• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Koolina studio

heckp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA SDO MKO WKV
Would any tugger share a picture of how the studio room set up is. I have an exhange for July 24-31 for 2 studios. I was told kitchenette, what about kitchen table? I called the resort and they said all it has is a coffee table. What about laundry facilities? Thanks.

kedler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ko Olina 3 bdrom

Does anyone have a plan for the 3 bedroom at Ko Olina? The one online is only the 2 bedroom and I haven't found a 3 bedroom plan. Thanks!

pharmgirl

Reaction score
Would any tugger share a picture of how the studio room set up is. I have an exhange for July 24-31 for 2 studios. I was told kitchenette, what about kitchen table? I called the resort and they said all it has is a coffee table. What about laundry facilities? Thanks.

There is a small round table with 2 chairs for eating in room, also coffee table and a corner table by sofa

Laundry rooms [free] are on a number of floors in each building, just ask at check in

ginsun88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a plan for the 3 bedroom at Ko Olina? The one online is only the 2 bedroom and I haven't found a 3 bedroom plan. Thanks!

I asked the same question as you and a fellow TUGger gave me this picture.

Attachments

• KO 3BR.jpg
    KO 3BR.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 3,419

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
There are laundry facilities on either the odd or even floors. I can't remember which.

We were there in April and had 2 studio units. I found them to be very small and claustrophobic. It's funny how the rooms seem fine as a second bedroom but with the door closed, it was not comfortable. The rooms are much smaller than a standard hotel room. One of our rooms was handicap accessible and that one had only a partial kitchenette countertop. It was so small that the coffeemaker wouldn't fit on the counter with the microwave. The bathroom was also horrible - no counter space, only a pedestal sink.

We actually moved into a 2br after one night and I was very relieved!

Deb

golf4hrs

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko'Olina Beach Club
Marriott Phuket Beach Club

I hope this 3 bedroom floorplan helps with a slightly different orientation......Mahalo!

Attachments

• Marriott Ko Olina 3 bdrom floorplan.jpg
    Marriott Ko Olina 3 bdrom floorplan.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 2,209
Last edited:

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed in a 3 bedroom in the Nai'a tower and had the exact floorplan that ginsun88 posted.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I stayed in a 3 bedroom in the Nai'a tower and had the exact floorplan that ginsun88 posted.

Ginsun88's floorplan is exactly what we have now.

We are in Hale Naia on the 5th floor -- 30521/30523. Thanks!

Greg

javabean

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ko'Olina studio photo

2856119220103744184ztEssN_th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here is the Ko'Olina studio that was part of our two bedroom unit in the Moana Building, 11th floor, mountain view.

heckp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA SDO MKO WKV
Thank you everyone, that's why I run to tuggers for this reason,. Our first time in Hawaii. :cheer:
Javabean
, thanks a lot for your pictures.

SMB1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Vista, Lakeshore Reserve, OceanWatch(2), Marriott Destination Points, Club Wyndham Points (Ocean Boulevard)
I asked the same question as you and a fellow TUGger gave me this picture.

I'm in a KoOlina studio now and the first picture in this thread of the two bedroon is exactly how the room is set up. No kitchen table. Only the coffee table. It is very nice, but a little small. I think it is smaller than other resorts. Our balcony ends where the main balcony begins, which gives privacy to the master suite, so that is nice. However I don't recall that being the case when I've stayed in the 2br Lockout at other resorts. It cuts a few feet of space from the studio.

But we knew we were not in a master suite. I have no complaints at all. KoOlina is absolutely beautiful. We just arrived yesterday so I'm enjoying the threads about this resort and island I've read over the past couple of weeks...lots of information and ideas. Of course for the past several months we've been given advice from friends and family about what is here as well. No way we can do it all, but at least we have plenty to choose from.

sbeck22

Reaction score
I see online the 2 BR lock-off floorplan.

Where is a good spot to see the floorplan of the 2BR non-lockoff, which are mostly in Nai'a.
thanks

From marriott website. I never knew they had a BR #2 with 2 twins in it. Is that right?

Room Details – 2 Bedroom Villa, Bedroom 1: King, Bedroom 2: 2 Twin/Single Bed(s), Ocean view
Room Overview

Two Bedroom Villa, Ocean View

Beds and Bedding

Maximum Occupancy: 6
Bedroom 1: King
Bedroom 2: 2 Twin/Single Bed(s)
Rollaway beds permitted: 1
Cribs permitted: 1
Maximum cribs/rollaway beds permitted: 2
Duvet

Last edited:

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
There are laundry facilities on either the odd or even floors. I can't remember which.

We were there in April and had 2 studio units. I found them to be very small and claustrophobic. It's funny how the rooms seem fine as a second bedroom but with the door closed, it was not comfortable. The rooms are much smaller than a standard hotel room. One of our rooms was handicap accessible and that one had only a partial kitchenette countertop. It was so small that the coffeemaker wouldn't fit on the counter with the microwave. The bathroom was also horrible - no counter space, only a pedestal sink.

We actually moved into a 2br after one night and I was very relieved!

Deb

I am not sure how many people you were, but Mr. H & I were in a KoOlina studio for a week March 2010 and were not in the slightest bit claustrophobic. The KoOlina studio was about what we'd expect from a nice hotel room. Queen bed, large sofa, coffee table, bathroom, small kitchenette area totally fine for putting together toast & cereal breakfasts and sandwiches and beer when we didn't want to go out. Nice (small balcony) with two chairs. Totally adequate for 2 people and a lovely resort. I would not want to put 4 in a studio, but for 2 the studios are fine, IMO.

H

molemay

TUG Member
Reaction score
2 bedroom portion of a 3 bedroom unit.

Sbeck22,

It looks like you are talking about a 2 bedroom part of a 3 bedroom unit. There are 2 single beds in the 2nd bedroom.

Monika

sbeck22

Reaction score
Thanks, I just had not heard anything about, after reading this site for about a year, that in a 2 BR, one BR had 2 twins.

So I went to the Marriott site just looking to see what it says and I saw the entry I pasted in.

I have a 2BR OV coming up and am trying to decide on the lockout or non-lockoff. I guess that means what building to request. So if you have a 2BR and ask for Tower #3, can they give you the 2BR part of a 3BR that the studio is locked off on? Sorry if that is a newbie question. If that is the case, then we would have a 2BR and the 2nd BR would have 2 twins, that would be worse for us. A queen and a sofabed are perfect for our 3 small boys, all 8 and under.

molemay

TUG Member
Reaction score
How did you get this reservation? Was it an exchange? Points?

If you requested a 2 bedroom unit, and a 2 bedroom portion of a 3 bedroom unit becomes available I would think that they could give you that. If you are able to request a lockoff or non-lockoff unit, I would chose the lockoff unit because you won't get the 2nd bedroom with the twins that way.

Monika

kedler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ko Olina 3 bdrom

Ginsun88's floorplan is exactly what we have now.

We are in Hale Naia on the 5th floor -- 30521/30523. Thanks!

Greg

Thanks for the information Greg - how is the view?

sbeck22

Reaction score
How did you get this reservation? Was it an exchange? Points?

If you requested a 2 bedroom unit, and a 2 bedroom portion of a 3 bedroom unit becomes available I would think that they could give you that. If you are able to request a lockoff or non-lockoff unit, I would chose the lockoff unit because you won't get the 2nd bedroom with the twins that way.

Monika

We rented from an owner. I just thought I could request a building. If it Moana, that would be lockoff and if we asked for Nai'a I assumed it would be a non-lockoff.
So since I don't want the 2 twins, I don't seem to want 2BR of the 3BR config.

sbeck22

Reaction score
Your Resort: Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Check-in: Saturday, February 25, 2012 (04:00 PM)
Check-out: Saturday, March 3, 2012 (10:00 AM)
Room type: 2 Bedroom Villa, Bedroom 1: King, Bedroom 2: Queen, Sofabeds: 2, Ocean view
Guests per room: 2
Guest name: XXXX TRUST
Reservation confirmed: Friday, March 25, 2011 (13:33:00 GMT)
Guarantee method: Other Guarantee
Special request(s): •60 Day Cancel Policy, Request Noted •High Floor Room, Request Noted
Summary of Room Charges Cost per night per room (USD)
Saturday, February 25, 2012 - Saturday, March 3, 2012 ( 7 nights )
PLATINUM OCEAN VIEW
Additional fees may apply. Plus tax when applicable.
On-site parking, fee: 30 USD daily
Valet parking, fee: 30 USD daily
Changes in taxes or fees implemented after booking will affect the total room price.

I didn't include the confirmation #. This is straight from Marriott.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Thanks for the information Greg - how is the view?

Kedler,

My apologies for the delay, I just saw this -- the view was good, but not great. 5th floor is really the 4th floor from the ground up (first floor only goes out to the parking lot -- no rooms on it).

So...the 5th floor is right in line with palm trees, so the view was modestly obstructed. However, we had an excellent view of the pool and could see the Lagoon nicely. Candidly, the 5th floor is likely the most impacted of any floor because of the palm trees, so I think any of the 3BRs in Hale Naia will have an acceptable (to outstanding) view.

Good luck, I know you'll enjoy it!

Best,

Greg