• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My Experience with an HGVC High Point Week

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Hi everyone,

My reason for writing this post is to show how advantageous owning a high point week is in HGVC.

For those who know me, I believe I am back to TUG for good. I am enjoying timesharing again.

For those who don't know me, I was an avid timeshare traveler for over 30 years. In the past, I traveled approximately 20 weeks a year. I owned that many timeshares and the majority of my travel was to Florida in the winter but I went to many other places too.

I have sold most of my timeshares, some to my TUG timeshare friends as well as giving some away.

My needs have changed as I am living in Florida now. I still love traveling in Florida especially the west coast.

I now own a HGVC week in Anderson for 13340 points that I purchase as a resale and an additional week that I share with my ex in Blue Ridge Village. Blue Ridge is a prime fixed week that I can trade for anything as it has very high trading power. We are waiting to see how HGV taking over Bluegreen will affect this resort before deciding whether to keep it.

The past 4 weeks I have been going on the HGVC site once a day to look for Florida resorts. I have booked 5 mini vacations from 3-4 days for a total of 18 days. I still have 3-4 days in points left from the 13440 points I get. I will get 3 weeks/21 days of vacation from my one week.

I booked Eagles Nest, Club Regency (beachfront) and Plantation at Indian River. I also saw Charter Club, Sunset Cove, Surf Club, PBC at South Seas and McAlpin. I saw others later in the year at resorts that are still closed.

Many of the weeks I saw or booked had full weeks available. I even got a prime New Years booking.

I actually thought it would be difficult to get good weeks as many of the south Florida properties are still closed but I was pleasantly surprised.

When I got my first HGVC week for trading I soon realized a lower point week was not the best value for me unless I was going to use the actual week. I did own a few that were lower points that I actually used and did not trade. I got these because I always believed and still do, get timeshares where you love to go.

So from my experience, for what that is worth, if you want to travel more than once a year, the higher point HGVC week is the way to go. I also am finding it is still not hard to get a good week within HGVC.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Welcome back! I'm shocked at how many short stays you were able to book on the Gulf Coast. We have 2 higher point deeds (Standard 2 bedroom platinum worth 11,200 each) and use it for 1 big and one small trip every year. We have yet to be locked out where and when we want to go.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I agree, one single high point week has advantages for taking multiple short stays, if you don't mind the booking fees and can travel off season weekdays.

I can usually get 3-4 days near me in Carlsbad easily, and it's a nice staycation an hours drive away, or even Vegas for a weekday trips.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Welcome back @Panina. It is so good to hear from you and that you are doing well. You have now converted from "buy where you want to go" to "buy a low cost/MF point generator".

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welcome back @Panina. It is so good to hear from you and that you are doing well. You have now converted from "buy where you want to go" to "buy a low cost/MF point generator".
I still believe for most it is best to buy where you love to go. I would not change anything I did in prior years.

Living in Florida it is like being at a resort. Florida timeshares on the West Coast is where I owned most of my weeks. I loved Florida so much I moved here. The West Coast of Florida was tempting to move to but I ended up in southeast Florida as that is where family was planning to move and they did. I was the first one here. Now my sister, mother, Aunt and cousins live here.

I no longer have the need or desire for week long Florida vacation thus the shift to low cost/mf point generator. My ex will probably take the Blue Ridge Village week so I am thinking about where I might get a timeshare week where I would love to go each year in addition to my mini vcations.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I still believe for most it is best to buy where you love to go. I would not change anything I did in prior years.
Good because I always value your opinions and input.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just let me add… I purchased my high point HGVC Anderson week years ago when I lived in the Carolinas. I loved going to Myrtle Beach so I purchased where I loved to go.

If I was getting it today I would purchase somewhere else as I hardly go to Myrtle Beach anymore. It ultimately became a great HGVC point week for me. At this time it doesn’t make sense to sell and buy another.