• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New loyalty level for 100,000+ pts

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
They added a new loyalty level for 100,000+ points called Centum.
Members that own already 100,000+ points, don't get Centum level automatically.
They must purchase a minimum of 10,000 pts after December 15, 2020 as per page 15 of the updated DeX guide document https://cmsprod.diamondresorts.com/sites/default/files/destination-xchange-member-guide_2.pdf

The loyalty benefits document is still not updated on the web site but on the Facebook group, https://www.facebook.com/groups/DRIUSF, somebody puts a picture of the new loyalty benefits of the Centum.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
How much is that going cost and do you still pay yearly MF?

chemteach

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine what I would ever do with 100,000 points. And the maintenance fees for that has to be outrageous! I feel sorry for anyone who goes for Centum...

Just looked at the photo of the "enhanced benefits" for Centum. It's pretty much the same as platinum except you get a special phone number to call if you are Centum. Platinum also has this. There are some minor enhancements compared to platinum, but not much. Of course, the sales people will try to convince members that the new benefits are well worth the money.

The only thing I really use with my platinum benefits is the $10 a day unlimited upgrades; with Centum the cost is only $7 per day.

Last edited:

awa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Platinum used to be $7 per day. I am also unimpressed with the benefits. In addition to the upgrades, we also like the ability to choose specific units. Centum has 3, same as Platinum. I have a guess at what they’ll be taking away from us next year.

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
Platinum used to be $7 per day. I am also unimpressed with the benefits. In addition to the upgrades, we also like the ability to choose specific units. Centum has 3, same as Platinum. I have a guess at what they’ll be taking away from us next year.

Platinum used to be unlimited FREE upgrades!

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes but you kept the unlimited days upgrade where Silver and Gold members where screwed with the change of per booking upgrade to per day upgrade.

A Silver member that was not able to travel during a year and has banked all its points to the next year, has a minimum of 2x15,000 pts (30,000 pts) the next year in his account but still limited to 14 days upgrade (2 weeks). Unused upgrade days from previous year are not transferrable and even if he has the Gold threshold of 30,000 pts, he doesn't get the 35 days upgrade like a Gold member.

Before the change to per day upgrade, Silver member with a scenario like that would be able to book 4 consecutive weeks in Maui (KBC) in a Scenic view using 4x6,500 pts (26,000 pts) and pay $99 to upgrade all 4 weeks to Ocean view.
Now, Silver member must book 2 weeks in Scenic view at 2x6,500 pts (13,000 pts) and pay 14x$20 to upgrade to Ocean view and book 2 weeks later when the next 2 weeks booking window will open, directly in Ocean view at 2x8,500 pts (17,000 pts) to get all 4 weeks in an Ocean view unit.
The difference is 4,000 pts + $280 + the risk that the other 2 weeks are not available vs $99 in a single 4 weeks booking.

A Gold member with all his 30,000 pts banked to get 60,000 pts during the next year would be able to book 9 consecutive weeks in a scenic view (9x6,500 pts = 58,500 pts) and upgrade all those 9 weeks for $49 in the past. Now, he could only book 5 weeks (35 days) in a scenic view (5x6,500 pts = 32,500 pts) and upgrade them to an ocean view for 5x7x$15= $525 and book 3 more week later directly in ocean view (3x8,500 pts = 25,500 pts). He would have a remaining of 2,000 pts (60,000 - 32,500 - 25,500 = 2,000 pts) in his account vs 1,500 pts in the past but get only 8 weeks in place of 9 weeks.

A Platinum member with all his 50,000 pts banked to get 100,000 pts during the next year would be able to book 15 consecutive weeks in a scenic view (15x6,500 pts = 97,500 pts) and upgrade all those 15 weeks for $0 in the past. Now, he can still book all the 15 weeks in a scenic view (15x6,500 pts = 97,500 pts) and upgrade them all to an ocean view for 15x7x$10= $1050. No lost in points/weeks and no risk that the other part of the booking would not be available because he still can do it in a single booking.

Silver members pay $181 more than in the past + 4,000 pts (~$800 in MF) for 4 weeks and their booking is more risky due to split in 2 booking windows.
Gold members pay $476 more than in the past, lost 1 week in Maui ($$$) and their booking is more risky due to split in 2 booking windows.
Platinum members pay $1050 more than in the past for 15 weeks but IMHO they are not the biggest loser compared to Gold and Silver members.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Members that own already 100,000+ points, don't get Centum level automatically.
I have no real words to describe this except to stay *expletive*heads!

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Even though we are no longer DRI owners, I still follow these threads. PoloTowers was our very first timeshare purchase back in 1998. We had high hopes for DRI back then and we’re thrilled with the quality. However, it didn’t take long before we started seeing broken promises and declining value. When DRI purchased Sunterra our hope was restored, only to be disappointed again as time rolled by. Eventually, we deeded our two weeks back to them.

As I follow these threads I feel assured we made the right decision to move on from DRI. We still love timeshare and own extensively in other brands. For DRI the shame of it all is we could have been exclusive owners with DRI, but they just never held up their end of the bargain IMHO and we got the feeling we were little more than a cash cow than true owners. They have a good product, but it could have been a great product.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes but you kept the unlimited days upgrade where Silver and Gold members where screwed with the change of per booking upgrade to per day upgrade.

A Silver member that was not able to travel during a year and has banked all its points to the next year, has a minimum of 2x15,000 pts (30,000 pts) the next year in his account but still limited to 14 days upgrade (2 weeks). Unused upgrade days from previous year are not transferrable and even if he has the Gold threshold of 30,000 pts, he doesn't get the 35 days upgrade like a Gold member.

Before the change to per day upgrade, Silver member with a scenario like that would be able to book 4 consecutive weeks in Maui (KBC) in a Scenic view using 4x6,500 pts (26,000 pts) and pay $99 to upgrade all 4 weeks to Ocean view.
Now, Silver member must book 2 weeks in Scenic view at 2x6,500 pts (13,000 pts) and pay 14x$20 to upgrade to Ocean view and book 2 weeks later when the next 2 weeks booking window will open, directly in Ocean view at 2x8,500 pts (17,000 pts) to get all 4 weeks in an Ocean view unit.
The difference is 4,000 pts + $280 + the risk that the other 2 weeks are not available vs $99 in a single 4 weeks booking.

A Gold member with all his 30,000 pts banked to get 60,000 pts during the next year would be able to book 9 consecutive weeks in a scenic view (9x6,500 pts = 58,500 pts) and upgrade all those 9 weeks for $49 in the past. Now, he could only book 5 weeks (35 days) in a scenic view (5x6,500 pts = 32,500 pts) and upgrade them to an ocean view for 5x7x$15= $525 and book 3 more week later directly in ocean view (3x8,500 pts = 25,500 pts). He would have a remaining of 2,000 pts (60,000 - 32,500 - 25,500 = 2,000 pts) in his account vs 1,500 pts in the past but get only 8 weeks in place of 9 weeks.

A Platinum member with all his 50,000 pts banked to get 100,000 pts during the next year would be able to book 15 consecutive weeks in a scenic view (15x6,500 pts = 97,500 pts) and upgrade all those 15 weeks for $0 in the past. Now, he can still book all the 15 weeks in a scenic view (15x6,500 pts = 97,500 pts) and upgrade them all to an ocean view for 15x7x$10= $1050. No lost in points/weeks and no risk that the other part of the booking would not be available because he still can do it in a single booking.

Silver members pay $181 more than in the past + 4,000 pts (~$800 in MF) for 4 weeks and their booking is more risky due to split in 2 booking windows.
Gold members pay $476 more than in the past, lost 1 week in Maui ($$$) and their booking is more risky due to split in 2 booking windows.
Platinum members pay $1050 more than in the past for 15 weeks but IMHO they are not the biggest loser compared to Gold and Silver members.
sounds there are some major changes with the new DEX program and a lot of fine print reading

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I understand all you’ve stated here. My;lint is that the benefits they tout today can disappear tomorrow. The free unlimited upgrades was a GREAT platinum upgrade that they sold many people on to get to platinum. I don’t care what platinum members are getting now. There are many who bought for the free upgrades as part of their reasoning and it no longer exists.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
delete me

Last edited:

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Diamond's MO is the same, lure you into the next level, then in few yrs they reduce benefits. This point, they maybe ran out of benefits to cut, so they add a new level and fill it with former Platinum level benefits?

h2oflyboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Centum+ w/ bHC NYC: W57th, The Residences; HGVC: Maui Bay, and Grand Islander; HVC: Cabo Azul
I achieved Centum Status this month. It's on my Dashboards. You'd think things would get easier? correct? Nope, they achieved new levels of suckiness. I bought points within HVC (DRI), and then the sales supervisor took my secondary market legacy contract and converted it - almost doubling my point total. That was a great selling point - I also wanted into the longer booking window for Cabo and other HVC properties.

The salesperson misrepresented the ability of THECLUB site (DRI or HVC) in handling all my reservations needs. I now have 2 websites I must use. I phone called this week because I had a reservation that I needed to cancel and the site did not give me that option. I dialed the Centum Counselor and was transferred back to a legacy counselor. After canceling the booking, I wanted to move points from the legacy account to the HVC account to complete a booking at The Point at Poipu. I knew it was available via HVC website, but the legacy counselor could not see it in her system - another transfer back; each time having to verify my digital identity (name, account, email, home address, and contract). I sent in a "contact us" to let HGVC know this.

One of the things...I learned... in order for me to transfer Legacy Points to the HVC (DRI) account - I must have 0 points in that latter account. That was BIG NEW information for me.

Waiting for a Centum counselor to be assigned is my next ask - and one of the 3 people I talked with this during my bouncing phone journey said they would put in the request to be assigned a Concierge; hopefully this happens.

DRIless

Reaction score
Waiting for a Centum counselor to be assigned is my next ask - and one of the 3 people I talked with this during my bouncing phone journey said they would put in the request to be assigned a Concierge; hopefully this happens.
I'd like to hear how this pans out for you. I have a CENTUM Concierge who has been great but now, instead of my call being routed first to my CENTUM Concierge where I'd 1) talk to my personal CENTUM Concierge 2) be able to leave them a message or 3) choose to go to any other CENTUM or maybe Platinum representative; I now just go straight to that pool of reps. The easiest way for me to reach my assigned CENTUM Concierge is to email them directly. When I was assigned my CENTUM Concierge more than two years ago, there were only four or five of them .....

h2oflyboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Centum+ w/ bHC NYC: W57th, The Residences; HGVC: Maui Bay, and Grand Islander; HVC: Cabo Azul
I'd like to hear how this pans out for you. I have a CENTUM Concierge who has been great but now, instead of my call being routed first to my CENTUM Concierge where I'd 1) talk to my personal CENTUM Concierge 2) be able to leave them a message or 3) choose to go to any other CENTUM or maybe Platinum representative; I now just go straight to that pool of reps. The easiest way for me to reach my assigned CENTUM Concierge is to email them directly. When I was assigned my CENTUM Concierge more than two years ago, there were only four or five of them .....
I adore communicating via email! I will update when I have established contact with my Concierge. I have a stay at The Quin booked for next month and am due an owner's update. hopefully my request will be answered before I go or at the very least that day - they usually start calling 1 week in advance to schedule an owner's update.

I worked a reservations line back in the 80's - I've had an 80% hearing loss since I was a toddler; I never asked the same question twice; I took efficient notes. now, when I call into a CS line, the most annoying problem is the lack of effective listening skills - having to repeat. The other is being "Blind Transferred" isn't fun for the client as they have to repeat to the new agent - all their account deets.

That pool sounds like my experience this week.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I wanted to move points from the legacy account to the HVC account to complete a booking at The Point at Poipu.
Are you saying that you are allowed to move HC or HGVC points into HVC? Are you also able HVC points into HC or HGVC?

I understand why you have two websites to log into.

h2oflyboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Are you saying that you are allowed to move HC or HGVC points into HVC? Are you also able HVC points into HC or HGVC?

I understand why you have two websites to log into.
Yes, the points move only oneway HC/HGVC to HVC. Big Huge deal - is that when they are moved the HVC window (10-13m) is reduced to 6 Months - inline with the HC/HGVC booking guideline.

I have to add... The HGVC site is not giving the FULL and current availability.