• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is it possible to sell my contract back to Diamond/HGV?

idiottsguy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts U. S. Collection
Wondering if I can sell my contract back to Diamond. Probably wouldn't make much sense for them to do that but is it possible?

Some details about my contract:
  • Diamond Resorts US Collection Getaway Odd
  • Silver members until 2024
  • MF are roughly 1400 per year
  • 7500 points each year for 10 years
  • 7500 bonus points

If I can't sell then I will look to apply for transition. Everything is paid in full.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
This probably needs to be moved to the Diamond/HVC forum since they can answer it better, @GT75

When did you buy it?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
sell it back? no

surrender it back for a fee? yes! (assuming you bought retail) link in the sticky at the top of the forum with contact info!

lanellb

Reaction score
sell it back? no

surrender it back for a fee? yes! (assuming you bought retail) link in the sticky at the top of the forum with contact info!
I'm reading all the scary details of owning one of these and waited too long to rescind. A month to be exact. Sigh. What's your best honest advice if I'm trying to get out of this now.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
TO The OP, the timeshare must be paid in full and your MF fees and Club dues must be paid in full for 2024. Good Luck.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I'm reading all the scary details of owning one of these and waited too long to rescind. A month to be exact. Sigh. What's your best honest advice if I'm trying to get out of this now.
Sorry to break the news but If you owe money on it then your only real option is to default. If you don’t owe money on it you could potentially give it away. Not sure what you own but unless you spent at least $50K retail it likely has no resale value. Even if you have a prime timeshare ownership it is only going to be worth 15% or less what you paid retail.

If you don’t owe money on it why not learn to use it and take some vacations?

A word of caution, there are many exit companies advertising/promising to get you out of your contract. They charge many thousands of dollars upfront. These are going to be a scam at worst, a waste of money at best.