• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

No Pepsi, Coke

Fredm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I prefer Pepsi. But was amazed by this comment:

"When I last asked USA TODAY Road Warriors whether they preferred Coke vs. Pepsi back in March, it became clear that soda brands are such a powerful loyalty driver that a chain's affiliation with either Coke or Pepsi can potentially sway hotel booking decisions."

And here we are, dissecting program differences between Starwood,Marriott, Hyatt, etc. The soft drink brand offered never entered my head when deciding where to stay.

Who knew we were missing a major decision point!

E

EducatedConsumer

Will Starwood's shift from Pepsi to Coke lead to an increase in I.I. exchange power for Starwood properties?

I'm hoping there are some Westin St. John owners who are so incensed by Starwood's shift to Coke, that they start traveling elsewhere, and relinquish their time at WSJ to I.I.

Delirious, I know.

Might I.I. begin to offer the Starwood owners Pepsi redemption coupons instead of I.I. Bonus Weeks for their Starwood deposit?

Westin5Star

TUG Member
Reaction score
Starwood serves Pepsi. I thought they only served rum, vodka, tequila, gin, etc. I guess this change won't affect me too much.

gravitar

TUG Member
Reaction score
I prefer coke. I wish Marriott would switch.

That is likely to not happen. Back during the last big hotel downturn, early 90's I believe, IIRC Marriott was desperate for cash, They asked Coke and Coke said no. Pepsi stepped up with an open wallet and... its been Pepsi ever since.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
And sodas on cruises...

Not exactly the same, but similarly... time was, on a cruise, you could go to a dispenser at about any of the self-serve eateries (around the pool, buffet, etc) and get a soda. Gratis. Now, on the last several cruises we've been on, sodas are a bar item ($5-$8 +15%) any time, and fruit drinks (OJ, grapefruit, etc) are only available at breakfast. You can buy a card that buys you unlimited sodas for $100+ for a cruise, but this has turned into a major profit center!

For the record, if anyone is keeping track for their HOA, we prefer Coke.

Jim Ricks

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I don't ever remember free sodas on cruises, but most of my cruising in the last fifteen years has been on Princess or RCL. On Princess a can of soda is $1.73 ($1.50 + 15% tip). A soda card is $4.25 a day + 15% tip, and you have to purchase it for the entire cruise. Still much less than $100., unless it is a long, long cruise. Heck, if I drank that much soda, I'd buy some in each port. But my sister can drink much more than $4. a day...

Fern

Not exactly the same, but similarly... time was, on a cruise, you could go to a dispenser at about any of the self-serve eateries (around the pool, buffet, etc) and get a soda. Gratis. Now, on the last several cruises we've been on, sodas are a bar item ($5-$8 +15%) any time, and fruit drinks (OJ, grapefruit, etc) are only available at breakfast. You can buy a card that buys you unlimited sodas for $100+ for a cruise, but this has turned into a major profit center!

For the record, if anyone is keeping track for their HOA, we prefer Coke.

Jim Ricks

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
If I had *my* choice, BTW, I'd choose Mexican Coke™. I bought one while on my last cruise. Now that is a Coke™! Made with cane sugar and more flavored syrup than ours.

Fern

aeroflygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Coke Please

I prefer Coke products to the extent that if only Pepsi is available, I choose iced tea or water. I pick fast food restaurants based whether or not they serve Coke.

sail27bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does this new partnership mean that suddenly Starwood will be making lots of money and my MFs will suddenly drop? If so, I will be more than happy to drink coke for the cause.:)

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
Frankly, I prefer both Coke AND Pepsi to the Kool Aid that the salespeople try to foist on us. I see this as a positive change. :D

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
1/2 & 1/2.

I prefer a nice blend of half Pepsi Cola & half Coca-Cola, over ice, in a large RC Cola glass.

That's refreshment !

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Scott&Laura

Reaction score
Trivia on the PEPSI - COKE idea.

delta and Northwest Airlines--both having hubs in Atlanta had COKE--for the reason Atlanta was home to COKE.

The PEPSI-COKE challenge is a classic statistics class case.
Pepsi being sweeter - was provided in the Pepsi/Coke taste challenge in shot glass sized amounts as was Coke.

People will prefer the sweeter drink i smaller amounts. Coke being less sweetend would be preferred in glass sized amounts.

Coke tried sweetening their drinks to match Pepsi and it was a disaster---the birth of Classic Coke came as a result of the negative reaction.

Scott

Maui_ed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WPORV, WKORV, WDW
I prefer Pepsi so long as it is Pepsi One or Pepsi Max, and my wife prefers Diet Coke, so one or the other of us is going to be upset no matter what they choose to serve. And since almost nobody serves either Pepsi One or Pepsi Max, I guess it is good that my wife will now be able to get her Coke products!

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Water, please.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]

taffy19

Reaction score
A glass of nice cool water! No Pepsi or Coke. ;) I am so glad that we can play these old records to listen how it once was. :)