• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Spitting mad!!

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
This may be on here but I can't find it. I called Wyndham to use my points for 3 nights at Worldmark Yellowstone before I go to Jackson Hole next year and they said I wasn't eligible because I got mine resale . Do what??? I told them I was scheduled last year to go to Worldmark Estes Park but got flooded out. She said there was nothing she could do. I told her I was never notified and felt like I should have been notified. She told me I had to buy retail to do this. Is this really true?? Any ideas?? Someone want to get this for me and I could use some of my points for them in exchange?? Thanks, Leslie

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
This may be on here but I can't find it. I called Wyndham to use my points for 3 nights at Worldmark Yellowstone before I go to Jackson Hole next year and they said I wasn't eligible because I got mine resale . Do what??? I told them I was scheduled last year to go to Worldmark Estes Park but got flooded out. She said there was nothing she could do. I told her I was never notified and felt like I should have been notified. She told me I had to buy retail to do this. Is this really true?? Any ideas?? Someone want to get this for me and I could use some of my points for them in exchange?? Thanks, Leslie

Yep on developer points only (or if WM bought resale before Nov 2006).

Sue

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is old news, sorry it came as a surprise.

Perhaps you can work out a trade with a Worldmark owner, or better yet trade with a Worldmark owner that also owns Wyndham

staceyeileen

TUG Member
Reaction score
And if you did have developer points you'd get the pleasure of paying an additional $99 for this "trade" that you didn't have to pay last year. Just another benefit brought to you by Wyndham.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called Wyndham to use my points for 3 nights at Worldmark Yellowstone before I go to Jackson Hole next year and they said I wasn't eligible because I got mine resale .

The WorldMark West Yellowstone resort completely books for the months of June through September before Club Pass reservations open at 9 months. The resort is already completely booked from June through the end of September 2015. It will be a very lucky Club Pass member who finds more than a day here or there during these months.

9 months from now being the middle of August 2015, if you were planning to stay there during the summer, you would not have found 3 days available had your points been Club Pass eligible, so you may not have missed anything after all.

Last edited:

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Club Wyndham, another example of Wyndham trying to creating a separate class of ownership that you can only get to by buying developer points.

Fortunately - The Worldmark (and conversely Wyndham) bylaws prohibit making these additional usages ahead of the existing owners.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is Wyndham wrong to give retail buyers special benefits, or different benefits then resale buyers? As a business they have to drive sales somehow.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is Wyndham wrong to give retail buyers special benefits, or different benefits then resale buyers? As a business they have to drive sales somehow.

As long as the benefit provided to the "new owner" doesn't reduce the availability to existing owners under the terms that were in place when they bought, regardless if they were purchased resale or retail.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Club Wyndham, another example of Wyndham trying to creating a separate class of ownership that you can only get to by buying developer points.

Fortunately - The Worldmark (and conversely Wyndham) bylaws prohibit making these additional usages ahead of the existing owners.

This is a developer incentive to help them make sales. Just like the free toaster that banks used to giveaway to get you to open up a new account with them..

For Club Wyndham, VIP and Club Pass is the only thing to distinguish resale points at less than a penny a point from retail at 15-20 cents

For Worldmark, Travelshare (which includes Club Pass) is all that distinguishes resale at 30 cents a credit from retail at $2-$3

If our clubs are going to grow (new members and new resorts), rather than just stagnating where we are, Wyndham has to be allowed to develop and make a profit doing so

If they need something like club pass to do it, Im all for that as long as these "extras" dont take away anything from the rest of us...and I dont think they do.

I disagree with David...This is not a second class of club membership. Its just that some owners paid a lot more for the ability to do a trade now and then. God bless them

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
A Worldmark owner has contacted me. Hopefully she'll find me something, but I bet I'll have to rent something. I'm not happy but I do appreciate the answers , I was really shocked as I was scheduled in Worldmark Estes but it flooded out. I will do a search with RCI as well. Shaggy

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm going to hold off for now. Maybe just get up early and drive up and hopefully be able to spend the night. shaggy

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Make sure at your next parking pass tango, you tell them that you lost a benefit you once had when they try to push you to go to an owner's update by mentioning the wonderful Club Pass. They hate that.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Make sure at your next parking pass tango, you tell them that you lost a benefit you once had when they try to push you to go to an owner's update by mentioning the wonderful Club Pass. They hate that.

They dont hate that at all. Salesmen love being given an objection to overcome.... "If you cant het Worldmark units with your Wyndham points anymore...Let me show you some nice Worldmark Credits today"

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Things fill up fast for summer of 2015, you may want to consider booking something now instead of waiting. My wife and her sisters are going in September 2015 and I booked non timeshares for them already.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
They dont hate that at all. Salesmen love being given an objection to overcome.... "If you cant het Worldmark units with your Wyndham points anymore...Let me show you some nice Worldmark Credits today"

Or just move on to the next one. Its a numbers game nothing more.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps they don't hate it, but I know it doesn't make them happy because all of the people around me at the parking desk also hear what I am saying and my objections. They tend to get me out of there pretty fast so their other prey don't hear me anymore. I never attend actual presentations to get to the real sales pitch.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
This is a developer incentive to help them make sales. Just like the free toaster that banks used to giveaway to get you to open up a new account with them..

For Club Wyndham, VIP and Club Pass is the only thing to distinguish resale points at less than a penny a point from retail at 15-20 cents

For Worldmark, Travelshare (which includes Club Pass) is all that distinguishes resale at 30 cents a credit from retail at $2-$3

If our clubs are going to grow (new members and new resorts), rather than just stagnating where we are, Wyndham has to be allowed to develop and make a profit doing so

If they need something like club pass to do it, Im all for that as long as these "extras" dont take away anything from the rest of us...and I dont think they do.

I disagree with David...This is not a second class of club membership. Its just that some owners paid a lot more for the ability to do a trade now and then. God bless them

Do you see the possibilty that resale buyers of Wyndham could end up like resale buyers of Westgate?

If more and more things are made worse for the resale buyer you won't be able to sell what you own. Nothing gets diminished for the origingal buyer but when they sell the buyer has a struggle just to reserve a room.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham hasn't reduced the basic usage for resale owners like Westgate has.

They have added features only available to developer purchasers and added fees for things that used to be much lower cost. Through out the changes they have implemented, the mega renters have been able to adjust and continue their business model, with one notable exception, who decided the margins were no longer worth it.

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score

This reminds me of when we attended an owner's update and complained to the salesman about benefits Wyndham had recently reduced. We told him we would never again purchase any Wyndham points. That didn't stop him. He pointed out that, because of the reduction in benefits, we were getting fewer exchanges and spending more on vacations by renting more. His solution: We should purchase more points to get more exchanges again and cut our rental costs.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Shagnut you should be splitting mad. What away to force a person to buy into another system after they have purchased a resell timeshare. Shame on you Wynham.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Shagnut you should be splitting mad. What away to force a person to buy into another system after they have purchased a resell timeshare. Shame on you Wynham.

The "lost" ability to cross book, the affiliate program, was extremely limited

angelpropps

Reaction score
Ah the parking pass tango. I once stopped it cold by saying, 'I would love to discuss this with you but as a recent medical thing has left me incontinent I am afraid I need to go, literally, now.'

Mean? Yes. Inarguable? Absolutely.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ah the parking pass tango. I once stopped it cold by saying, 'I would love to discuss this with you but as a recent medical thing has left me incontinent I am afraid I need to go, literally, now.'

Mean? Yes. Inarguable? Absolutely.

Hysterical! That is way more fun than arguing with them!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
'I would love to discuss this with you but as a recent medical thing has left me incontinent I am afraid I need to go, literally, now.'

Shucks, I thought the thread title was SPITTING mad? Oh, uh, never mind. :)

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Shucks, I thought the thread title was SPITTING mad? Oh, uh, never mind. :)

Did you see the Red Green episode where the animal control officer brought in a spitting cobra?

Red Green said , "So am I, or did you say spit?" Start watching at 6:45 and if you are incontinent, you might want to go before you watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGsYgv56qdg