• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disney gift cards, 10% off at Costco.com today only, use them to pay Disney maintenance fees or whatever

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Would any of you expert gift card buyers recommend that I hold onto any cards for our upcoming trips to Disneyland and Walt Disney World? We have both coming up next year, and we could definitely apply the cards to our villa stays since we charge nearly everything to the room. Or do you recommend that we just pay our dues for 2024 and keep paying for 2025 if I can get over $5000 in cards.
I think that’s up to you and your cash flow. When there’s a special discount like this (above the 5% we can get at Target), we buy as many as we can afford at the time. I prefer to apply them to something ASAP, but I would save them if my dues were paid up for the current year (I don’t think I’d pay toward 2025 dues now, in December 2023) and I had an upcoming trip, since I can’t use them for anything other than Disney and might need the cash for something else.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We have gotten a total of 24 between the two of us. So far, nothing has been cancelled. Our DVC maintenance fees will be almost fully paid for with the cards. Rick didn't want to overpay and is loading his Disney gift card with the additional money to pay for restaurants for our Christmas-New Year's trip.

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have gotten a total of 24 between the two of us. So far, nothing has been cancelled. Our DVC maintenance fees will be almost fully paid for with the cards. Rick didn't want to overpay and is loading his Disney gift card with the additional money to pay for restaurants for our Christmas-New Year's trip.
Wowers!!! Nice!!! Congrats!!!

All my orders got cancelled after the first two order of 2 gift cards each order, including the one I tried this morning 48+ hours later. Guess my account probably got flagged for trying to buy too many too soon that I cannot get anymore.

Maybe the secret to to wait a full 24 hours after your first purchase. I don’t know, just guessing, but glad to see you are getting more. Again, congrats, always good to hear. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Great3

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Maybe the secret to to wait a full 24 hours after your first purchase.
I made my 2nd and 3rd purchases (two gift cards each) only 10 hours apart and they both went through leaving me with six total gift cards. Maybe that is the secret?!?

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
I might as well try again today. 10% savings is substantial. Saving $500 on my dues would be amazing!

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
Wowers!!! Nice!!! Congrats!!!

All my orders got cancelled after the first two order of 2 gift cards each order, including the one I tried this morning 48+ hours later. Guess my account probably got flagged for trying to buy too many too soon that I cannot get anymore.

Maybe the secret to to wait a full 24 hours after your first purchase. I don’t know, just guessing, but glad to see you are getting more. Again, congrats, always good to hear. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Great3
I waited 25 hours after my first two orders went through, but that third order was cancelled. My hubby's second order was cancelled after he made his first order. Still at six cards and have a long way to go to catch up with @rickandcindy23 :ROFLMAO: .

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I waited 25 hours after my first two orders went through, but that third order was cancelled. My hubby's second order was cancelled after he made his first order. Still at six cards and have a long way to go to catch up with @rickandcindy23 :ROFLMAO: .

Well, I am happy at 8 total gift cards total... will be happier at 24 gift cards total. LOL! I am still so amazed!!! I think 8 is probably goanna be my limit from Costco.

Great3

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
Well, I am happy at 8 total gift cards total... will be happier at 24 gift cards total. LOL! I am still so amazed!!! I think 8 is probably goanna be my limit from Costco.

Great3

8 cards was the the limit for us well via Costco (2 additional cancelled orders).

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Sale still on but I noticed a change since I last purchased the Disney gift card. Now, one has to enter their membership number to get a price even though you are already logged in. When I do so, nothing happens as the screen just goes back to enter a membership number. I assume that is because I have purchased six already. I think this is a new process for Costco to ensure that only two per membership are purchased.

Edited: My theory above proved to be incorrect. Although I was already logged into the Costco app when i was required to enter my membership number to purchase the gift card (and it would not go past that screen preventing a purchase), my wife was able to use her account to purchase two more without entering her membership number. We are now up to 10 cards and we don’t need any more (using the 10 for DVC dues and upcoming DL trip).

I thought I would try signing out of the Costco app and signing back on. Doing so removed the requirement for entering the membership number and appears to be allowing me to purchase more cards. YMMV.

Last edited:

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sale still on but I noticed a change since I last purchased the Disney gift card. Now, one has to enter their membership number to get a price even though you are already logged in. When I do so, nothing happens as the screen just goes back to enter a membership number. I assume that is because I have purchased six already. I think this is a new process for Costco to ensure that only two per membership are purchased.

I think the Disney GC's prove to be much more popular than Costco expected compared to other gift cards offered.

Great3

Last edited: