• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ongoing Sales Incentive - Enrolling Post-6/20/10 Weeks [MERGED]

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Thank goodness SueDon and Dioxide were not afraid to set me straight. If the Marriott Salesman would have been upfront with me I'd probably be sitting here right now signing contracts and applying a deposit.

In hindsight I'm glad Marriott screwed up because I don't need $60k in timeshare points. But it was so nice on paper. All those points bedazzled me. I became a DC point-hound without even knowing it. I was envisioning lovely HI vacations every year. My eyes were focused on lovely Hawaii without seeing the big picture---The fact that it would take 10-15 years before I'd see a payback.

Thanks for the support Tuggers----Especially Sue and Dioxide! :clap:

Perhaps I am confused as to what you actually own. You own two enrolled Lakeshore Reserve weeks and 1,500 trust points. Do you own 9 or 7 additional post 6/20/2010 resale weeks? I am thinking 9, but not sure, it might only be 7? If it is 9, then per the offer of buy 5,000 points and enroll 3-7 weeks. I think perhaps the sales rep just got ahead of themselves. Not sure why legal would have anything to do with putting the stop to the sale. There really isn't anything illegal about them letting you enroll 9 weeks instead. Companies make exceptions to promotions and offers all the time.

In either case, I think it all worked out for you in the end. $60,000 is a lot of money for such a long payoff period.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps I am confused as to what you actually own. You own two enrolled Lakeshore Reserve weeks and 1,500 trust points. Do you own 9 or 7 additional post 6/20/2010 resale weeks? I am thinking 9, but not sure, it might only be 7? If it is 9, then per the offer of buy 5,000 points and enroll 3-7 weeks. I think perhaps the sales rep just got ahead of themselves. Not sure why legal would have anything to do with putting the stop to the sale. There really isn't anything illegal about them letting you enroll 9 weeks instead. Companies make exceptions to promotions and offers all the time.

In either case, I think it all worked out for you in the end. $60,000 is a lot of money for such a long payoff period.

You had it right. I own two enrolled Lakeshore weeks @3400 points per week and I also own 1500 trust points that I bought to get to Premier Plus two years ago. If I put my enrolled points into the destination club each year I get 7900 DC points each year.

But, I do own a lot of other, post 2010 weeks. I actually own 9 other Marriott weeks.

The possible DC points ranged, had I gone with the deal, from 1150 for a week 9 on Hilton Head to 4125 for my Oceana Palms Platinum. If they had taken all my 9 weeks I would have had an extra 22,000 enrolled points.

But as you said, and I heartily agree, $60,000 is a lot to pay for points. I met someone on Tug who did the same thing as I was going to do--but she's only 39. At that age I think the ability to enroll your weeks makes more sense. She has 40 years to use those points for great trips. I, on the other hand, at 69, feasibility have 10 years. That's too short a payback figure.

As far as Marriott's role in this. I never knew he was contacting legal or anyone else for that matter. He absolutely assured me I could enroll all 9 of my owned weeks. I told him others had only been allowed 7 but he said not to worry, I could enroll all of my 9. Next thing I know, the salesmen sends me an email and says, the response he was awaiting from legal came through and unfortunately, I could only enroll 7 weeks. At first I thought that's okay. Then I thought of what you had written in this thread and the air just went out of the bubble.

I even sent the guy a response that read like this. "I had never heard about legal in the weeks I had been speaking to him on the phone and in emails.

I said, "He, as an arm of Marriott, made false claims as to the number of weeks I could enroll"

And, I said, "my expectations were that I would be able to enroll all my weeks"

I said, "These expectations were based on his offer and expectatations are very important"

He sent me a reply asking if he could have a few more Days to work on this with Legal.

I told him don't bother. I'm no longer interested!

Last edited:

taffy19

Reaction score
Icydog, I am so happy for you that you listened to a few TUGgers here and finally said "enough is enough!" and walked away from the deal.

What I don't like about the trust points' system is that they will constantly add more tiers so you will have to buy more points to be able to go to the newer locations and get the added perks to stay on top of the totem pole.

It will always cost the Marriott's loyal Legacy Week (floating) and Trust point owners more money to stay ahead of the game but it is great for the investors because they will have a steady income stream and a well performing stock so long the economy keeps cooperating, of course.

They even wrote in the documents that there may be a lottery in place one day if the competition is getting too fierce.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I received a call from a rep a few ago and received an offer like others have received. We only have an EOY MKO that we bought to go to EOY. It was an interesting consideration to have the additional flexibility, but after discussing it with my DW, we decided against taking the offer. We would have received a 15% discount on the 2,500 DC points and the combination of the MKO 4,950 EOY points would have moved us to Presidential level. Based on what I have read and read from other Tuggers, we just couldn't rationalize the additional investment.

It certainly is addictive to consider adding more points or other ownership, as there is always some additional benefit. One has to be careful to really consider whether the additional initial cost and ongoing MF's make sense given their current and future situation. As GregT often says, "fun stuff."

Mike

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
With Marriott (and yes, Starwood, HGVC, Westin, etc.) you have to stay informed. If there is a chance to make money, all will make changes to their programs, sometimes for a short period of time and sometimes permanently. It is in their DNA!

George

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott has been this way since the inception of the point system. Disney Vacation Club on the other hand has no such levels. The newer resorts just require more points to for each room category. I think I like the DVC way better.

PearlCity

TUG Member
Reaction score
Enroll any week with purchase of points email.

Anybody get this? sorry if this has been posted before. I have been out of it a bit. I have an EOY platinum canyon villas. That I've been able to successfully trade into mko. What would be my out of pocket cost to do this?

"Marriott Vacation Club® is celebrating five years of the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations™ Exchange Program by offering you an unprecedented, limited-time opportunity to enroll your weeks and gain access to more vacation options and greater flexibility. Plus by enrolling, you may elevate your ownership to one of four new benefit levels with enhanced benefits.

As an Owner with a week or weeks that could not be enrolled previously in the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program, this is the perfect time to elevate your ownership.*

From now through November 4, 2015, we are providing you the opportunity to enroll any weeks you own when you purchase the following number of Vacation Club Points:

2,500 Vacation Club Points for 1 External Week Enrollment
3,500 Vacation Club Points for 2 External Weeks Enrollment
5,000 Vacation Club Points for 3 to 7 External Weeks Enrollment
By enrolling any weeks you choose, you may also elevate your ownership to one of four new levels with increasing benefits at each higher level. Some of the benefits at higher levels include access to luxury residences and additional cruise tiers, improved ability to bank and borrow Vacation Club Points, enhanced reservation windows and more.

For details about purchasing Vacation Club Points by November 4,
call 866-363-8216."

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
You'll probably get somebody to chime in with their exact results, but in general: somewhere between $10.xx and $12.xx per point (x2500...) plus any 'deals' you can swing for add-ons, bonuses etc...

YMMV: some report success with negotiating for extras only in person (at sales center) vs telephone from what I've read.

[Link deleted after threads merged. <--- SueDonJ]

read thru here.

I just saw $10.98 per point plus 5000 dc points or xxxx MR points as one example.

ps: when I said 'better luck with sales center....' I think you could probably do a call-in to one of the sales centers and wrangle a deal if necessary. That's been reported here somewhere. dig dig dig. good luck

Last edited by a moderator:

PearlCity

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks I figured it was ridiculously expensive...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bill4728

Reaction score
We were just offered at NCV

Enroll our NCV gold week (2700 pts) : if we bought 2,500 Vacation Club Points

We got the 2010 DC price of $10.50 and 2500 bonus pts for use in 2016 Also were able to use the $1000 we paid in 2014 for a 4 night encore package

It would have allowed us to have both NCV weeks we own (one was pre 2010) in the DC and with the extra 2500 trust pts would have given us 7900 possible points /year. I was tempted but DW said no way we will spend another $26K on timeshares when we currently have 6 weeks of TS

MommaBear

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of you with great experience posting here. I received my email this am and turned to TUG and quickly decided the $297 I spent for my Desert Springs EOY was all the money I should spend. It is still a great II trader and I am sure will continue to be even if I don't use it for a Marriott.

Stu M-R

Reaction score
We were just offered at NCV

Enroll our NCV gold week (2700 pts) : if we bought 2,500 Vacation Club Points

We got the 2010 DC price of $10.50 and 2500 bonus pts for use in 2016 Also were able to use the $1000 we paid in 2014 for a 4 night encore package

It would have allowed us to have both NCV weeks we own (one was pre 2010) in the DC and with the extra 2500 trust pts would have given us 7900 possible points /year. I was tempted but DW said no way we will spend another $26K on timeshares when we currently have 6 weeks of TS

Hi,

Having read Icydog's tale and the depth of support available on this forum, I wanted to 'give back' by offering a European owner's perspective:

We purchased a 2-bed, Gold Week at Harbour Lake in 2009, but missed DC roll out in Europe that followed the US launch in 2010. As such, we only really found out about the DC programme - and the then higher $2395 enrolment fee (no plus points) - at a presentation during a stay at Grande Vista in 2013. Enrolling MHL would grant us 1950 DC points, but as we all know, you really need more (I.e Trust) points to "really feel the benefit". At $11.88 per point for a minimum 1500 points, if I recall correctly, we had clearly missed the boat on the offer of cheaper enrolment, lower points cost and plus points. With no budging on Marriott's part, and my nature of not paying more for something I could have had for less, we returned home and considered our options - including getting rid!!. Faith somewhat restored, we eventually went down the Marriott Resale route and bought a Platinum, 2-bed week at Grande Vista for $8490 all-in. Although we still had no points, we did have a 2nd TS week (and at nearly half the cost of our first week!), so at least our average cost of purchase was going the right way. We could also purchase a matching number of points - 2775 - within a yr - for $33,000. For this princely sum, they would waive enrolment fees on both the HL and GV weeks and we would have 4725 points to elect, if we chose. We felt the numbers too big, purely for some 'optionality', and we let the offer-year lapse.

We took a holiday at Marriott Playa Andaluza in 2014 and despite striking up a good rapport with the Marriott Rep and agreeing some attractive deal terms, we did not feel it was quite right. Then, following a vacation at Grande Vista this summer, and comfortable with the benefits of DC, we returned home and contacted our friendly Rep at Playa Andaluza to see what could be offered, before we went down a Trust Points purchase route.

This is what we were presented with:

- A 3-bed, Silver Week at Marbella Beach Club
- 80,000 MRP gift
- FYU 2016
- 3yrs Gold Elite
- Price: $13,000 at prevailing exchange rates.

Our assessment:

- A Silver wk suit doesn't really suit at the moment ( kids in school ) - but the 2400 DC points for which it enrols definitely does!
- 80,000 MRP gift - wouldn't want to have to buy them...but will take them whenever offered.
- FYU 2016 - saves a $4-figure MF in October ...and then the same again 2 months later! (We were originally offered FYU 2015, but we would not be able to use it due to closing so late in the yr, so we were offered another 80k MRP in lieu)
Gold Elite - I reach GE each yr already...but it should put Platinum in more easy reach for the next 3 years.

However, the real clinchers were the waiving of MHL enrolment fees AND our 'ineligible' post-2010 Platinum MGV getting enrolled too! So we ended up with 7125 enrolled DC points, Executive Level Status, legacy weeks in resorts at which we are happy to stay and some points and perks: Depending on the maths, it seems that we bought in at:

MGV - $8490 (2775 DC points)
MBC - $13000 (2400 DC points)

Total $21,490 for 5175 points = $4.15 per point.

We took the deal and closed this week. Through luck (some bad at first), blind patience and timing, we got a deal that worked at a price that we felt to be good value. If we add-in the cost of MHL and the points which that brings, the portfolio of 3 weeks gives us 7125 DC points at $5.21 per point. This is a long way from where we were a couple of yrs ago and even further away from the large numbers Marriott has placed in front of us since then, in encouraging us to consider Trust Point purchases.

We appreciate that we are small fish compared to many on this helpful forum, but we are now happy with our lot and hope that it sets us up for flexibility and happy holidays over years to come.

We could not have done this without each one of, like SueDonJ, Dioxide45 & Bill4278 who share your experiences, give your views, issue gentle caveat emptors or simply offer a different perspective. We do not feel knowledgeable enough to comment, but we have read, and we have learned much from each of you.

Thank you all

HomerS

Reaction score
Sharing the Current Offer

First time contributor to the forum - I have read it for years and truly appreciate all the excellent advice. It has really helped me maximize my ownership. A BIG THANKS!

Just received a call from Marriott to enrolled our aftermarket purchased Barony Bay Platinum Ocean Front (pre-2010) and Gold Ocean Side week (post 2010). Compared to the other deals reported - this "deal" seemed - shall we say - light.

Buy 2500 destination points at $10.98 / point and receive: 2500 DC points and free enrollment of our platinum and gold weeks in destinations. The email that was sent states my current ownership as 8250 DC points (I was quoted the Barony OS gold week, ineligible outside this offer, was equal to 3250). With the 2500 points the total would be 10750. A big deal was made about being over 10k in points. Just before handing up and after saying "I need to share with my wife" verbally offered a "free interval international week" and I assume this is the PlusPoints.

We typically have always stayed at the Barony but the kids are getting older and we will likely need the flexibility offered by points. However, $27450 for the points, ~$800 closing, $1250 maintenance, and $250 club dues is $29750 and a little pricy for us. We will likely bit the bullet and purchase but going to let the deal soak awhile and see if it gets a little sweeter before November 4th.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
First time contributor to the forum - I have read it for years and truly appreciate all the excellent advice. It has really helped me maximize my ownership. A BIG THANKS!

Just received a call from Marriott to enrolled our aftermarket purchased Barony Bay Platinum Ocean Front (pre-2010) and Gold Ocean Side week (post 2010). Compared to the other deals reported - this "deal" seemed - shall we say - light.

Buy 2500 destination points at $10.98 / point and receive: 2500 DC points and free enrollment of our platinum and gold weeks in destinations. The email that was sent states my current ownership as 8250 DC points (I was quoted the Barony OS gold week, ineligible outside this offer, was equal to 3250). With the 2500 points the total would be 10750. A big deal was made about being over 10k in points. Just before handing up and after saying "I need to share with my wife" verbally offered a "free interval international week" and I assume this is the PlusPoints.

We typically have always stayed at the Barony but the kids are getting older and we will likely need the flexibility offered by points. However, $27450 for the points, ~$800 closing, $1250 maintenance, and $250 club dues is $29750 and a little pricy for us. We will likely bit the bullet and purchase but going to let the deal soak awhile and see if it gets a little sweeter before November 4th.

Ask them for 15% off the 10.98 per point price. When I purchased, they were able to offer 15% off 2500 points, 20% off 3500/5000 point package. The free interval week is a week banked with Interval, not the plus points. I was given this too and at first I only had 6 months to use once deposited but they ended up agreeing to 12 months once deposited.

I purchased 5000 points to enroll 7 weeks almost 2 months ago and while it was pricey, I am happy with the purchase. I've already booked a 2BR Oceanside platinum week in Aruba and Marriott Crystal Shores in July for 2016 :banana:

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Ask them for 15% off the 10.98 per point price. When I purchased, they were able to offer 15% off 2500 points, 20% off 3500/5000 point package.

I think the $10.98 is already 15% off the rack rate of $12something a point.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Having read Icydog's tale and the depth of support available on this forum, I wanted to 'give back' by offering a European owner's perspective:

We purchased a 2-bed, Gold Week at Harbour Lake in 2009, but missed DC roll out in Europe that followed the US launch in 2010. As such, we only really found out about the DC programme - and the then higher $2395 enrolment fee (no plus points) - at a presentation during a stay at Grande Vista in 2013. Enrolling MHL would grant us 1950 DC points, but as we all know, you really need more (I.e Trust) points to "really feel the benefit". At $11.88 per point for a minimum 1500 points, if I recall correctly, we had clearly missed the boat on the offer of cheaper enrolment, lower points cost and plus points. With no budging on Marriott's part, and my nature of not paying more for something I could have had for less, we returned home and considered our options - including getting rid!!. Faith somewhat restored, we eventually went down the Marriott Resale route and bought a Platinum, 2-bed week at Grande Vista for $8490 all-in. Although we still had no points, we did have a 2nd TS week (and at nearly half the cost of our first week!), so at least our average cost of purchase was going the right way. We could also purchase a matching number of points - 2775 - within a yr - for $33,000. For this princely sum, they would waive enrolment fees on both the HL and GV weeks and we would have 4725 points to elect, if we chose. We felt the numbers too big, purely for some 'optionality', and we let the offer-year lapse.

We took a holiday at Marriott Playa Andaluza in 2014 and despite striking up a good rapport with the Marriott Rep and agreeing some attractive deal terms, we did not feel it was quite right. Then, following a vacation at Grande Vista this summer, and comfortable with the benefits of DC, we returned home and contacted our friendly Rep at Playa Andaluza to see what could be offered, before we went down a Trust Points purchase route.

This is what we were presented with:

- A 3-bed, Silver Week at Marbella Beach Club
- 80,000 MRP gift
- FYU 2016
- 3yrs Gold Elite
- Price: $13,000 at prevailing exchange rates.

Our assessment:

- A Silver wk suit doesn't really suit at the moment ( kids in school ) - but the 2400 DC points for which it enrols definitely does!
- 80,000 MRP gift - wouldn't want to have to buy them...but will take them whenever offered.
- FYU 2016 - saves a $4-figure MF in October ...and then the same again 2 months later! (We were originally offered FYU 2015, but we would not be able to use it due to closing so late in the yr, so we were offered another 80k MRP in lieu)
Gold Elite - I reach GE each yr already...but it should put Platinum in more easy reach for the next 3 years.

However, the real clinchers were the waiving of MHL enrolment fees AND our 'ineligible' post-2010 Platinum MGV getting enrolled too! So we ended up with 7125 enrolled DC points, Executive Level Status, legacy weeks in resorts at which we are happy to stay and some points and perks: Depending on the maths, it seems that we bought in at:

MGV - $8490 (2775 DC points)
MBC - $13000 (2400 DC points)

Total $21,490 for 5175 points = $4.15 per point.

We took the deal and closed this week. Through luck (some bad at first), blind patience and timing, we got a deal that worked at a price that we felt to be good value. If we add-in the cost of MHL and the points which that brings, the portfolio of 3 weeks gives us 7125 DC points at $5.21 per point. This is a long way from where we were a couple of yrs ago and even further away from the large numbers Marriott has placed in front of us since then, in encouraging us to consider Trust Point purchases.

We appreciate that we are small fish compared to many on this helpful forum, but we are now happy with our lot and hope that it sets us up for flexibility and happy holidays over years to come.

We could not have done this without each one of, like SueDonJ, Dioxide45 & Bill4278 who share your experiences, give your views, issue gentle caveat emptors or simply offer a different perspective. We do not feel knowledgeable enough to comment, but we have read, and we have learned much from each of you.

Thank you all

i'm confused. Did you buy a points package that allowed you to enroll your two weeks?
Why were you sold a silver week when weeks aren't being sold except resale?
If I bought a week through Marriott Resales would it count towards a point package?

I'm really confused. Can you please explain? Thank you. Marylyn

Stu M-R

Reaction score
i'm confused. Did you buy a points package that allowed you to enroll your two weeks?
Why were you sold a silver week when weeks aren't being sold except resale?
If I bought a week through Marriott Resales would it count towards a point package?

I'm really confused. Can you please explain? Thank you. Marylyn

Hi Marylyn,

Sorry for any confusion - let me try to clarify.

First things first: In Europe, it is still possible to buy deeded weeks. I am not sure whether one needs to be based in Europe ( or indeed European) to be able to do so, but I do not see why a US resident should not be able to do likewise. After all, we, as European residents, happily bought US weeks: 1 from Marriott, when weeks were still available, and another 1 through Marriott Resales in 2013.

Secondly, we all love deeded weeks! That's how we all got started. There is something comforting about the tangibility of a deed. That said, keep in mind that this was ALL about POINTS for us. We already had 2 deeded weeks... but 0 points! ( Week 'rich' but Point poor, I guess). We did not 'need' the week, but we did want points to make our Marriott portfolio more resilient - future-proof even - by having a stake in the new points game, which we feared, sooner or later, could 'devalue' our Marriott proposition.

Ok, so we did not buy a points package /hybrid etc., we purchased a deeded, 3bed, silver week, from Marriott, on what we felt was a really good promotion: by this I mean a 2bed, silver week would have given us a lower enrolled points value, fewer MRPs and would have been more expensive ( And by that I mean nearly $2000 more!!). There was no contingent requirement to purchase matching points. This week could be enrolled for points. The purchase of this week also enabled us to enroll our 1st deeded week purchase, bought in 2009, (and thus which was eligible for enrolment, upon payment of $2395).

Crucially, if we bought this week, it would also enable us to enroll our 2nd deeded, resale week, purchased in 2013 and which was ineligible, since a) it was a post 2010 week and b) we did not buy a matching sum of Trust points within a year of purchasing said week.

The promotion, as described above, meant that all of this could happen without needing to pay any enrolment fees. Hence, we bought it and went from 0 points to 7100+ points (plus frills, MRPs, 3yr Gold elite etc), for the sum of c.$13,000. Had we bought matching TP's back in 2013/14, in order to enroll our 2nd deeded, resale week, that figure would have been $33,000 (2775*$11.88)!

Lastly, assuming I am using the correct terminology and assuming things have not changed, I believe that if one purchases a resale week, it counts towards a 'points package'. I understand 'points package' to mean that one purchases an (otherwise inelegible) resale week but then purchases an equivalent tranch of Trust points, which makes the inelegible week now eligible. Do correct me if I am wrong in my understanding.

We were simply fortunate that, at the time we had gotten over our initial reservations and frustrations around the DC program and felt prepared to buy some 'Points Optionality', there was a promotion which enabled us to do so, so much more cost-effectively than we had seen at presentations or would have otherwise hoped.

I hope that helps.

Stu M-R

Last edited:

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There was no contingent requirement to purchase matching points. This week could be enrolled for points.

WOW! That is an amazing deal. I think that is the first offer that I've heard of that didn't requiring a matching or some type of trust points purchase to enroll a week (whether via Marriott or external resale).

Maybe it's specific to Europe?:ponder:

Stu M-R

Reaction score
WOW! That is an amazing deal. I think that is the first offer that I've heard of that didn't requiring a matching or some type of trust points purchase to enroll a week (whether via Marriott or external resale).

Maybe it's specific to Europe?:ponder:

Thanks - We thought so, but it's good to have some validation. I have read the posts on this thread and thought that what we were offered was different, so I thought I would outline the specifics to see if the consensus was " this is not uncommon" or indeed " WOW! That is an amazing deal." :).

I do not recall being told during negotiations that this was only for European owners. I do, however, recall being told that there were only a few left, so we did not dilly-dally on the offer.

HomerS

Reaction score
Down to the wire

Bit the bullet and enrolled our aftermarket Barony Bay Platinum Ocean Front (pre-2010) and Gold Ocean Side week (post 2010).

Bought 2500 destination points at $10.98 / point and got: 2500 DC points and free enrollment of our platinum and gold weeks in destinations. Barony OS gold week was worth 3225 and OF platinum was 5025 for a total of 10750. Got an Interval II week good for 12 months and was offered MR platinum status (but I'm already lifetime platinum).

Thanks for all the input - now for the vacationing!! :)

Last edited:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Can anybody confirm that the reported cut-off date of 11/4/15 remained in effect, and the promotion is now ended? Have there been any emails alluding to the promotion being extended? Thanks!

SeaDoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Chairman's Club:
2 Marriott Newport Coasts-PLAT;
1 Marriott Desert Springs I-RED;
1 Marriott Timber Lodge - Summer-PLAT;
3 StarElite Vistana: 2 Westin Lagunamar-PLAT
Can anybody confirm that the reported cut-off date of 11/4/15 remained in effect, and the promotion is now ended? Have there been any emails alluding to the promotion being extended? Thanks!
FYI

Beginning Thursday, November 5th, an Additional External Week Enrollment Campaign will begin and run through December 30, 2015. The new program requires an additional 500 Vacation Club Point purchase at each level and is structured as follows:

Enrollment
Additional Vacation Club Points Purchase Required
Up to One Externally Purchased Week - 3,000
Two Externally Purchased Weeks - 4,000
Three to Seven Externally Purchased Weeks - 5,500

The rules of the current program remain the same. Highlights:
« All External Weeks must have been closed by August 15, 2015.
« The External Week Program CANNOT be combined with a Bundle Sale.
« The program is available to Owners residing in the USA, Latin America and the Caribbean.
« 2015 Vacation Club Point purchases will continue to count toward the above purchase requirements.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
FYI

Beginning Thursday, November 5th, an Additional External Week Enrollment Campaign will begin and run through December 30, 2015. The new program requires an additional 500 Vacation Club Point purchase at each level and is structured as follows:

Enrollment

« The program is available to Owners residing in the USA, Latin America and the Caribbean.
« 2015 Vacation Club Point purchases will continue to count toward the above purchase requirements.

Thanks SeaDoc. Any read on how successful the first round of the program was for MVC?

Seems logical it must have been successful if they are upping the point requirements a bit.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
FYI

Enrollment

Thanks - the FAQ has been updated.