• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sellers PLEASE...

christinecan

Reaction score
I have now made email inquiries to two sellers and received no responses. If you are selling your timeshare, please respond to emails if only to say this is already sold. If it is sold, take it off the listings and you won't be bothered by my emails. This is very frustrating as a potential buyer.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sometimes, sellers are off on vacation. I know I don't answer emails when I am on cruise. Other people, maybe place an ad and forget that they did and never check their messages.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with the above input; some patience is required. People can be in travel status (whether work or pleasure) or have family situations of much higher priority, etc. Additionally, some people may not be examining the contents of their "spam folders", where an unknown incoming message could very well end up residing. Others (older retirees, for example) may check their email at all only somewhat infrequently.

I think it's fair to assume that someone who has made the effort to post a "for sale" listing is indeed genuinely interested in selling that which they have listed, so I'd recommend being somewhat patient and hang in there while awaiting response to your inquiry.

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Life happens.

So far today ... I have been to the emergency room. Had cops and EMTs at one of my places; call next of kin; and dealt with the idiot girl whose trash can will be breeding flies and roaches soon as the weather warms up.

So 7AM to 11AM that is what I did this morning ... think I will just avoid phones and other people for the rest of the day.

Dang, my heating contractor found me at lunch at 11:15AM and extorted $400 out of me.

I went HOME ... and am not answering the phones. Or the door bell.

But if you wanted to buy any one of my timeshares ... just call me. Or start a TUG conversation (dang, PM is easier) ... I will get back to you .... ASAP.

PS This is only Tuesday? I need the weekend.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
we also suggest calling the phone numbers if provided, vs just relying on emails.

i will say that in every situation where I have gotten a complaint about a lack of a response...its due to the email going into spam/junk.

this works both ways, where the seller never noticed the "notification" email and didnt log into the site to check messages...as well as the seller replying to the message, and the reply going in the recipients junk folder where its never noticed.

this is the main reason we store all messages on the ads themselves, there is no way for them to get lost, all an owner has to do is log into the website and they can easily see their messages at any time.