• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC's Deed Back Process

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
I suspect they take back as few as possible.

Springmills

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Ocean 22
I inquired about doing this for my timeshare at HGVC's Ocean 22 property in Myrtle Beach, SC, and they sent me a letter dated January 16, 2024 saying they would take back my property as long as the balance was paid off, and issue me a warranty deed. They stated the offer was good for 15 days from the date of the letter. Since we had just paid the annual maintenance fee and had a significant amount of points, I called and asked if the offer could be extended to some time toward the end of the year. The agent said they could not be sure they would make an offer then. In any event, I did not take the offer since I would like to get some advantage of what I've paid for 2024.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I inquired about doing this for my timeshare at HGVC's Ocean 22 property in Myrtle Beach, SC, and they sent me a letter dated January 16, 2024 saying they would take back my property as long as the balance was paid off, and issue me a warranty deed. They stated the offer was good for 15 days from the date of the letter. Since we had just paid the annual maintenance fee and had a significant amount of points, I called and asked if the offer could be extended to some time toward the end of the year. The agent said they could not be sure they would make an offer then. In any event, I did not take the offer since I would like to get some advantage of what I've paid for 2024.
Strand tends to take all SC properties since they are the developers so then taking O22 doesn't surprise me

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
You would have no problem getting rid of that deed. Strand Capitol (who owns the ROFR on the SC deeds) is very aggressive on buying back those deeds. If it's a good enough deed to sell, put a low price on it and someone will take a chance on it. It will likely be bought back with ROFR. Either way you will get the sales price from it. If it's a lower deed, give it away here on Tug. Either someone will have a new deed or they will exercise ROFR on the deed. Use the points on your deed and then get rid of it.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Thanks for the update. :)

I agree with Dayooper. If you can sell it without any additional cost to you (buyer paying all closing cost and reimbursement of MF) that would be the preferred method ;).
Strand has been using their Right of First Refusal (ROFR) but you'll get the sale regardless of the outcome.

Attachments

• 1706914771478.png
    1706914771478.png
    282.6 KB · Views: 29

JD727272

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Craigendarroch
Contact Andrew at Craig Lodges to see if they can sell it for you, https://www.craigendarroch.com/sales/
We have had it up for sale for yonks but nothing we r happy to just hand back. I have contacted Hilton at the address mentioned in this feed regarding deed hand back on 10/1 but no response as yet! I have emailed Andrew to see if he can help. Disappointed thus far to get no response.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We have had it up for sale for yonks but nothing we r happy to just hand back. I have contacted Hilton at the address mentioned in this feed regarding deed hand back on 10/1 but no response as yet! I have emailed Andrew to see if he can help. Disappointed thus far to get no response.
Try again. He is responsive when buying from him but I have not tried to sell. However, many of the weeks that we have bought there came from other owners.

JD727272

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Craigendarroch
Try again. He is responsive when buying from him but I have not tried to sell. However, many of the weeks that we have bought there came from other owners.
Thank you

DogLover1234

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacation Las Palmeras
As of 12/28/2023
  • The contact email for HGVC deed back is pfoliosvc@hgvc.com.
  • No additional fees as of 12/28/2023
  • May take 90-120 days to process the deed back.
HOA VOLUNTARY SURRENDER
PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Other terms and conditions to the Voluntary Surrender Agreement (“Agreement”):
1. Property Maintenance and Expenses (Homeowner’s Association Assessments).
If all the terms and conditions of this Agreement are met, you will be released from all remaining property maintenance and expenses (“HOA Fees”) associated with your vacation ownership interest upon the successful conveyance of your vacation ownership interest back to us.
2. Satisfaction and Release of Liability (HOA Liens).
If all the terms and conditions of this Agreement are met and, upon conveyance of your vacation ownership interest to us by Warranty Deed (or the equivalent in the state where your vacation ownership interest is located), we will release any liens held by Hilton encumbering the vacation ownership interest. Upon recording the required lien release(s), as any Homeowner’s Association lien(s) for delinquent assessments (if applicable) will be satisfied, which will result in Hilton (and/or its affiliates) foregoing all rights to pursue a deficiency judgment.
3. Foreclosure Sale Suspension – only applicable to owners already in foreclosure.
We will suspend any foreclosure sale date until the conveyance of your Property has been completed, provided you return a validly executed and recordable deed and continue to abide by the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If any of the terms and conditions of this agreement are not met within 45 days as of the date of this agreement, we may initiate or continue the foreclosure process as permitted by the mortgage documents, recorded liens and/or governing association documents.
4. Termination of This Agreement.
We may terminate this Agreement at any time if:
a. Your financial situation improves significantly, you qualify for loan modification, you bring the account current or you pay off the obligations associated with the account (mortgage, association assessments, and/or other fees) in full.
b. You fail to act in good faith with the Agreement.
c. A significant change occurs to the property condition or value.
d. There is evidence of fraud or misrepresentation.
e. You file for bankruptcy and the Bankruptcy Court declines to approve the agreement.
f. Litigation is initiated or threatened that could affect title to the property or interfere with a valid conveyance.
5. Settlement of a Debt.
The proposed transaction represents our attempt to reach a settlement of your account, which may be associated with delinquent obligations (such as a delinquent mortgage or Homeowner’s Association assessments). You are choosing to enter into this Agreement even though there is no guarantee that the transaction will be successful. In the event this transaction is unsuccessful, we may exercise our remedies under the mortgage or governing association documents, including foreclosure. In consideration for Hilton’s willingness to accept the return of the Vacation Ownership Interest (VOI), you agree to release Hilton from and against any and all present or future claims and/or disputes that you may assert or may have asserted against Hilton of any nature whatsoever, known or unknown and immediately withdraw any such complaints made against the Indemnified Parties with any local, state, or federal agency, and cancel any credit card dispute or investigations it may have opened in connection with the Contract.
6. Credit Reporting Considerations
We cannot provide opinions or assumptions as to the impact to the borrower’s credit score, nor do we have control over, or responsibility for, the impact on the borrower’s credit score.
7. Membership Benefits.
Benefits associated with the above contract and HGVClub Membership shall automatically terminate once you no longer own a vacation ownership interest at an affiliated resort. Once HGVClub Membership is terminated, benefits and privileges of HGVClub Membership automatically and immediately cease. For instance, any unused Bonus Points or any Hilton Honors privileges granted solely in connection with HGVClub Membership shall automatically expire. Furthermore, reservations are subject to cancellation upon termination of the HGVClub Membership.
8. No Refund.
Owner understands and agrees that no refund of any amounts paid by the owner in connection with the VOI will be due or payable to Owner or any third party. Additionally, any chargeback attempts on credit card or debit card payment(s) previously made in connection with the VOI may be deemed as a failure to act in good faith by the owner and result in termination of this agreement.
We used the email that @funnywoman posted here and are being allowed to deed back our timeshare. We are extremely relieved. Having said that, we have somewhat of an unusual situation and they were very sympathetic to our ask. Now all we have to do is wait for paperwork and we are done. A big thank-you is due to this forum since otherwise we might still be stuck with a timeshare we can't use.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Tuscany Village, Orlando
Call HGVC portfolio services at 833-214-1016 M-F 8am-4pm ET. Have your contract number ready and tell them you never heard from them. I had emailed them on 1/7/24, got a letter dated 1/18 saying they anticipated being able to respond to me within 30 business days. About that time, I called that number and found out that they HAD emailed me on 1/30/24, but I hadn't gotten it and it wasn't in my junk. They re-dated the offer (it's only good for 15 days) and re-sent.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Another data point- HGVC has agreed to take our deed back. Here's pertinent info:

Tuscany Village Orlando, FL
Gold
3BR
9280 points yearly

JD727272

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Craigendarroch
Call HGVC portfolio services at 833-214-1016 M-F 8am-4pm ET. Have your contract number ready and tell them you never heard from them. I had emailed them on 1/7/24, got a letter dated 1/18 saying they anticipated being able to respond to me within 30 business days. About that time, I called that number and found out that they HAD emailed me on 1/30/24, but I hadn't gotten it and it wasn't in my junk. They re-dated the offer (it's only good for 15 days) and re-sent.
Thank you it was 13th
Thanks it was 13 January and not heard a thing. I will have to phone craigendarroch and get my contract number as I don’t have ie. I will call next week fingers crossed.

JD727272

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Craigendarroch
Thank you it was 13th

Thanks it was 13 January and not heard a thing. I will have to phone craigendarroch and get my contract number as I don’t have ie. I will call next week fingers crossed.
Meant o ask did they email the letter and if so which email address was it from? I could then search my inbox and see if I’ve had anything.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Meant o ask did they email the letter and if so which email address was it from? I could then search my inbox and see if I’ve had anything.
The first letter was mailed, stating they would review it in the next 30 days. The next one, telling me they'd take it back was an email.

JD727272

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Craigendarroch
The first letter was mailed, stating they would review it in the next 30 days. The next one, telling me they'd take it back was an email.

Thanks im trying to call them today - line seems to be constantly busy.

JD727272

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Craigendarroch
Taken longer than a week to get back to me.
I signed the Voluntary Surrender document in December, but have heard nothing back, tried chasing them regularly throughout January which have had some responses but none that the answer the question.

Any idea on best e-mail address to use to get.a response?
I filled their online contact form again yesterday.
Did you hear anything back - is your timeshare in Scotland? Wondering is anyone has has success in UK. Thanks

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations
Sorry for being naive. We have an outstanding loan. Any shot of this working for us? We are just planning to not pay and have it foreclosed at the moment.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
no sadly, surrender programs like this will require your loan balance to be paid off.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Sorry for being naive. We have an outstanding loan. Any shot of this working for us? We are just planning to not pay and have it foreclosed at the moment.
If it's a true financial hardship, it doesn't hurt to contact them. Please share the outcome.
They may send a hardship document (not a surrender document based on an earlier poster who didn't bother to share details).
Screenshot 2024-02-21 6.45.11 AM.png

Snezz1e

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update on my deed back process so far.

My deeds were:
ContractPropertyRoom TypeSeasonPoints
35-38123ElaraStudioGold2560
35-38131Elara Even1 BedroomGold5440
35-38132ElaraStudioPlatinum3520
35-38181ElaraStudioPlatinum/New Year3520
34-25214Flamingo1 BedroomGold5440
34-25215Flamingo1 BedroomGold5440
37-29681Paradise1 BedroomGold5440

Timeline:
12/4/24: Emailed pfoliosvc@hgvc.com
12/11/24: Received surrender agreement in first post to sign which I returned same day.
12/12/24: Received warranty deeds to notarize/sign.
12/15/24: Signed warranty deeds delivered.
1/8/24: One of Flamingo deed recorded.
2/5/24: Another Flamingo deed recorded.
2/20/24: Four Elara deeds recorded.
2/21/24: Paradise deed recorded.
2/23/24: One of Flamingo deed removed from account.

Initially I thought the two Flamingo deeds recorded were related to my trade in transaction until I looked up the parcel numbers. Can't see content of Las Vegas deeds without paying. What's weird is the value reported for each transaction. Have one Flamingo deed at $24k and another at a bit over $1k. All four Elara's are under $1k each.

All seven deeds still show up under my ownership with MFs still due. Wondering if they are waiting for all deeds to be recorded before doing anything or they are just slow about making the changes to my account.

It seems HGVC is really slow about recording deeds. Just for some perspective I signed a trade in deal to trade in 2 LV and 2 NYC deeds for a LV and Hawaii deed on 12/1/24. So far they have only recorded the 2 LV trades. Still waiting on 2 NYC trade and my new LV/Hawaii deeds to record. They did update my new ownership and removed trades on my account around mid December.

I'll probably follow up on Friday to ask them to remove the recorded deeds from my ownership list. The MF are overdue beyond the 45 day grace period. They said I don't have to pay them but I do wonder if that is properly communicated/reflected on my account. I'm using my points for a friend for a stay starting 3/2 and I heard being behind on MFs can cause reservations to be cancelled and don't want that to happen.

Last edited:

JD727272

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Craigendarroch
Thought I'd post an update on my progress I phoned the telephone number mentioned by @Greeneyedscorpio the lady was very helpful, I explained i had a lodge week at Craigendarroch Scotland - she said I would need to speak to the club people. She put me through to them. They said that I cannot hand my deed back I have to sell it as Its like owning a house you cant just hand it back. Im not sure if i am being fobbed off. To be clear we own the week we have outright - its a gold week all we pay is the annual maintenance fees. Its has been up for sale for £600 for quite a few years. Andrew at Craigendarroch is reluctant for us to drop the price (would of thought it would be up to us really). TBH I'd let it go for nothing. Any advice much appreciated.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thought I'd post an update on my progress I phoned the telephone number mentioned by @Greeneyedscorpio the lady was very helpful, I explained i had a lodge week at Craigendarroch Scotland - she said I would need to speak to the club people. She put me through to them. They said that I cannot hand my deed back I have to sell it as Its like owning a house you cant just hand it back. Im not sure if i am being fobbed off. To be clear we own the week we have outright - its a gold week all we pay is the annual maintenance fees. Its has been up for sale for £600 for quite a few years. Andrew at Craigendarroch is reluctant for us to drop the price (would of thought it would be up to us really). TBH I'd let it go for nothing. Any advice much appreciated.
You could post it on the HGVC resale FB group. Also, in the purchase agreement, it states that if the MFs aren't paid within 6 months of the due date, they can take it and sell it. Something to think about.

JD727272

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Craigendarroch
You could post it on the HGVC resale FB group. Also, in the purchase agreement, it states that if the MFs aren't paid within 6 months of the due date, they can take it and sell it. Something to think about.
Oh Thanks, thats interesting I was under the impression that if i didn't pay the maintenance fee they would have the debt collectors after me - where can i get a copy of the purchase agreement?

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oh Thanks, thats interesting I was under the impression that if i didn't pay the maintenance fee they would have the debt collectors after me - where can i get a copy of the purchase agreement?
You should have a copy when you bought it. You would have signed it and then the sellers. It is on page 11 of my purchase agreements. I am not sure non-payment in Scotland would lead to debt collectors in the US but I have not tried that and I am not sure how it would impact other weeks that you own. I would think that it would just impact this holiday certificate.

1708545931435.png