• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Kaanapali 1BR Ocean View

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just arrived at the Hyatt in Maui yesterday for our first visit here. Obviously, we love it, it’s first class in every way and the view from our 10th floor 2BR is perfect. We really don’t need a 2BR can anyone tell me what the 1BR ocean view Units are like, and how high you have to be to have a good ocean view?

jtp1947

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Marriott, Boston Custom House
We just returned from Hyatt Vacation Club on Kaanapali. We were in a one bedroom ocean view on the 6th floor. The room was on the end cap closest to the Hyatt Regency Hotel. I think the one bedroom ocean view units are on the end cap of the building. Last year we were in a 2 bedroom and the unit was in the middle of the complex with a 180 degree ocean view. The one bedroom unit had a nice enough ocean view but just not a complete 180 degrees due to being partially blocked by the Hyatt Regency.

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed in a one bed unit, also close to the Hyatt Regency, fourth floor. We were happy with it. Looking forward to a two bed unit next year. :)

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed in a one bed unit, also close to the Hyatt Regency, fourth floor. We were happy with it. Looking forward to a two bed unit next year. :)
The 2BR is the lap of luxury!! we toured a one bedroom oceanfront yesterday, and it would also be really great if you are in the upper band. Oceanfront is key, in my opinion.

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can some owner tell me the annual costs of a one bedroom, meaning, maintenance fees, and real property taxes?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC Portfolio
Can some owner tell me the annual costs of a one bedroom, meaning, maintenance fees, and real property taxes?
I'm not an owner, but when they tried to sign me up for an update (sales preso) I did read in the fine print that they started at 40K and could go up to 200K. No idea if those numbers are real or made up like the rack rate on the back of your hotel door.

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not an owner, but when they tried to sign me up for an update (sales preso) I did read in the fine print that they started at 40K and could go up to 200K. No idea if those numbers are real or made up like the rack rate on the back of your hotel door.
I’m asking about annual costs not purchase prices

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking at Redweek resales it shows 1BR MF at around $2569
Thanks, I saw that, but it seemed like there were all kinds of different maintenance fees listed, so I was not sure which is correct.

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I saw that, but it seemed like there were all kinds of different maintenance fees listed, so I was not sure which is correct.
The higher ones tend to be the current maintenance fees, the lower ones tend to have been current when the property was listed >1yr ago.

Kpaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just arrived at the Hyatt in Maui yesterday for our first visit here. Obviously, we love it, it’s first class in every way and the view from our 10th floor 2BR is perfect. We really don’t need a 2BR can anyone tell me what the 1BR ocean view Units are like, and how high you have to be to have a good ocean view?
I just paid my annual dues this week. They are $2,868 for the one bedroom units. We just returned a week ago and stayed on the 7th floor in a one bedroom.
It was perfect! So perfect that my wife wants to purchase another one bedroom. There are only 9 ocean view one bedroom units. You do not want the mountain view one bedroom units unless you like being above the valet parking/lobby and don't want to see the ocean. Lol.
We purchased our unit an annual floors 5-9 and requested specific floors (either 7 or 8). We love the 2-bedroom units but half the time we can't find someone to make the trip. I believe the 2-bedroom units maintenance fees are right around $4,000 a year. I don't think that you can go wrong with an upper floor "ocean view" one bedroom purchased off the resale market. We paid $38K for a fixed week in January from Redweek last year.
The pictures are from our lanai at the Hyatt last week.
20240120_180000_resized.jpg
20240122_184730_resized.jpg