44K week. I actually booked for 8 nights, so 52,800 SOs. It look liked all 3 different phase studios required the same number of SOs for the week the reserved.

Nice to "see" you, too, Pat!

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It's a 44K week. I actually booked for 8 nights, so 52,800 SOs. It look liked all 3 different phase studios required the same number of SOs for the week the reserved.

Nice to "see" you, too, Pat!
Sunset is closets to the pool and beach...the six buildings surround it. No studios in the 2 ocean front buildings. They are in the other 4 buildings. I really love the convenience.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset is best if you want ocean / pool to be the focus. Too loud for me,personally, but if its a staroption reservation then they might get what the resort decides.

Last edited:

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset is best if you want ocean pool to be the focus. Too loud for me,personally, but if its a staroption reservation then they might get what the resort decides.

It sounds like this is what they want, so I'll request it for them.

Thanks!

Jace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC: Aulani & Grand Floridian
We have a rental in Coral Vista for a 2br , any recommendations on rooms to request from Westin? We want something close to the pool / action with nice balcony / view.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Building 21 is closest to the pools.
3rd floor would have the best view.
We prefer ground floor as you walk right out of your unit. No elevator required.

Jace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC: Aulani & Grand Floridian
Building 21 is closest to the pools.
3rd floor would have the best view.
We prefer ground floor as you walk right out of your unit. No elevator required.

Thank you, yes good call on Ground Floor , will request Building 21.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

It is nice to "see" you!
The other nice thing about the Virgin Grand section is the Restore container just past the 3 BR villas on the left. Owners leave things they don’t need, including beach chairs, etc., for other owners to use. I’m not sure whether they specifically key the door only for owners and suspect it might be available for all VGV stays. YMMV.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
My DW and I will be staying in a studio in Coral Vista for four nights next month. We usually prefer higher floors with the best view possible. Any suggestions on what buildings we should request? If anyone has a resort map they could share that would also be appreciated.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

Scroll down for the resort map. I prefer the older one there that includes the building numbers.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Hi Glorian - if no vehicle involved, then Main Resort (Sunset Bay). If vehicle, then VGV (Hillside).
We spent very little time at Main Resort in the 14 years that we went, and with a vehicle - they can quickly get to more beaches than they can visit in those 8 days.
15 min to Trunk
20 min to Maho
40 min to Salt Pond

Make sure they get to the Windmill Bar for sunset (on a good sunset eve).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
We loved Virgin Grand for the full kitchen. Pool is nearby and nice views. Farthest from the center part of the resort (and uphill) but they will shuttle or you can walk