• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New TUG2.com website now live for all owners!

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
For Rent Hawaii

When you go to For Rent Hawaii (any island) at the top it says "For Sale - Hawaii"

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I tried it again. It doesn't seem to be working.

believe we have sorted this out...your ad shows the spaces now.

it was only displaying the blob of text within the my tug section (where you view and edit your own ads)...viewed live on the site the formatting shows properly.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
When you go to For Rent Hawaii (any island) at the top it says "For Sale - Hawaii"

hmm, seems this is only an issue for the testing site...not the live site?

noone should be going to testing.tug2.com anymore.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
keep all the issues/bugs coming guys! I thank you all so much for finding these glitches so we can sort them out!

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
what issues are you having with searches? you are the only one to report an issue...if no results are being returned likely something has been checked or selected that is eliminating all results.

could you provide some more info?

also what do you mean about your own listings not having enough info? did you click the "view ad" link? that expands the ad to show all the information.

If I go to Search Classified Ads and enter Wyndham Bonnet Creek in the Resort Name / Location / Keyword field and specify no other search terms, I should get quite a few listings including my own. I get nothing.

If I go to the My Classifieds page, my listings show but the only information is the resort, price, and the expiration date of the listing. It would be nice if the week and number of bedrooms were shown like the old page did. If, for example, I have eight listings for one resort, they all look the same except for price. I know the detail is available if I click on the ad.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
can also try putting in this code between your lines to add spaces

<br>

it should accept html just fine, not saying its a permanent fix...as we will get to that...but if you want it to show up pretty asap...that should get you by.

Thanks my listing has been fixed :)

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
If I go to Search Classified Ads and enter Wyndham Bonnet Creek in the Resort Name / Location / Keyword field and specify no other search terms, I should get quite a few listings including my own. I get nothing.

Yes, that's what I experienced as well and reported in Post #42.

Keyword Search doesn't seem to be working under "Search Classified Ads". I tried Marriott, Sheraton and Hilton Grand Vacations Club

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Ads with posted dates going back to 2008

could actually be when that ad was posted, lots of people just renew ads year after year.

without knowing the ad in question, thats just a guess though!

I sorted the section called "For Sale - Florida - Gulf Coast / Orlando - Orlando Area" by posted date. Multiple ads came up as far back as 2008.

I guess agents can reused the single TUG ad for selling multiple weeks over several years.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
great feedback, I can see the issue with the search keyword...hopefully thats an easy fix. will let you know!

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
just how big are these?

3264 X 2448.
From 1.6 to 2.8 Mb.

Don't have a Mac, but found this page: http://www.howtogeek.com/201638/use-your-macs-preview-app-to-crop-resize-rotate-and-edit-images/

Looks like this should do it fairly easily:
Mac PREVIEW app > Tools > Adjust size

Thanks.
I know how to do it but it's like a 3 step process and you gotta save everything twice. I edit photos all day for my ebay store but I still find it to be a pain. So much so that I now pay an online software to store and edit the size of my photos along with hosting them. It's just so much easier to upload and resize them with the online server than on my computer. :crash:

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
When I take photos that I intend to post anywhere on the net I set my camera for the lowest quality pics. The photos are fine but I never have a problem with them being too big to any sites I use.

I know this won't help with photos already taken but may be useful in the future.

I wasn't thinking of posting them online at the time, but thanks for the info. :)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ill see if we can up the image file to 2mb....but anything above that is a bit silly picture wise. it would be larger than most screen resolutions.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
ill see if we can up the image file to 2mb....but anything above that is a bit silly picture wise. it would be larger than most screen resolutions.
For anything posted on a website (not for those to download and then use for printing photos), larger than a few hundred KB is overkill.

I understand people don't want "the hassle" of downsizing, but even the dullest modern phones/cameras, take photos in excess of 1-2MB; decent cameras are 15-20MB+ per photo.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I wasn't thinking of posting them online at the time, but thanks for the info. :)

Another issue is that I am not going to take two sets of photos, one to post and others to potentially print. I want to be able to skim through the photos I take and decide if I will upload some or not.

Is it not possible to have the website rescale the photos automatically? I am sure that other sites do this. I know that a photo that my wife uploads to Facebook is no longer the same size and or quality as the original as if I download it again, the file size is not the same.

This is why I have opted to just put all my photos in a Flickr account, no need to worry about resizing and such.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
made some tweaks to the queries in the marketplace...should have taken care of the search issues mentioned above!

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.

Oh don't worry about it.
It's really not that important. I just get carried away taking pictures at the timeshares I stay at because I want to remember them myself.

I post them on Tripadvisor so people can just go there to see them if they want to see my reviews with pictures, I'm one of their top reviewers. :D

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
limit should now be 3mb.

you can write more reviews on TUG too =)

m4travels

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the Marketplace, when one hits the "All Bargain Basement" link, one appears to get all of the listings....unless, of course, $20,000 is a bargain! (And it might be for some!!)

Michael

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
limit should now be 3mb.

you can write more reviews on TUG too =)

Thanks.
I've got several that I'm due to write before I forget.
It was a busy year for timeshare stays. :D

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
When I click on All Bargain Basement, All for sale comes up instead (many over $500). Speaking of which there is no All for Sale tab, to see the latest listings overall instead of by region.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
working on the bargain basement issue...someone mentioned it just above your post.

not sure anyone ever used the "all for sale" query, it would literally return 2500ish resorts...but we can add it.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Maybe it's just me but where is the search box?
Is it the filter box?

There isn't any "go" button so is there no way to search a specific resort with all like the past site?

Say I just wanted to see everything for sale, rent, exchange etc. for just one specific resort.

Am I doing it wrong? :confused:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
working on the bargain basement issue...someone mentioned it just above your post.

not sure anyone ever used the "all for sale" query, it would literally return 2500ish resorts...but we can add it.

It's not that I want to see all 2500. I just like to skim through the most recent 30 or so that have been added since the last time I checked.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score