• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need help please (sales rep lied to me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I went to Hilton presentation twice before over more than 10 years time. No rep actually lied like her. I guess Hilton felt they could not sell the time share to us and finally sent their top liar. The rep did her home work and said that this was our third time presentation and it was the last time--no more chances for us.
Did you let out with a loud cheer and high 5 each other?

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the suggestions and comments. I do not think I will ever feel happy about Hilton's deception. They can get away with it because no one thinks it is possible to stand up to them. I am ready to lose all my money, but I will not give up fighting for what is right.
Hey, we feel for you. To reiterate what many on these boards have already said:

1) Many here on TUG, myself included, bought our first TS way overpriced at a presentation based on lies, half-truths, skewed facts and figures, and omission of pertinent facts.
2) It's not just HGVC sales people who lie. It's pretty much industry-wide.
3) Despite the reputation of the sales people, TSs (including HGVC) can still be enjoyed. In fact. that could be said about many other TS companies.
4) Despite overpaying for a retail sales TS, we can still get some enjoyment out if it. Many here have already suggested ways of doing that.
5) If you're really upset with this "deal" you purchased, there are places where you can file a complaint.
6) If you are absolutely certain that you want nothing more to do with your purchase or HGVC, there are viable ways to get rid of what you bought, just avoid the many scams out there.
7) Don't let your emotions get the best of you leading you to do something that you'll later regret. For instance, seeking legal action in instances such as these usually leads to even more headaches and frustration.

Anyway, I hope that we here on TUG have been of some help to you.

Last edited:

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
DVC-Animal Kingdom Kidani
I’m so sorry-I’d be sick to my stomach too. All I can say is that if you refuse to learn to use what you have-they have your 25k and you have nothing at all. If I was in your shoes I’d want to learn to get every possible cent of vacation out of Hilton that I could get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelJoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the suggestions and comments. I do not think I will ever feel happy about Hilton's deception. They can get away with it because no one thinks it is possible to stand up to them. I am ready to lose all my money, but I will not give up fighting for what is right.
I like your resolve. You are also correct regarding the deed and contract requiring the partial week being included, this is the legal angle the attorneys can pursue and as mentioned before take your complaint to as many resources that will listen. If the sales rep loses the license it will be far easier to get Hilton to void the transaction.

This another forum that maybe able to help, share your story there. This is the first step I would take as well is fanning my story across social media, if you hit the right buttons someone may pick it up.

I’m sure there are enough loopholes an attorney can find to set you free of this. Often times the general public just takes a corporate beating and never fights back, they certainly do not want a social media uproar that works in your favor. Not using this years benefits will not set you back much more then you are out already, I too would forego using this years offers. I would certainly pursue all legal actions possible before ever contemplating making lemonade. Take it slow and steady, we offer moral support.

Last edited:

heitmullerj02

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, HGVC Carlsbad
I'm trying to see the plus side to this. You own 4 nights in HI @ Grand Islander, a beautiful resort. Why not go there, you can book 12 months out? Also Red week would be happy to help you market it for a rental, which would cover your maintenance fees. Even if 4 nights is not enough, see if your bonus points can extend the trip.

Green Tree

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
grand islander
Hey, we feel for you. To reiterate what many on these boards have already said:

1) Many here on TUG, myself included, bought our first TS way overpriced at a presentation based on lies, half-truths, skewed facts and figures, and omission of pertinent facts.
2) It's not just HGVC sales people who lie. It's pretty much industry-wide.
3) Despite the reputation of the sales people, TSs (including HGVC) can still be enjoyed. In fact. that could be said about many other TS companies.
4) Despite overpaying for a retail sales TS, we can still get some enjoyment out if it. Many here have already suggested ways of doing that.
5) If you're really upset with this "deal" you purchased, there are places where you can file a complaint.
6) If you are absolutely certain that you want nothing more to do with your purchase or HGVC, there are viable ways to get rid of what you bought, just avoid the many scams out there.
7) Don't let your emotions get the best of you leading you to do something that you'll later regret. For instance, seeking legal action in instances such as these usually leads to even more headaches and frustration.

Anyway, I hope that we here on TUG have been of some help to you.
Thank you for your analysis and suggestions. I appreciate your help.

Green Tree

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
grand islander
I like your resolve. You are also correct regarding the deed and contract requiring the partial week being included, this is the legal angle the attorneys can pursue and as mentioned before take your complaint to as many resources that will listen. If the sales rep loses the license it will be far easier to get Hilton to void the transaction.

This another forum that maybe able to help, share your story there. This is the first step I would take as well is fanning my story across social media, if you hit the right buttons someone may pick it up.

I’m sure there are enough loopholes an attorney can find to set you free of this. Often times the general public just takes a corporate beating and never fights back, they certainly do not want a social media uproar that works in your favor. Not using this years benefits will not set you back much more then you are out already, I too would forego using this years offers. I would certainly pursue all legal actions possible before ever contemplating making lemonade. Take it slow and steady, we offer moral support.
Thank you so much TravelJoy. I spoke with Nevada Real Estate Division yesterday about the fraudulent actions of Hilton and its employees. The person I spoke to immediately sent me the complaint form. I have filed a complaint against the employees I met and HGV. Thank you for the links. I did pay another fee to push my 2023 points to 2024.

I visited Yelp site yesterday. HGV got 1.3 star--so many consumers there got cheated into buying time shares. A responsible business would try to remedy and respond to customers' complaints. Not a single word from HGV. This is s rotten business of corporate greed and corruption. That is why it would cultivate such liars -- this rep we met claimed she had worked there for 25 years. A person with conscience will not last there.

Green Tree

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
grand islander
I'm trying to see the plus side to this. You own 4 nights in HI @ Grand Islander, a beautiful resort. Why not go there, you can book 12 months out? Also Red week would be happy to help you market it for a rental, which would cover your maintenance fees. Even if 4 nights is not enough, see if your bonus points can extend the trip.
I was tricked into this deal. I will not enjoy my vacation there.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess Hilton felt they could not sell the time share to us and finally sent their top liar. The rep did her home work and said that this was our third time presentation and it was the last time--no more chances for us.

Probably not very likely that they researched and decided to send in a special top liar in your case because the other two attempts with "regular" agents had failed. I would suggest not using this supposition in your legal filings as it will undoubtedly weaken your case, which is tenuous to begin with.

Cheers.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
@GT75 Hi, can I have my entire posting here removed? It appears only an administrator can remove it? I have received a favorable decision from HGV today. They will cancel my time share and issue a full refund. I have agreed to remove my comments about HGV from social media. I thank everyone here to help and support me. I wish you best luck with your timeshares.
That's good news! Congratulations!
Please share how you were able to receive a favorable decision so we can help others who come here seeking help.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Removing this thread, OTOH, would deprive others of your
cautionary tale and favorable results for both you and HGVC.

We have seen instances of HGVC acting decently.
We like to say that HGVC (apart from their sales-weasels)
is a good company that will do the right thing (mostly).

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's good news! Congratulations!
Please share how you were able to receive a favorable decision so we can help others who come here seeking help.

Are you joking! After all of your perseverance. After you did that heart bleeding and TUG stands behind and supports you. The sales liar in chief will resolve this issue so long as you retract your experience. Now they will perpetually cast their bleeping BS on the next victim? How on earth will this vicious cycle ever end?

Reaction score
Technically, TUG is not "social media", the forum is not widely known like Facebook or Twitter, or their branches (Instagram, SnapChat, Threads, etc). Do the timeshare corporations read our site? Probably as guests. If there is a summary to all this, it's VERY RARE that they cancel a timeshare after the rescission period, but the OP had proof the real estate agent lied, and Hilton did the right thing. Hopefully the agent lost their real estate license. Those of us who are insurance agents are also under ethics laws like this, if I blatantly lied to a customer, I would lose my license. They could always go to a dealership to sell cars (no license needed) or a Best Buy to sell electronics, but if those businesses find out the agent lost their license, chances are they won't get a job there.

TS

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
Technically, TUG is not "social media", the forum is not widely known like Facebook or Twitter, or their branches (Instagram, SnapChat, Threads, etc). Do the timeshare corporations read our site? Probably as guests. If there is a summary to all this, it's VERY RARE that they cancel a timeshare after the rescission period, but the OP had proof the real estate agent lied, and Hilton did the right thing. Hopefully the agent lost their real estate license. Those of us who are insurance agents are also under ethics laws like this, if I blatantly lied to a customer, I would lose my license. They could always go to a dealership to sell cars (no license needed) or a Best Buy to sell electronics, but if those businesses find out the agent lost their license, chances are they won't get a job there.

TS
isn't there the Non-Reliance clause for TS real estate folks though? it basically is the license to lie where they can't be held responsible for anything they say....

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi @GT75
Re: removing posts upon resolution of a post dated rescind request due to sales lies.
There is TUG Mexican Forum precedent that @TUGBrian would be familiar with.

In the period 2000 - 2010+ Grupo Mayan (now Vidanta) had many TUG posts in which new purchasers complained shortly after the 5 day rescission period about sales lies. Grupo Mayan even had a TUG handle [Karen Rose] that would occasionally post.

If / when the buyer's issue was resolved - the buyer would post on TUG that their complaint had been resolved.
My recollection is that the thread was left in place but some moderator editing may have been done at the request of the TUG poster.

I hope this is helpful.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Hi @GT75
Re: removing posts upon resolution of a post dated rescind request due to sales lies.
There is TUG Mexican Forum precedent that @TUGBrian would be familiar with.

In the period 2000 - 2010+ Grupo Mayan (now Vidanta) had many TUG posts in which new purchasers complained shortly after the 5 day rescission period about sales lies. Grupo Mayan even had a TUG handle [Karen Rose] that would occasionally post.

If / when the buyer's issue was resolved - the buyer would post on TUG that their complaint had been resolved.
My recollection is that the thread was left in place but some moderator editing may have been done at the request of the TUG poster.

I hope this is helpful.
This type of request is probably best directed to @TUGBrian

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
This type of request is probably best directed to @TUGBrian
I agree but the OP has removed the request. If the OP does request again, then I was planning to redirect to @TUGBrian

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I appreciate you all for trying to help me. I just got a call from Hilton's two senior managers. They took a firm stand and would not budge to give anything. Just like you all mentioned, they asked for proof and told me there was no recording.

Thank you, Jim. Hilton's deceit and fraud makes this deal hard to swallow. I thank everyone here to help me and comfort me.

I know lots of victims are out there just like me. I just need to organize this group and fight back against the sham business.

Thank you. I know you are thinking of my best interest. What Hilton did is to rob people of their savings with their lies. They feel they are protected under an iron-clad contract and let their sales reps fart lies to innocent people, trick them and get away with it. I just cannot tolerate such fraud and injustice.

Friendly reminder....You came to us seeking help.
Once you've received your refund, I hope you come back and return the favor so we can help others.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
I imagine in this case they both benefit from the outcome. I’m not sure who benefits more ;)

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
1697205132352.png

This is this same story. Whoever this is made a lot of noise.
I really wish the OP would come back and share. However I don't know why the OP insisted on taking back the social media comments.
The OP even requested Elliot Advocacy to mute the story.
I am glad this remains in public view.
Let me know if this link works.

Long read. But this story matches this post by the OP.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
I bet that was part of the agreement with HGV. They cancel and the OP removes the public comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.