• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Same Use Year Resale Contracts

josegm888

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndam Grand Desert; Bonnet Creek
Hello,

I just purchased a 5K contract (resale) and was wondering if I were to purchase additional points does buying contracts w/ the same use year make a difference (i.e. they combine points automatically or avoid additional fees)? I want to avoid having multiple accounts, paying double fees etc.. if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
If you buy additional Worldmark Accounts/Credits resell have them rolled into your current Account at the time of Transfer.

josegm888

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndam Grand Desert; Bonnet Creek
If you buy additional Worldmark Accounts/Credits resell have them rolled into your current Account at the time of Transfer.

Makes sense. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
There are some rules around not getting double credits in the first use year when combining based upon the anniversary month of each contract. It may lead to you losing credits the first year. I don't recall all the details but I know that it's been discussed here and also on WMOwners.

Last edited:

Huskerpaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BoardWalk Villas, MVC Grande Vista & Willow Ridge, WorldMark
He was likely thinking of WM owners.com

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
Typo fixed so now we can focus on helping the poster instead. The rules on combining I find confusing so hopefully someone here can share them clearly to help the poster out.

Last edited:

Huskerpaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BoardWalk Villas, MVC Grande Vista & Willow Ridge, WorldMark
I wish I had combined my second contract with my first when I acquired it. I started the process a few weeks ago to combine them, but WM takes FOREVER to do simple things like send paperwork for combining accounts! I am combining my September use year into my July use year. I have given them 6 months to get this done so I better not lose credit due to WM horrible customer service.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Combining contracts used to be straightforward with a proration process for evening out different anniversary months. Now they've turned it into a mess. There is a very short window when you are allowed to combine. Then they make lots of mistakes - some in your favor - some not.

Anything I buy in the future to combine will definitely have the same anniversary month. With the same anniversary month it is simply a matter of combining all elements of both accounts.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish I had combined my second contract with my first when I acquired it. I started the process a few weeks ago to combine them, but WM takes FOREVER to do simple things like send paperwork for combining accounts! I am combining my September use year into my July use year. I have given them 6 months to get this done so I better not lose credit due to WM horrible customer service.
As I recall, the combine rules changed to something like, "Combines will not occur until the credits for both ownerships have been awarded for the (calendar?) year." (The intent is obviously to eliminate "advancing credit awards," which it sounds like your combination would do.) If that is the case, your combine may be delayed until after your September anniversary. Or worse, since the process will be so far along by July, the accounts might be combined sometime after your July anniversary and before your September 1 award, which would mean a 10-month delay in your next September, 2024 (to the then, combined July, 2025) award.

The reason for the rule change was, as usual, wiseguys abusing the system -- in this case, repeatedly buying a small account to combine with a much larger account and "advancing" the credit awards of the ever larger and larger accounts time-after-time-after-time -- essentially creating credits out of thin air. It was a corrosive scam. I think Wyndham made the perps pay for their ill-gotten credits, to the extent possible.

I learned a lot from that thread (TUG is the Best!). That is why I recently combined a July Anniversary ownership with an August Anniversary ownership, timed to complete in November (before the end of the calendar year), which it did. The July award will now occur 1 months later every year going forward -- no big deal.

I have a February and August anniversary memberships that I wanted to combine, but did not want an adverse combination timing. I found a great deal on an August anniversary to combine into the existing August anniversary, and will just sell the February ownership. The $399 transfer fee is much better than possibly delaying 6 months (or up to 18 months of credits, and losing 6 months worth).

It is all in the timing. Let us know how it turns out for you, to add to the excellent TUG wealth of information.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
I'm a long time Wyndham owner looking to buy some resale WorldMark, probably in the ballpark of 14,000-20,000 credits.

I noticed when looking on ebay that there are many different use years. In Wyndham there are 4 (Jan, Apr, Jul, Oct), and it's easy enough to find use years to line up with what you own.

If i'm not an existing owner and i was looking to buy 2 contracts with the same use year, let's assume all of that use year's points are available, and I buy them used around the same time, can I combine them when they create my account or will I have to do this later?

Lets say I buy a 12k and a 8k, i will get 1 HK and 1GC with the 12k but none with the 8k. If I combine them at purchase will I get 2 of each or will I have to wait till the next use year after I combine them?

If buying resale, do previous use year points transfer? I understand in Worldmark, points are good for 2 years. In Wyndham resale do not transfer any moved points from previous or future use years.

Also I see references to "fully loaded" contracts, what does that mean?

jrb916

TUG Member
Reaction score
WM has contracts that start every month. Fully loaded means it comes with credits. I bought (transferred to me) my May 8000 credit account in March 2021 & it had 16000 credits in the account. I had to use 8000 by the end of May, but got 8000 new credits May 1. I ‘had’ to take a Memorial Week trip!!! Mine was fully loaded. I could have also scheduled a trip out up to 13 months or put them in II/RCI to extend them. These are all reasons I like a WM.

You may want to buy a small account & learn the system first. There were a couple deals for 10-12k accounts under $2000 on wmowners.com recently plus look at eBay.

If I added to my account I would add $6000 & keep them separate. More HK & GC but slightly higher MF. Also I can have more waitlists & inventory special reservations if I keep accounts separate.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Las Vegas
Wyndham Sedona
Wyndham Kona
We've got plenty of timeshare points, 20% with HGVC, 80% with Club Wyndham. Worldmark is tempting to stick our toe in the water, with the possibility of expanding later. We like Wyndham's value, and would like access to Worldmark without buying Club Wyndham Retail. Even without serious travel plans, we sometimes prefer staying in South Vegas near Henderson, so the Tropicana location could offset hotel expense even in an off year. We do not typically stay at a timeshare location for more than 4-5 nights, so half a week in points would equal 1 stay.

A couple questions:
1. If we bought 5,000 points now, and decided to buy 5,000+ points later, would the points combine for an optimal MF?
2. Is there a drawback to owning such a small contract, other than a higher MF per point, and no housekeeping credit?
3. Is there anything else we should consider?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We've got plenty of timeshare points, 20% with HGVC, 80% with Club Wyndham. Worldmark is tempting to stick our toe in the water, with the possibility of expanding later. We like Wyndham's value, and would like access to Worldmark without buying Club Wyndham Retail. Even without serious travel plans, we sometimes prefer staying in South Vegas near Henderson, so the Tropicana location could offset hotel expense even in an off year. We do not typically stay at a timeshare location for more than 4-5 nights, so half a week in points would equal 1 stay.

A couple questions:
1. If we bought 5,000 points now, and decided to buy 5,000+ points later, would the points combine for an optimal MF?
2. Is there a drawback to owning such a small contract, other than a higher MF per point, and no housekeeping credit?
3. Is there anything else we should consider?
Combining accounts is messy but yes, once combined they take on the new tier MF.

Even 5K contract comes with 1 housekeeping credit. But when you combine the 2 5K contracts, you lose 1 housekeeping credit, which ends up with only 1.

I would buy 10K now instead of 5K and then add 5K. Wyndham does not make it easy to combine accounts.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Las Vegas
Wyndham Sedona
Wyndham Kona
Combining accounts is messy but yes, once combined they take on the new tier MF.

Even 5K contract comes with 1 housekeeping credit. But when you combine the 2 5K contracts, you lose 1 housekeeping credit, which ends up with only 1.

I would buy 10K now instead of 5K and then add 5K. Wyndham does not make it easy to combine accounts.

1 housekeeping credit makes a big difference! If I were to buy 10,000 points, we would split that into two stays, which makes the long term cost per stay about the same.

Las Vegas Boulevard, we could get 4 nights in a 1-bedroom (Sunday - Tuesday starting). We're still trying to find a hotel we like in that area, since our vehicle was vandalized in May (don't blame them for the crime, but the attitude they gave us and the detectives). Renting from the IHG timeshare off Tropicana is about $300 per night, so $700 in MF is not a bad deal, and even closer to to the shopping we do anyways. We have ambitions of Yellowstone, Maui, Leavenworth, Moab, and many others destinations, but a nice local-ish resort that would replace hotel stays, means we don't have to worry about wasting it.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Las Vegas
Wyndham Sedona
Wyndham Kona
Reading a bit more into this, it is my understanding that we could rent more points from another owner at $.07 -$.09 per point? While 5,000 points seems like plenty locally, we would likely want a boost when traveling to someplace like Mexico or Fiji.