• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

San Luis Bay Inn Studio by Hilton Vacation Club in Avila Beach Ca Review

Clifbell

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Hilton, Westin, Marriott
Today I am reviewing the studio unit of the San Luis Bay Inn by Hilton Vacation Club in Avila Beach, California. Avila Beach is about half way between Los Angeles and San Francisco. The bottom line is location, location, location... What a beautiful right on the coast of California with beautiful views of the ocean and the coast.

The studio is amazing... It comes with a view of the ocean, a full kitchen (including oven), a king size bed, a pull out sofa bed. and a dining table. I suspect that they will upgrade the rooms as some of the features are a little dated but fully functional. The pool isn't super huge, but you have access to the ocean as well. They have many places where you can sit and enjoy the ocean outside on the grounds or inside on two different levels.

This resort is formerly part of Diamond International. The off peak season for a studio is only 3000 points which translates $450/week. I really enjoyed this location as it is right off the beach (you do have to cross a small road).

San Luis Bay Inn Studio by Hilton Vacation Club in Avila Beach Ca Review

Map of all my timeshare reviews

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FYI, I think I have stayed at about 11 Former Diamond resorts since the purchase (May have forgotten a few)... For me this is a huge benefit with all the locations... Bluegreen even makes it better.

1) Liki Tiki in Orlando
2) Point at Poipu in Kauai
3) Kaa"napali Beach Club on Maui
4) Palm Canyon in Palm Springs (twice)
5) San Luis Bay Inn in Avila Beach
6) Lake Tahoe Hilton Vacation club (twice)
7)Tahoe Seasons Resort
8) Scottsdale Links Resort
9) Sedona Summit
10) Scottsdale Villa Mirage
11) Riviera Beach Resort

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
When I first started looking at timeshares back in 2011 San Luis Bay Inn was at the top of the list (location, as you mention plus driving distance for me). Just never worked out.

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Appreciate the reviews @Clifbell. How would you rank them?
I'll list my top 5... First qualifier... I like oceans
1) Point at Poipu
2) Kaanapali beach club (now Hilton Vacation club at Kaanapali)
3) San Luis Bay Inn
4) Sedona Summit
5) Lake Tahoe Hilton Vacation Club

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When I first started looking at timeshares back in 2011 San Luis Bay Inn was at the top of the list (location, as you mention plus driving distance for me). Just never worked out.
Hopefully you can make it work now.

Reactions: RX8

ABCTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara
This is great! We'll be adding it to our list. We're looking at a West Coast road trip in the coming years and this would be a wonderful stop.

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is great! We'll be adding it to our list. We're looking at a West Coast road trip in the coming years and this would be a wonderful stop.
I couldn't agree with you more. I will definitely go back there again.

4TimeAway

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbrisa, Kohala
I couldn't agree with you more. I will definitely go back there again.
Plenty of day trips if you get bored.

They have the Hot Springs up the road. Not free, but something to consider.
San Luis Farmers Market on Thursday Night.
Cambria/San Simeon for Hearst Castle and Elephant Seals.
Morro Bay for walking the large beach.
Pismo for variety.
Paso for Food and Wine.

roadkillcafe

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond resorts
The sea otters at Morro Bay are worth the trip. We did that and north of that for rock hunting on the beach. The "hot springs" were some wrinkled old guys sitting in a weird run down square sunken tub. Oddly, there is a path you can bike from the Inn right to it.