• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

did anybody see this? https://www.wmbfnews.com/2024/02/23/were-not-rolling-over-timeshare-owners-demand-answers-after-resort-myrtle-beach-suddenly-clo

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone else posted yes. I also got it in my feed. Not sure why it not being widely discussed?

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There was a thread about this when they first shut down in July, but my TUG search skills are terrible in terms of trying to find it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like this building will be sold to a developer and remodeled into a new condominium in a few years or this building will be demolished and a new condominium will take its place. Only Time will tell.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Here is the thread from July. There are several others between then and now. It seems there isn't a lot of new information between then and now.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
After seven months what is the final disposition of this resort?

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
Another legacy timeshare resort bites the dust. Does anyone know if Capital Vacations' sales weasels have been pressuring owners here to convert their weeks to Capital Points? Do we know if Capital Vacations have their henchmen on the Board?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Silver Lakes Florida
I own at a resort in Florida that Capital Vacations now manages. Owned since 1991, never missed a payment. The owners board is likely novices volunteering & majority of the votes are owned by management that can vote whatever they want. Plus no shareholders revolt as nobody sees a voters list to make contact.
Capital Vacations added a special assessment fee and seem shady as they seem to do at all the resorts they manage. Joined this TUG and see others saying the same. Timeshare sales has always been aggressive sales with people feeling good on a holiday getting suckered. At one time State of Florida had protection to help one of their largest industries.. tourists. The recent politicians seem like POS and likely don’t care anymore for a visitor’s complaint.
My 2 cents. How to get help from predatory management??

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Another legacy timeshare resort bites the dust. Does anyone know if Capital Vacations' sales weasels have been pressuring owners here to convert their weeks to Capital Points? Do we know if Capital Vacations have their henchmen on the Board?
I'm an owner at this Beach House in MB, and Capital has been useless in communicating or answering hundreds of owners' questions, emails, voice mails, etc. They seem to have taken over control of the board. The resort is not open, and nothing has yet been resolved. I have no idea why previously reputable companies have turned over ownership or managership of anything to them, I don't believe they operate ethically or competently.

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
I'm an owner at this Beach House in MB, and Capital has been useless in communicating or answering hundreds of owners' questions, emails, voice mails, etc. They seem to have taken over control of the board. The resort is not open, and nothing has yet been resolved. I have no idea why previously reputable companies have turned over ownership or managership of anything to them, I don't believe they operate ethically or competently.
Sorry to hear about your situation there with the board. If true, then control of the resort has slipped into the clutches of Capital Vacations. Have owners been harassed by sales weasels to convert their weeks into Capital Points?

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your situation there with the board. If true, then control of the resort has slipped into the clutches of Capital Vacations. Have owners been harassed by sales weasels to convert their weeks into Capital Points?
Before the closure, yes, Capital was pressuring owners to do so. At check-in, it was not so easy to circumvent signing up for one of their pressure sessions; we did attend one willingly because I was curious about Capital anyway, and sure enough, it was the same old BS, except worse -- very convoluted and confusing, the reps clearly didn't have enough information to coherently explain their program, and were very uneducated about timesharing in general, as well as exchanging and all that. Like they'd never heard of Trading Places, which I asked about and was already in process of being purchased by Capital.

After the closure, there have been a few phone calls and texts from Capital supposedly to that effect, but I haven't personally communicated with them because I never responded. There was a board meeting of sorts with owners on zoom after the closure, which I did "attend" online, and it was very strange because Capital was running and directing the meeting, and only allowing certain owner questions to be addressed. We've heard thru the grapevine that some of the board members have since resigned, I think including the president, but have very little information about whether/how they were replaced, or what the status is of the Owners Association. Is it dissolved or is it dissolving?? Are the owners who are still board members even still deed holders, which I believe is required? No one from Capital or the one retained employee of the Beach House is satisfactorily answering questions, or answering at all. Many many owners are beside themselves with frustration.

Many of us (but not even all owners!) received a mailing some months ago, giving some options to check. Options included ending ownership and surrendering deed for a payoff of $250 per deed ... or continuing to own our deeds and being responsible for 2024 MFs and probable future assessments ... or for a short period there was an offer to exchange one's deed for a "comparable" (unlikely) deed at Sands Ocean Club. That Sands offer apparently ended before some owners could get further info, or questions or inquiries answered -- and when owners first called Sands, their people didn't even know anything about this!!! Some owners replied to this Capital mailing, some didn't, and some owners said they needed more information, which never came. Since then, we've heard nothing.

We're not typical owners there. Most seem to be very long-term, original owners or descendents thereof, who are very attached to the group of dear friends and multi-generational extended family members who always gather at the same time every year, and they are very attached to the place itself. They are literally grief-stricken over this. For us, our timeshare ownerships including deeded weeks have mostly been a form of currency. We did enjoy this timeshare for its location, it was our very first ownership, which we ultimately passed onto another TUGger, and we intended our second more recent acquisition for personal use -- an anomaly for us.

Last edited: