• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need help getting out of bluegreen timeshare!??

Kristine83

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue green
Hello, yesterday my husband and I bought a timeshare from BG. During the presentation everything made since. until we reviewed the contract again; and realized this wasn’t the best financial decision for our family. We bought it in Arizona and have 9 more days to rescind. I’m just so confused on how to go about this. Im reading on some forums it says to look for a paper to fill out, mail that in and that’s it. I can’t find that paper. Would it be okay to just call them and let them know I’m canceling my offer, and send them a letter in the mail? Im also confused on where to find the deed? Do I have to send a copy of everything I signed too ? Please help!!!

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Don't phone. Send a registered letter. The address will be in your documents. Don't worry you have time. Someone experienced with BG will post exact procedure. Hang tight.

Kristine83

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue green
Hello, yesterday my husband and I bought a timeshare from BG. During the presentation everything made since. until we reviewed the contract again; and realized this wasn’t the best financial decision for our family. We bought it in Arizona and have 9 more days to rescind. I’m just so confused on how to go about this. Im reading on some forums it says to look for a paper to fill out, mail that in and that’s it. I can’t find that paper. Would it be okay to just call them and let them know I’m canceling my offer, and send them a letter in the mail? Im also confused on where to find the deed? Do I have to send a copy of everything I signed too ? Please help!!!
“PURCHASER'S RIGHT TO RESCIND. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER STATEMENTS IN THIS AGREEMENT, OWNER/PURCHASER HAS THE LEGAL RIGHT TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT WITHOUT PENALTY OR OBLIGATION, OR CAUSE OF ANY KIND, BY MIDNIGHT ON THE TENTH (10TH) CALENDAR DAY (OR ANY LONGER PERIOD OF TIME ALLOWED IN THIS AGREEMENT) FOLLOWING THE DAY THE OWNER /PURCHASER EXECUTED THE PURCHASE AGREEMENT, BY SENDING OR DELIVERING A WRITTEN NOTICE OF RESCISSION TO THE SELLER: BLUEGREEN VACATIONS UNLIMITED,

ATTN: CORPORATE SALES

SECOUNTING DEPT. 1860 CONFERENCE WAY NORTH, SUITE 100, BOCA RATON, FLORID

33431-3311. NOTICE OF RESCISSION IS EFFECTIVE ON THE DATE THE CANCELLATION IS SENT. OWNER/PURCHASER MAY EXECUTE ALL DOCUMENTS IN ADVANCE. HOWEVER, THE CLOSING, AS EVIDENCED BY DELIVERY OF THE DEED OR OTHER DOCUMENT, IS PROHIBITED BEFORE THE TEN (10) CALENDAR DAY CANCELLATION PERIOD EXPIRES.”

I’m so confused. Do you get the deed when you sign or after it’s paid off? I can’t sleep and nothing is making any sense.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
send the letter asap. you have 10 days from the date you signed the contract to mail it. (postmark matters, not the arrival date).

congrats on finding TUG, you just saved thousands of dollars!

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't forget to mail it via USPS CERTIFIED MAIL and retain the Postmarked Receipt (that is your proof that you mailed it within the 10 day time limit). You will be able to electronically track the letter (and it won't be released until they sign for it).

How much will you be saving by not buying? i.e. what was your purchase price?

Now you can sleep!

Welcome to TUG.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
Step 1: Relax. You have 8 days left. People rescind all the time. Congratulations on finding TUG and realizing that you should rescind. You are making the correct decision

Step 2: The instructions are right there in what you posted. Just send a letter, certified mail, return receipt requested to the address they listed. In that letter, make sure to just write that you are exercising your right to rescind the timeshare purchase. Make sure that the letter is signed by everyone who signed the original contract (so include your spouse if you are married and you both signed it, etc). Get to the post office, mail it certified return receipt requested, and that’s it. There are no magic legal words you need to include in the letter.

Step 3: If you are still interested in a timeshare, research the resale market. You can likely purchase a timeshare you like for literally pennies on the dollar.

Seriously, get some sleep, you saved yourself in time, don’t stress anymore.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome @Kristine83

Sample rescission letter: (Credit to @DeniseM ).

Go to the US Post Office. Mail it Certified, Return Receipt.

Gentlemen:

Regarding contract "123" for purchase of a timeshare at "ABC" resort. We are exercising our legal right to cancel this contract. We expect a full refund of our deposit of "$123." Do not make any additional charges to my credit card. Please confirm my legal rescission in writing.

Sincerely,

John Husband
Jane Wife

Kristine83

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue green
Don't forget to mail it via USPS CERTIFIED MAIL and retain the Postmarked Receipt (that is your proof that you mailed it within the 10 day time limit). You will be able to electronically track the letter (and it won't be released until they sign for it).

How much will you be saving by not buying? i.e. what was your purchase price?

Now you can sleep!

Welcome to TUG.

We put 4,000 down and 36,000. It’s so embarrassing to admit.

Kristine83

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue green
Step 1: Relax. You have 8 days left. People rescind all the time. Congratulations on finding TUG and realizing that you should rescind. You are making the correct decision

Step 2: The instructions are right there in what you posted. Just send a letter, certified mail, return receipt requested to the address they listed. In that letter, make sure to just write that you are exercising your right to rescind the timeshare purchase. Make sure that the letter is signed by everyone who signed the original contract (so include your spouse if you are married and you both signed it, etc). Get to the post office, mail it certified return receipt requested, and that’s it. There are no magic legal words you need to include in the letter.

Step 3: If you are still interested in a timeshare, research the resale market. You can likely purchase a timeshare you like for literally pennies on the dollar.

Seriously, get some sleep, you saved yourself in time, don’t stress anymore.
Thank you so much! My husband and I will be sending the letter today once we get back home. I dont need to send any copies or mail the books back?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much! My husband and I will be sending the letter today once we get back home. I dont need to send any copies or mail the books back?
Today is Sunday. The post office is closed. Send it by USPS Certified w/return receipt so you know it is delivered)
You don't have a deed. That would be generated during the closing process. That has not begun yet.
Get home, unpack. Relax. Celebrate that you found TUG, and that all is well.

Welcome to TUG.

IF, after this is over, and your money is safely back in your hands, timeshare still interests you, come back. Read up on the various systems, and on how to use them to give your family some great memories and not break the bank.

Jim

Oh, note in your rescission letter that 'Promotional materials to be returned under separate cover', then send their junk back to the resort by the cheapest means.

Last edited:

Kristine83

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue green
Wi
Today is Sunday. The post office is closed. Send it by USPS Certified w/return receipt so you know it is delivered)

You don't have a deed. That would be generated during the closing process. That has not begun yet.

Get home, unpack. Relax. Celebrate that you found TUG, and that all is well.

Welcome to TUG.

IF, after this is over, and your money is safely back in your hands, timeshare still interests you, come back. Read up on the various systems, and on how to use them to give your family some great memories and not break the bank.

Jim

Oh, note in your rescission letter that 'Promotional materials to be returned under separate cover's, then send their junk back to the resort by the cheapest means.
Will do! Thank you!

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
We put 4,000 down and 36,000. It’s so embarrassing to admit.
Many on these boards have spent more on less, there is no shame in it. You caught it in time.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Lucky you, finding TUG in time! Timeshare is wonderful, we love it, but rescinding is the only decision you need to make and act on at this moment. You have a lot of time to consider a purchase of a resale timeshare. You can get a free or nearly free timeshare here on TUG.

There is a newbie form you can fill out here on TUG that will help us help you. There are so many great systems and great deeded weeks to consider. I have a few that are my favorites, and a recent giveaway on TUG under Bargain Deals even has me tempted, and I don't need more timeshares.

Good luck to you, and do stick around and be open to advice on buying.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now that you know how to rescind, once you do so, keep pin mind these couple things. First, watch out for any unidentified or "unexpected" phone calls coming your way. Once the resort or sales department receives your rescission letter, you might get phone calls urging you to reverse your decision to rescind.

Also, if the idea of timeshares still intrigue you, try renting a couple of times first. This will allow you to "try before you buy". Even if the rental costs you a couple of hundred bucks more than what you would have paid in MFs, that $200 will seem like a bargain if you decide that you do not want to own a timeshare. It will cost you probably a lot more than that to get rid of it.

Kristine83

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue green
August 13, 2023

names & address

To: Bluegreen Resorts

ATTN: CORPORATE SALES AND ACCOUNTING DEPT.

4960 CONFERENCE WAY. N STE 100

BOCA RATON, FL

33431-3311

Subject: Notice of Rescission

Contract reference number:

Attention customer service,

This letter is to inform you that we want to exercise our right of rescission to cancel our timeshare contract immediately that was purchased on August 11 of 2023 at the Bluegreen Vacation Preview Center in Peoria, Arizona. contract reference number , in accordance with the laws of the state of Arizona. We want a full refund of the initial deposit amount of $4,000 that was paid with a Mastercard ending in # for and American Express card ending in # for . We also want a refund of $49 for the new owner orientation paid with Mastercard ending in #. We also do not authorize any future additional charges to our bank account or credit card.

Please confirm my legal rescission in writing. Please refund all monies paid and stop any automatic debit to my personal accounts.

Promotional materials to be returned under separate cover on request.

Sincerely,

names & signature

Is this good? I paid the deposit with two cards to get points. The mail place I usually go to doesn’t do certified mail so I’m going today and sending it out certified mail with return receipt. What is postmarked? I tried googling it but I don’t really understand that. Do I need to ask for that or does it automatically apply once it gets shipped out ?

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Yes, that's a good letter. Certified mail is perfect. Postmarked is the day it's received by the post office. Certified mail is only through a post office, and you are golden.

So many great options for you. I envy you right now, getting that chance to rescind and being open to other options. Fill out the newbie form and let's see what we can do to help. I personally like resorts that trade with II. A lot of people say buy where you want to stay, and that worked for us in purchasing our weeks on Maui. We own five weeks on Maui. That's a sad topic right now...

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
August 13, 2023

names & address

To: Bluegreen Resorts

ATTN: CORPORATE SALES AND ACCOUNTING DEPT.

4960 CONFERENCE WAY. N STE 100

BOCA RATON, FL

33431-3311

Subject: Notice of Rescission

Contract reference number:

Attention customer service,

This letter is to inform you that we want to exercise our right of rescission to cancel our timeshare contract immediately that was purchased on August 11 of 2023 at the Bluegreen Vacation Preview Center in Peoria, Arizona. contract reference number , in accordance with the laws of the state of Arizona. We want a full refund of the initial deposit amount of $4,000 that was paid with a Mastercard ending in # for and American Express card ending in # for . We also want a refund of $49 for the new owner orientation paid with Mastercard ending in #. We also do not authorize any future additional charges to our bank account or credit card.

Please confirm my legal rescission in writing. Please refund all monies paid and stop any automatic debit to my personal accounts.

Promotional materials to be returned under separate cover on request.

Sincerely,

names & signature

Is this good? I paid the deposit with two cards to get points. The mail place I usually go to doesn’t do certified mail so I’m going today and sending it out certified mail with return receipt. What is postmarked? I tried googling it but I don’t really understand that. Do I need to ask for that or does it automatically apply once it gets shipped out ?
"Postmarked" just means the date you mail it. The post office will date stamp it, that is the postmark. What you've written above looks perfect. Do it at an actual post office, and jsut telll them you want to mail it "certified, return receipt requested."

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
@Kristine83 Your letter looks fine. I would include a copy of the signature page of the contract for ID purposes. Be sure that all signers of the contract also sign the rescission letter.

Understand that they are under no obligation to notify you of the receipt of the lettewr or the progress or completion of the processing of the rescission. You might not hear from them until the refund(s) are posted to your credit card accounts and that can take up to 45 days. Yes, we know that the not knowing is stressful, but that's how it is.

You might get a call from the salesweasel to try to talk you out of it. I'd just let those calls go to voicemail. If you do get those, consider it reaffirmation that they got the letter and are processing the rescission.

Go celebrate!

Jim

Kristine83

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue green
O
"Postmarked" just means the date you mail it. The post office will date stamp it, that is the postmark. What you've written above looks perfect. Do it at an actual post office, and jsut telll them you want to mail it "certified, return receipt requested."
Thank you so much for clarifying this for me. I guess I’m so nervous and trying to make sure everything is right that I can’t understand anything lol.

Kristine83

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue green
Yes, that's a good letter. Certified mail is perfect. Postmarked is the day it's received by the post office. Certified mail is only through a post office, and you are golden.

So many great options for you. I envy you right now, getting that chance to rescind and being open to other options. Fill out the newbie form and let's see what we can do to help. I personally like resorts that trade with II. A lot of people say buy where you want to stay, and that worked for us in purchasing our weeks on Maui. We own five weeks on Maui. That's a sad topic right now...

It’s just so mind boggling that you can get a used timeshare for free or a low price vs going to the hotel directly and paying thousands. I wish I knew this before my husband and I signed the paperwork. Crazy how you’re having fun on a vacation and boom they got you. Everything appeals to you.

Kristine83

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue green
@Kristine83 Your letter looks fine. I would include a copy of the signature page of the contract for ID purposes. Be sure that all signers of the contract also sign the rescission letter.
Understand that they are under no obligation to notify you of the receipt of the lettewr or the progress or completion of the processing of the rescission. You might not hear from them until the refund(s) are posted to your credit card accounts and that can take up to 45 days. Yes, we know that the not knowing is stressful, but that's how it is.

You might get a call from the salesweasel to try to talk you out of it. I'd just let those calls go to voicemail. If you do get those, consider it reaffirmation that they got the letter and are processing the rescission.

Go celebrate!

Jim

Understand that they are under no obligation to notify you of the receipt of the lettewr or the progress or completion of the processin of the rescission. You might not hear from them until the refund(s) are posted to your credit card accounts and that can take up to 45 days. Yes, we know that the not knowing is stressful, but that's how it is.

Go celebrate!

Jim
okay I’ll include a signature page. Thank you so much! “Salesweasel” lol

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It’s just so mind boggling that you can get a used timeshare for free or a low price vs going to the hotel directly and paying thousands. I wish I knew this before my husband and I signed the paperwork. Crazy how you’re having fun on a vacation and boom they got you. Everything appeals to you.
I forget the exact stat but something like 80 percent of the cost of a new timeshare purchased from the developer goes to marketing costs. Those salespeople make HUGE commissions.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I hope you decide to buy a timeshare for 90-99% of developer price. There are some truly great ones out there, and my husband and I own several that are so incredibly valuable to us, but we paid very little to buy them. We paid $3,500 for a Marriott in Palm Desert that has great trading power in II. What would Marriott charge for that platinum season 2 bedroom lockoff? I have no idea, but I do know that it would be at least $50,000.

The number one TUG rule: Never finance a timeshare. Pay cash. If you cannot afford it, don't buy it. There are some free or nearly free timeshares that are great traders. Play the game for a while.

I like to trade, it's my thing, but only through Interval International. I am not an RCI fan, not any more. We own five weeks on Maui that we use every year and never trade, but just about everything else is game for trading. Sure, we stay in Palm Desert occasionally, but as a trader, I can pull Disney 2 bedrooms through II with my studio side of my Palm Desert weeks. Yes, we own 3 of those.