• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Nanea 3-Bed OF Abound value?

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Does anyone know the assigned Abound value for a Nanea 3-bed OF unit? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
All 3BR-Units are classified as Oceanfront.
This is what it costs to reserve [varies based on season] so most likely the Abound-Points assigned would be slightly lower.

1710492382091.png

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
Most Maui properties are assigned slightly more points than what it would take to reserve the lowest rated week (e.g. our WKORVN 2BR IV is allocated 6,200 when the lowest week costs 6,075). Using that same proration, the Nanea 3BR would be allocated ~11,400.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
Most Maui properties are assigned slightly more points than what it would take to reserve the lowest rated week (e.g. our WKORVN 2BR IV is allocated 6,200 when the lowest week costs 6,075). Using that same proration, the Nanea 3BR would be allocated ~11,400.

To be more precise, they are assigned about 6%-7% less than the average points per week in your deeded season.

In some places where the deeded seasons were "badly designed" (not Hawaii), this could create a situation where one could elect points and get ~10 days in their own season, even after that 6%-7% "skim".

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
The chances of reserving through Abound, probably minimal chance of getting a 3 bedroom.

We are going to the owner update on Monday. I am going to ask about the 3 bedrooms, actually, because our son is looking at a resale, and it's very expensive. Fees on those are crazy high, too.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
The chances of reserving through Abound, probably minimal chance of getting a 3 bedroom.

We are going to the owner update on Monday. I am going to ask about the 3 bedrooms, actually, because our son is looking at a resale, and it's very expensive. Fees on those are crazy high, too.
The 3bd OF units at Nanea are frequently available at the eight month mark for StarOptions.

The cost of reserving that particular unit using Abound points is absurd: a summer week requires 13000 Abound points which would cost $9,750, if rented @ $0.75/point. Obviously much higher if you own Abound points and are amortizing their purchase cost.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
To be more precise, they are assigned about 6%-7% less than the average points per week in your deeded season.

In some places where the deeded seasons were "badly designed" (not Hawaii), this could create a situation where one could elect points and get ~10 days in their own season, even after that 6%-7% "skim".
So it's not more precise then for Maui/Nanea then as there's only one deeded season ;)

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
In 2022 we traded in [3 x EOY WLR-PLAT+] + [2 x Aventuras-Flex-Packages] Total-Value-SO EY = 321700-SO for Nanea 257700-SO.
Received credit of ~$95K [for what we turned in] + ~$27K in incentives.
We paid an additional $25K in difference but were motivated to get rid of the Aventuras-Flex.

We were shown that a 3BR-Oceanfront accrues 257700-SO or 11570-DCP.

The package was structured as 2 x Contracts [95700-SO + 162000-SO] for a total of 257700-SO.
Each year we accrue [4050-DCP + 6855-DCP] for a total of 10905-DCP.
We opted for the Lower-DCP 665-LESS [11570-10905] in 2 x Packages [Resort-View] as it would have cost $30K more for Ocean-Front even though it accrued the same SO.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
We were shown that a 3BR-Oceanfront accrues 257700-SO or 11570-DCP.

Thanks. This is exactly what I was hoping to learn.

For context, I have a friend who owns one of these but knows nothing about Abound and is trying to find alternative uses for the unit.

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
Thanks. This is exactly what I was hoping to learn.

For context, I have a friend who owns one of these but knows nothing about Abound and is trying to find alternative uses for the unit.

On a positive note the MF is ~$5200 which is ~$0.50c/DCP

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
On a positive note the MF is ~$5200 which is ~$0.50c/DCP

Many people do not seem to take the cost per CP into account. Lots of good value with certain Vistana resorts (Maui, Kierland P+ and Lagunamar P+) in electing Abound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk