• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II Make exchange or request, get up to $200 off getaway promo

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Does anyone know how to apply the $200 discount after exchanging? I just exchanged my sheraton week and selected the offer, but I don't see where to redeem the $200. It isn't in the options when I try to complete a random Getaway booking.

A.Win

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was told that it will take 2 or 3 days to automatically be added to your account.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Make sure it stays. I had an issue with a $50 discount a while back. It seemed to be added automatically as I could see the discount on a getaway right after confirming the excvhnage, but when we actually went to make the getaway booking there was no option to add the discount. I contacted Mark and they said the getaway had to be booked right away. I provided him the screen shot I posted here (it was part of the Daily Deals) and they gave the discount but I had to book it over the phone. The terms and conditions were clear but their system wasn't setup to handle it.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We were able to do this with a Marriott to Marriott $0 exchange in our Abound II account. The discount showed up within a few minutes on the payment page for a getaway booking. We didn't see it the first time through, but it was there the second time.

Hindsite

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did a request and got the option to have the 50% max $200 offer, and have ben able to see it available until today.
I was surprised to get the deal just by making a request and not actually exchanging, but can't see where in the T&C it says that I had to be successful with the exchange request for it to activate, or why the option has disappeared in the last day.
Can anyone help clarify?

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
When is the last day for this promotion?

Hindsite

TUG Member
Reaction score
When is the last day for this promotion?
From my reading of the Terms and conditions in the first post, you had to do the transaction by 10 Dec. I made the request on 8 Dec and could see the offer in my account when I went to check out a getaway after that.
In the last couple of days there has been a flag by getaways saying eligible for the $200/50% offer, but today it is gone. I didn't double check in the last couple of days that the button was still there at check-out.
I haven't cancelled or modified the request since I set it up on 8th Dec.

Almond123

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fanta Sea Resorts, Flagship Atlantic City;
The Bay Club at Waikoloa, HGVC;
Ka'anapali Beach Resort, DRI;
I got this promotion also and the flag by my getaways said 50 dollars off which was a recent promotion which is now over. I can go into any getaway and at the payment screen it says 200 off still for me.

You have to go thru until you get to the payment screen to see the 200 off. The recent 50 dollar off promotion would have been on top of the 200 off as far as I understood it. Good luck.

Hindsite

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, it seems TUG fixed it as usual, both the flag against inventory and the button at check-out are now back. :cheer: