• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Recent website updates posted on the website enhancements page

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score

Wyndham should have conducted a contest for owners to name the chatbot, because as usual, owners would have much better ideas. "Wynston" is one example; it is upscale and definitely more mature than "Wyndi" and more befitting the Wyndham Destinations demographic.

"Wyndi" sounds like a cartoon character for preschoolers.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Wyndham should have conducted a contest for owners to name the chatbot, because as usual, owners would have much better ideas. "Wynston" is one example; it is upscale and definitely more mature than "Wyndi" and more befitting the Wyndham Destinations demographic.

"Wyndi" works for salespeople!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

There were owner surveys from the website that covered this category - you just didn't see them because you weren't in the luck of the draw for the randomized surveys for this item.

WManning

Reaction score
A pet peeve of mine! The website has several EXCLUSIVE POINTS DISCOUNTS, most of them in the Southeast. All of them expired on April 11, 2024.

How tough to take down expired, outdated notices?
It's a very simple fix, but......... we all know what happens after updates. It's better to leave well enough alone than to chance not being able to log in. My pet peeve is ghost inventory. I wonder how many canceled reservations to rebook and find out the hard way.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
It's a very simple fix, but......... we all know what happens after updates. It's better to leave well enough alone than to chance not being able to log in. My pet peeve is ghost inventory. I wonder how many canceled reservations to rebook and find out the hard way.
Oh the ghosts are just AWFUL. I try and comment regularly (give feedback on the website) FWIW. I don't trust the discounts at all. As you pointed out, they show up long after they've expired. I've also often found discounts that weren't advertised (and thus I typically search using resale first - as that will show me if there is a discount) - then I can choose whether to book with the resale/resort discount versus my VIP discount. Now, if you wanted to check and see what discounts were available to decide where you might go, I punt on that.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
1715044859674.png

This is new. What does this mean? I didn't add a guest. This is a reservation with Rick's name on it. I think it used one of the two exceptions I have. That wouldn't be okay.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
View attachment 92296
This is new. What does this mean? I didn't add a guest. This is a reservation with Rick's name on it. I think it used one of the two exceptions I have. That wouldn't be okay.
I’ve had that show up for a while now. I think they are just telling you that the reservation is during priority time, so you don’t have to look it up or guess.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
View attachment 92296
Fairly new - the Timeshare Owner Priority indication is on all reservations booked during owner priority (regardless of if you use one or not).

You can check your benefits summary to see if it counted as an owner priority reservation (I have 2 of 2 remaining). The Developer annotation is irrevelant - it applies to your account, dev/resale doesn't matter (overall lots of bad wording around this but count is correct).

1715079112778.png

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I’ve had that show up for a while now. I think they are just telling you that the reservation is during priority time, so you don’t have to look it up or guess.
Correct - it's letting you know that this reservation is occurring within a blackout period - so if you plan to send someone other than an owner - it's going to use a GA (vs a GC).

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Thank you for clarifying that. I saw the warning as I booked it and thought it was using one of my exceptions. I will never use any of those.