• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Please post Starwood ROFR transactions here (ONLY)

celica7101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV/N, Westin Nanea, Westin Flex
4/2023:

Westin Nanea EOY (Even) - 148,100 HomeOptions - $10000. Vistana waived ROFR.

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Club Son Antem, Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, Marriott Vacation Club @ Los Suenos, MVC points, Sheraton Lakeside Terrace, Sheraton Flex, Westin Flex, Aventuras

celica7101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean view or resort/island view?
Resort View.

IIRC Nanea is similar to WKORV/N and 2BR Oceanfront is 176,700 Star/HomeOptions to book. 3BR is something in the 200's (285 maybe? i don't remember exactly).

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Club Son Antem, Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, Marriott Vacation Club @ Los Suenos, MVC points, Sheraton Lakeside Terrace, Sheraton Flex, Westin Flex, Aventuras
I beleive Nanea only has Oceanfront and Resort View.
What I was trying to convey was that Nanea has two different view categories and the points are sold as such. The number of points may be irrelevant because they sell different packages as spun by sales(Just like with other Vistana points sold, I have seen some odd numbers which does not make sense at first). Good detective work on the 148 100 though because it is probably then more likely to be Resort View.
The question remains: Oceanfront or Resort View because one will be more expensive than the other. If it is Resort View it may be the reason why it passed but if Oceanfront it may have been a bargain.

Last edited:

celica7101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What I was trying to convey was that Nanea has two different view categories and the points are sold as such. The number of points may be irrelevant because they sell different packages as spun by sales(Just like with other Vistana points sold, I have seen some odd numbers which does not make sense at first). Good detective work on the 148 100 though because it is probably then more likely to be Resort View.
The question remains: Oceanfront or Resort View because one will be more expensive than the other. If it is Resort View it may be the reason why it passed but if Oceanfront it may have been a bargain.
It should be resort view. I've yet to view the estoppel document but that was the description of the deed in the contract.

teddyo333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana:
Westin Kierland (x2)
WKORV - OV (x2)
Desert Oasis (x6)
Vistana Villages - Bella
Vistana Villages - Key West
Sheraton Broadway Plantation (2BR Lockout)
Marriott:
Marriott Grande Ocean
WKORV EY Premium One-Bedroom Oceanview, $7,500 failed. I've updated ROFR.NET

teddyo333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana:
Westin Kierland (x2)
WKORV - OV (x2)
Desert Oasis (x6)
Vistana Villages - Bella
Vistana Villages - Key West
Sheraton Broadway Plantation (2BR Lockout)
Marriott:
Marriott Grande Ocean
WKORV EY Premium One-Bedroom Oceanview, $8,500 Passed. I've updated ROFR.NET

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

sjlola

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN OF EYx5, 5* Elite
There's no ROFR on Princeville...
There is ROFR is on all Vistana Hawaii properties. On the plus side, they waived within 24 hours of receiving our purchase offer. We're using Syed and he's been magnificent.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
There are passed/failed transactions for Princeville in ROFR.net back to 2019 and it is listed as an ROFR property in this 2009 thread below, so it definitely is subject to ROFR.

As an update, you can add all Flex products to that list (Westin, Sheraton, Aventuras) plus Westin Nanea. Vistana has added ROFR to all products/properties launched from 2015 forward.

Post in thread 'SVO transfer fee' https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/svo-transfer-fee.94094/post-691410

Last edited:

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea, Lagunamar
I have both OF and resort contracts there.

If it is 148100 it is 90+% likely a resort view. The 2BR OFs require the 176700 to book for the week. However there is a chance someone bought a 148100 contract from the developer to get something like 5 days of OF some years and a week of resort others. Never seen an OF contract for less than a week's points but I imagine they exist.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
WKORVN - 2 Bedroom Oceanfront, Annual - Westin Waived ROFR for $23,000.
Oooh, I want that deal.

Tried to buy two more through Syed and someone bought them minutes before I emailed him. I thought the price was quite high and planned to undercut it by a few thousand for each week. These are OFC for $42,000.

I am only interested in OFC or ocean view units and considering a few OV I see on various websites. I won't work with Redweek sales.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.

Kpaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
WKORVN - 2 Bedroom Oceanfront, Annual - Westin exercised their ROFR for $26,000. :mad:

WahooWah

Reaction score
Oooh, I want that deal.

Tried to buy two more through Syed and someone bought them minutes before I emailed him. I thought the price was quite high and planned to undercut it by a few thousand for each week. These are OFC for $42,000.

I am only interested in OFC or ocean view units and considering a few OV I see on various websites. I won't work with Redweek sales.
Have you tried Maui Resort Resales that just opened up at Whalers Village?

WahooWah

Reaction score
WKORVN - 2 Bedroom Oceanfront, Annual - Westin exercised their ROFR for $26,000. :mad:
How can it be waived for $23,000 on March 1 and then exercised at $26,000 three weeks later? Something's not right here.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
How can it be waived for $23,000 on March 1 and then exercised at $26,000 three weeks later? Something's not right here.
Developers exercise ROFR for their internal, business purposes, not to set a price. If they need specific inventory, they grab it. If they don't want more inventory at that moment, they let good deals pass.

It's not significant to them if they pay $26,000 vs. $23,000 if they are going to put the unit into Abound and sell the resulting points for $130,000.

Last edited:

WahooWah

Reaction score
Developers exercise ROFR for their internal, business purposes, not to set a price. If they need specific inventory, they grab it. If they don't want more inventory at that moment, they let good deals pass.

It's not significant if they pay $26,000 vs. $23,000 if they are going to put the unit into Abound and sell the resulting points for $130,000.
I understand that, but this is a very strange variance for Vistana ROFR, especially if it is just a one-off. If they have suddenly moved more aggressively over a number of transactions moving forward for KOR and KORN, it will make more sense. I guess we will see.