• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Late July in Vegas - last call / under 10K points availability in the past

DennisAM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VV Grandview Vegas
Good morning TS owners!

My wife and I are super excited to head to Vegas for the first time for the week starting July 19 --- I've heard it's crazy hot that time of year, however my wife is a Teacher so not as flexible when it comes to timing..
My question - it looks like July / Aug is considered off-season and supply is usually decent - Does anyone have any experience / success in waiting until that 45 day out range to book a last call / under 10K points vacation?
We currently own at EOY at Grandview that gives us 49K points so I'm looking to make the most of them (we just bought the TS last year and haven't booked a trip yet!)
After watching some reveiws online, we both liked the looks of the HIVC at desert club, and wife also likes the look of the Elara although it looks like supply is a little tight with that one.
We went from wanting to be off the strip to being a little closer but also having a somewhat quiet and relaxing place for the evenings.

Any ideas are appreciated!

DRH90277

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Ocean Watch, Newport Coast, Grand Chateau, Custom House, Timber Lodge, VCP's.
Look at Marriott's Grand Chateau. Check it out for private rental and for points exchange if you have Marriott.

Last edited:

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good morning TS owners!

My wife and I are super excited to head to Vegas for the first time for the week starting July 19 --- I've heard it's crazy hot that time of year, however my wife is a Teacher so not as flexible when it comes to timing..
My question - it looks like July / Aug is considered off-season and supply is usually decent - Does anyone have any experience / success in waiting until that 45 day out range to book a last call / under 10K points vacation?
We currently own at EOY at Grandview that gives us 49K points so I'm looking to make the most of them (we just bought the TS last year and haven't booked a trip yet!)
After watching some reveiws online, we both liked the looks of the HIVC at desert club, and wife also likes the look of the Elara although it looks like supply is a little tight with that one.
We went from wanting to be off the strip to being a little closer but also having a somewhat quiet and relaxing place for the evenings.

Any ideas are appreciated!
We own at the Marriott Grand Chateau. I don't know anything about the HIVC at DC, but can tell you the Elara is well located just behind the strip, across the street from the Marriott, attached to the Miracle Mile Mall and Planet Hollywood. We always walk by and can see the Elara pool and it look very nice.

Soccer Canada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Glacier Canyon Points
Hyatt Vacation Club (Pending Transfer)
The Wyndham Grand Desert is also nice, block from the strip across from the F1 paddock. Decent pools. Walkable to Planet Hollywood or a cheap uber.

Mowogo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas; HGVC on Paradise; Bay Club at Waikoloa; Vacation Village Williamsburg; Sheraton Flex
Desert Club really is just nice apartments with a pool complex for each pod of buildings. Not super fancy, but good solid lodging. Wyndham Grand Desert is also a great resort, with the advantage of being a block away from off strip options. Most HGVCs get you on the resort fee, but Trump is no extra fees even when booking through RCI. Elara almost never has availability because it is the preferred HGVC property for members. If you can deal with pool noise, Flamingo HGVC is a good option since it is recently renovated.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good morning TS owners!

No need to wait until the 45-day mark. There is a June 21-28 week in a 1 bedroom at Wyndham Grand Desert available for $485 cash (no exchange fee) using Extra Vacations, or the following week for $502, plus many other choices there or at other LV resorts.

DennisAM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VV Grandview Vegas
No need to wait until the 45-day mark. There is a June 21-28 week in a 1 bedroom at Wyndham Grand Desert available for $485 cash (no exchange fee) using Extra Vacations, or the following week for $502, plus many other choices there or at other LV resorts.
Thanks for the info! I was thinking about using my points, but hoping to wait it out and only have to use like 7500pts in the "under 10K" search. They typically seem to be 45 days and under check-in