• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Supposedly my sales guy is from corporate and not a commission sale guy?

northovr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Supposedly my sales guy at the presentation this time was from corporate and not a commission sales agent. He said they are taking away reservations benefits from resale owners. Like for instance no 13 months out at home resort. My girlfriend had a supposedly corporate person too the last time she went. Is this true they have non commission sales people from corporate?
What is the corporate angle?

Daniel

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
never believe anything a salesperson says...

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Supposedly my sales guy at the presentation this time was from corporate and not a commission sales agent. He said they are taking away reservations benefits from resale owners. Like for instance no 13 months out at home resort. My girlfriend had a supposedly corporate person too the last time she went. Is this true they have non commission sales people from corporate?

Daniel

Well, that would really suck, which probably means it's in the works. Or, maybe his advanced skills at prevarication are what got him his job at corporate.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Las Vegas
Wyndham Sedona
Wyndham Kona

Daniel

What if they said that you could only use your timeshare in January, max 3 weeknight intervals, and in a spare utility closet? The worse they pitch resale, the more reason not to buy developer points, because no one would want to take it off your hands (including Wyndham). I can't imagine a car dealership coming up with this stuff, "You're protected if you buy brand new, but we've got some drastic downgrades in the software whenever you go to sell it."

RENTER

Reaction score
I do not know if it is true or not. But as many as you point out, they can change the rules anytime they want and don't care it hurts owners or their reputation. Many owners were so happy about the rule changes to curb VIP owners who listened to Wyndham sales agents and bought VIP to rent out to cover their extra costs. But instead of paying high fees to Extra Holidays. they chose to rent it out on their own.

We warned them that if they can do that to us, when do they turn on those who bought resale.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
Seems pretty unlikely they could make a change like that to ability to book reservations at your home resort without running afoul of the governing docs. Could they come out with a new trust product that does that for resale purchasers of the new trust product? Sure. But for existing owners of deeded interests in the existing resorts? I doubt it.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Seems pretty unlikely they could make a change like that to ability to book reservations at your home resort without running afoul of the governing docs. Could they come out with a new trust product that does that for resale purchasers of the new trust product? Sure. But for existing owners of deeded interests in the existing resorts? I doubt it.
That's always been my assumption (governing docs won't let them) - if they could degrade resale in any way shape or form, I am confident they would.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I don’t
Then why are you looking for validation of their statements?

We've heard this angle from sales people at Marriott. There is no way they would be working for an annual salary vs commission. If they are good, the can make so much more on commission.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
That's always been my assumption (governing docs won't let them) - if they could degrade resale in any way shape or form, I am confident they would.
I don't know that they care that much. There are lots of ways that they could degrade resale other than the oft-repeated (from salespeople) threat of removing 13-month access, and they really haven't - at least not for resale-only owners. (Of course, they prevented VIPs from getting extra benefits on their resale points a few years ago, but that just places VIPs' resale points at the same level as resale owners have always been.)

It appears to me that most of the major changes Wyndham has made in the past 5-10 years or so have fallen into three general buckets: trying to thwart the private rental market, "simplifying," and pushing people online (vs. calling). (To me, "simplifying" includes replacing the credit pool with points deposit, as well as the new housekeeping credit structure.) I haven't seen anything that really targets resale owners.

Edit: Okay, one thing - increasing the transfer fee. When I first purchased in 2010 it was $99, but it soon increased to $299, and just recently to $399. But over 14 years, and especially like 12 years holding at $299 before increasing to $399, I'm not sure how unreasonable that is.

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Edit: Okay, one thing - increasing the transfer fee. When I first purchased in 2010 it was $99, but it soon increased to $299, and just recently to $399. But over 14 years, and especially like 13 years holding at $299 before increasing to $399, I'm not sure how unreasonable that is.
... especially if you take into account how much more efficient they've made the transfer process....

northovr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Then why are you looking for validation of their statements?

We've heard this angle from sales people at Marriott. There is no way they would be working for an annual salary vs commission. If they are good, the can make so much more on commission.
I want to know what is the angle of stating they are from corporate and another poster gave a good answer. I like to study how people can manipulate others it also fun to see the new angle of persuasion being implemented in real time and then to call them out on it.

Daniel

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
I don't know that they care that much. There are lots of ways that they could degrade resale other than the oft-repeated (from salespeople) threat of removing 13-month access, and they really haven't - at least not for resale-only owners. (Of course, they prevented VIPs from getting extra benefits on their resale points a few years ago, but that just places VIPs' resale points at the same level as resale owners have always been.)

It appears to me that most of the major changes Wyndham has made in the past 5-10 years or so have fallen into three general buckets: trying to thwart the private rental market, "simplifying," and pushing people online (vs. calling). (To me, "simplifying" includes replacing the credit pool with points deposit, as well as the new housekeeping credit structure.) I haven't seen anything that really targets resale owners.

Edit: Okay, one thing - increasing the transfer fee. When I first purchased in 2010 it was $99, but it soon increased to $299, and just recently to $399. But over 14 years, and especially like 12 years holding at $299 before increasing to $399, I'm not sure how unreasonable that is.
Compared to what some other systems charge for transfers I’m not sure I would call $399 “reasonable” but it’s certainly not ridiculous.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Compared to what some other systems charge for transfers I’m not sure I would call $399 “reasonable” but it’s certainly not ridiculous.

It's only ridiculous when compared to the quality and timeliness of service.

WManning

Reaction score
... especially if you take into account how much more efficient they've made the transfer process....
Now it takes 6+ months to transfer from 6-12 weeks. Sounds about right double the cost if transfer time takes twice as long. I remember the days when transfers took 4-5 weeks and if they were really busy 10-12 weeks. It could have something to do with Wyndumb's IT department upgrading their title transfers system.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I want to know what is the angle of stating they are from corporate and another poster gave a good answer. I like to study how people can manipulate others it also fun to see the new angle of persuasion being implemented in real time and then to call them out on it.

Daniel
My question back would be why work for a salary if you could make more with commission. Must not be a very confident salesperson...

Last edited:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

Daniel

I’ve heard this excuse many times over the past few years. It’s a lie. They tell you this because they think it’s going to help you to trust them.
I’ve had the sales desks during checkin tell us the same thing as well, we aren’t a sales center we are a corporate center. It’s all BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Now it takes 6+ months to transfer from 6-12 weeks. Sounds about right double the cost if transfer time takes twice as long. I remember the days when transfers took 4-5 weeks and if they were really busy 10-12 weeks. It could have something to do with Wyndumb's IT department upgrading their title transfers system.
6+ months hasn’t been my experience and I’ve transferred/purchased 5 resale contracts in the last 2 years. Excluding delays caused by the closing company / previous owners / etc., from the point in time when the deed is closed and the documents sent to Wyndham, fo the point in time when the contract was loaded into my account, ranged from 10 weeks to 16 weeks for me. I definitely didn’t experience any that took 6 months or longer.

I’m not defending Wyndham here, 16 months is still ridiculous, and they still can’t correct issues with typos in my middle name and may names not matching on the various contracts despite the fact that the deeds were all correct, but just wanted to point out that 6+ months would be an anomaly based on my experience.