• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just buy a new Timeshare and looking for help?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
....... The fact that you are now doing the research on a multi thousand dollar purchase ....
.. proves that you don't exactly know what you bought ......

That line says it all -
ie -[ rescind NOW / then do your research ]

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
kudos to the tugger who suggested this be a sticky post! the article has been around for years but the more eyes on it the better!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
kudos to the tugger who suggested this be a sticky post! the article has been around for years but the more eyes on it the better!
It’s amazing how many long time owners still don’t even know what they own or how to use it. I created a Facebook group for Marriott and vistana owners, I polled to see how many are members of tug and added an option of “what is TUG” in the poll. 20% of those polled are members of TUG, the rest are not members or have no idea what TUG Is.

I’ve been sending people to sign up here left and right today to learn as much as they can.

Bootsie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
in escrow for Mariott Newport Coast + MVC
It’s amazing how many long time owners still don’t even know what they own or how to use it. I created a Facebook group for Marriott and vistana owners, I polled to see how many are members of tug and added an option of “what is TUG” in the poll. 20% of those polled are members of TUG, the rest are not members or have no idea what TUG Is.

I’ve been sending people to sign up here left and right today to learn as much as they can.

Hello, what is the name of your FB group? Thank you.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Excellent article IMHO and it did not cost one dollar to read.

eileenie7

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased a timeshare resale thru Timeshare Broker Services, based in Orlando?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations
Well, after a painful few years, we have this Hilton timeshare in Orlando and no idea what we got into. Several thousands of dollars later I wish I knew what to do. I just want to get some money back or get out but don’t want to lose all this money. Help!! I don’t really even know what we bought or what to do either. Feeling like an idiot…

WManning

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased a timeshare resale thru Timeshare Broker Services, based in Orlando?
They are a preferred resale broker for Wyndham.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Well, after a painful few years, we have this Hilton timeshare in Orlando and no idea what we got into. Several thousands of dollars later I wish I knew what to do. I just want to get some money back or get out but don’t want to lose all this money. Help!! I don’t really even know what we bought or what to do either. Feeling like an idiot…

Welcome to TUG - Timeshare Users Group

My suggestion is learn how to use what you paid for & own, and then enjoy the vacations.
There is a forum on TUG.dedicated to Hilton TS users.

If you bought a $ 20,000 car with a stick shift , and had no idea how to operate a clutch - would you give the car away for nothing or would you learn how to use it ?

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
No reason to feel badly. You should know that very few timeshares have positive financial value. Their value is in their use and the memories using them create.
So introduce yourselves in the HDVC Forum, and get to using what you own. The points you own automatically carry over for one year after their 'use year', so get out whatever paperwork you have and find out what date of the year that annual usage starts. You might have some older points that aged out and that's water under the bridge, but you have at least 2 darn nice vacations in a well respected system to get to using. Covid is winding down and the resorts are clean and safe.

Don't feel 'like an idiot'. We all started sometime, and the bunch around here are pretty helpful and friendly. We don't allow any flaming, so ask what questions you have and WELCOME TO TUG!

Jim

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
As others have suggested, you can probably learn a lot by reading and asking questions on the HGVC forum, which is HERE. I can vouch for how helpful people are on TUG!

vaycayqueen

Reaction score
Hi! I'm new as well and feel like @papaandmamajane. Excited to learn how to make the most of this. Any groups for The Vacation Village at Parkway in Orlando, FL? Need help navigating through the RCI and "point system,"

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm new as well and feel like @papaandmamajane. Excited to learn how to make the most of this. Any groups for The Vacation Village at Parkway in Orlando, FL? Need help navigating through the RCI and "point system,"
There is not a dedicated forum for the Vacation Village group, but lots of info on RCI and their Point system. How long ago did you buy? If within the last week, you can rescind, and then buy a resale. Same benefits, but far less cost. All timeshares are 'used', so there is no difference except cost acquiring a resale.

If you bought longer ago and just want pointers, read the 'Newbie' forums. If you are planning on doing a lot of exchanging through RCI, consider paying the $15 to join nTUG as members so you see the site without ads, and have access to reviews of thousands of resorts worldwide. Know that if your ownership is in RCI points, it's an either/or deal. Either you use a week at your resort, or use the points with either the internal exchange or through RCI. There is a cost to these exchanges- your annual maintenance fee, plus a roughly $300 each exchange fee top go somewhere else. There are also 'Last Call' and Extra Vacations on RCI site.

Welcome to TUG!

Jim

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score

macmanrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Costa Sur PV Mexico

Looking on Facebook for a GPR group if anyone one no's of one i would appreciate info

john k

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate
I'm live in Missouri so five day law

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just went to Westgate. Gave them 179 the guy who sold me gave me 130 10000 dollars two bedroom ever other year. Need help how to get out of it.on my third day any help?
John, Wastegate (as they are known here) won't make it easy. If you can't find the instructions in your packet, just write out a letter- even by hand is OK. Just state clearly that you wish to cancel the sale #____________ bought 6/XX/2023 at ____________(place).
Signed_____________(husband) ______________(wife)
Promotional materials to be returned under separate cover.

No need to notarize. You don't need a reason.
Include a copy of the signature page for ID purposes.
Send it USPS Certified w/return Receipt (so you know it's been delivered)
To:
Westgate Resorts
2801 Old Winter Garden Rd,
Ocoee, FL 34761

Write 'Rescission' on the outside of the envelope.

Send their junk back by the cheapest means.

DO IT TODAY!

Welcome to TUG!

Jim

john k

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate
Jim the sale number will it be the member number?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jim the sale number will it be the member number?
John, I've never seen a Wastegate contract, but that would be my best guess. all you're trying to do is identify the right sale for some clerk to process the rescission. They are obligated by law to do this, but our experience is that Wastegate doesn't make it easy.
After you get the letter in the mail, don't answer the phone from any Florida or unknown number. They have been known to call to sweeten the deal or try to talk you out of rescinding.

They are under no obligation to inform you of receipt of the letter or progress of the rescission, just know that they are obligated to process it. It can take up to 45 days to see your refund on your credit card statement.

Jim