• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Great food at St Petersburg?

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
It has been several years since I've worked in St Pete, but I will be there for a couple of weeks in November. Any suggestions on not to be missed lunch food? I always liked Leverocks, but I understand they have gone under.

JLB --- it goes without saying that I'll hit a Shells while I'm down there a couple of times.

Any special events going on the first two weeks in November?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Sheila

Jim Bryan

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
St Pete to Eat

Sheila,

I live in the other side of Pinellas county, so I don't often eat in St. Pete, but I'll try to give you a little help. It also depends where you are staying and whether you have a car.

Downtown St. Pete:
There are many restaurants on Central Avenue. I've only eaten at a couple and not anything I would recommend, so I'd suggest just walking along and seeing who has what you want and who is busy or not.

The BayWalk is a shopping, eating, movie complex a block from Central Avenue. There are many resturants in it. My only warning is that sometimes on weekend evenings there are groups of kids there. I think they patrol it pretty much. Daytime and early evening should be fine and probably during the week.

The Pier: There is Columbias, local Spanish chain, and ChaCha Coconuts, plus maybe others. I have eaten at ChaChas. It is on top of the pier and has nice views.

Tyrone Square Mall Area:

There are many chain restaurants around the mall, both local and national. I think they have added a couple of restaurnts inside the mall. We like Sam Seltzers. It is a local chain specializing in steak and seafood. They always have a couple of specials which is a good bargain. Sometimes the entree is better than other times, but still a good deal for the price.

St. Pete Beach/Pass-a-Grill Area

Also many chain type restaurants at the beach. Pass-a-Grill is like a seperate little town. We like a seafood restaurnt that is called (I think) The Wharf. Very rustic, but good food.

Another place we like, although technically not in St. Pete, is Habana Cafe in Gulfport. It is not in downtown Gulfport, but on on Gulfport Blvd. Didn't know if I'd like Cuban food, but do and really like this restaurant.

Hope this helps some,

Nancy

tashamen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
My favorite was the Sea Critters Cafe in Pass-a-Grille - on the same road as the Seahorse but on the other side. Went there twice during a 5-day stay at the Breckenridge Club at Tradewinds.

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
Thanks for all the great suggestions. Looking forward to trying them all.

Guess I better run by AAA and get a city map.

Sheila

amanda14

Pool Education Team Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
On Passe a Grille

You can always go to the Hurricane or Woody's is awesome for a burger and beer

Jim Bryan

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Jim Bryan said:
http://www.tbt.com/bars/listing.jsp?ident=7408

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/hotels-motels/hotelinfo/21438.html

The Seahorse restaurant
800 Pass-A-Grille-Way
Pass- A- Grille
727-360-1734 Nicest waitstaff in town
Quaint breakfast and lunch spot. Locals favorite and newcomers.
Good downhome food, view of bay and pelicans, Price is right. $
It's always busy. Opens at 8 till2:30. Breakfast & lunch only.

http://www.mypass-a-grille.com/index.php?pageId=180773

The Warf's on the same side as Sea Critters. Also Beach side is The Hurricane Restaurant

Don

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a franchaised Sloppy Joe's on Treasure Island. And, BTW, there is still one Leverock's open that I know of. It was not owned by the ccompany the orhers were part of. It is on the Cape Haze Penninsula south of Englewood.