• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Coylumbridge Scotland Purchase

Huskerpaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BoardWalk Villas, MVC Grande Vista & Willow Ridge, WorldMark
I am now an official member of HGVC. My purchase of resale weeks from Coylumbridge Scotland is final and my account and weeks are setup and active. I could not be more happy with my purchase and the sales process with Coylumbridge and Sue.Smith@hgv.com. I asked her to put together a package of five platinum 2BD weeks that totaled 56,000 club points so that I could qualify for Elite Premier status, which she found for me.

I bought two weeks in the original lodges that have lower MF (£663.97 in 2022) for £3,400 and £4,500. The other three weeks are in the new lodges with higher MF (£698.33 in 2022) for £3,500 x 2 and £4,500. These were the five cheapest weeks she had for resale. I did not bother trying to negotiate lower prices as I wanted to move quickly to take advantage of the new Prime Minster’s effect on the exchange rate. I also had to pay £195 per contract in legal fees. I also had to pay the club annual fee of £144 and one enrollment fee of £298 to enroll all five weeks I purchased into HGVC. Usually, you have to pay this for each week, but since I was a new member to HGVC I only had to pay one, which is a nice savings.

My final total was all-in was £20,817. When I called with my Amex Aspire card to pay on 10/24 the charge to my card was $23,437.87. So my exchange rate was about $1.126, which I’m very happy with. Total purchase cost per point of a little under $0.42. I had a little trouble getting Elite Premier status active, but I think that is because I got into my account before it was completely setup. The supervisor I talked to insisted I did not quality for EP, so I sent the various emails I had from Scotland showing the sale counted towards Elite status. A couple hours later the supervisor called to apologize and say she was wrong and that my status would be updated that afternoon, which it was. She said she learned something new and was very nice about the whole thing.

Thanks to the TUG family for all the learning I have done that made this possible. Special thanks to @Lampshade for their post “Craigendarroch Lodges Purchase” on buying from Scotland and @HuskerATL whose responses to that post provided a wealth of knowledge, including how to cancel your week online to get your Club points, which I have already used. I now have reservations for Elara at Spring Break and MarBrisa next summer. Thanks again TUG!

Last edited:

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
Excellent Huskerpaul....welcome to the family. Now time to plan those vacations and put that EP status to use...congrats!

Huskerpaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Excellent Huskerpaul....welcome to the family. Now time to plan those vacations and put that EP status to use...congrats!
We Huskers need to stick together during our current time of wandering the CFB wilderness =)

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
we are no longer wandering....we are just plain lost....:)

As a Michigan fan, it will get better. We spent 10 years plus lost (Rich Rod, Hoke and the first years of Harbaugh) and it sucks. We still aren't completely back, but at least we can see the path, now. Hire the right coach and support him and you will get back to that path.

I hated when you went away from the option. When I though triple option, I thought Nebraska. You all lost your identity.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I hated when you went away from the option. When I though triple option, I thought Nebraska. You all lost your identity.
with the right athletes, this type of offense will still work but everyone want the spread and pro style. I am from Nebraska and went to college at Nebraska so this pains me to say but Michigan has a whole different draw for athletes. I just don't think Nebraska can get the same caliber of athletes any more. The population is small so they depend on imports but why would a good import go there? I think we have many painful years ahead....ugh... we will probably be the next Boise State who pops up here and there, a little salty, but just can't maintain it.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
with the right athletes, this type of offense will still work but everyone want the spread and pro style. I am from Nebraska and went to college at Nebraska so this pains me to say but Michigan has a whole different draw for athletes. I just don't think Nebraska can get the same caliber of athletes any more. The population is small so they depend on imports but why would a good import go there? I think we have many painful years ahead....ugh... we will probably be the next Boise State who pops up here and there, a little salty, but just can't maintain it.

Disagree to a certain extent. Nebraska has to find its niche. It needs to find a different style than anybody else and recruit the players to fit the system. It’s how Pittsburg and NE built their teams with the 3-4 defense. The drafted quality players that didn’t fit anybody else’s system. Nebraska needs to find that niche and give opportunities to players that might not normally get the opportunity.

Now I have no clue what that might be. I’ve been coaching middle school for 20 years now running a triple option offense so I have no clue what’s new out there.

Huskerpaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I went to Jr High and High School in Nebraska and well as graduated from UNL. One has to believe that it can't possibly get any worse for the Cornhuskers. The sad thing is I thought we hired the right coach and then ...... disaster.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
triple option offense
I was a half back in high school....we ran it...pretty successfully. The Nebraska tradition still gets recruits but the mid-2000s are getting further and further into history. I agree that they need to find the right mix for them and I was hoping Frost would bring back more of the old school Nebraska. We will see....it will still be painful for a while but I will still watch, cuss, and maybe drink a little more...:)

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Now...if you want to talk volleyball.....it is a different story. Maybe we should be recruiting volleyball players for the football team...:)

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was a half back in high school....we ran it...pretty successfully. The Nebraska tradition still gets recruits but the mid-2000s are getting further and further into history. I agree that they need to find the right mix for them and I was hoping Frost would bring back more of the old school Nebraska. We will see....it will still be painful for a while but I will still watch, cuss, and maybe drink a little more...:)

I love the split veer! I was sad when Georgia Tech stopped running it. Our 7th and 8th graders could watch their games and pick out the plays! Harder to find Army, Navy and AF games on TV.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I love the split veer! I was sad when Georgia Tech stopped running it. Our 7th and 8th graders could watch their games and pick out the plays! Harder to find Army, Navy and AF games on TV.
I also think the fast D lines have made it hard to run the option offense but QB that can run it well, is still hard to defend. I loved the play against Ohio State when UNL ran an option to the running back who then had an option to the receiver who came all the way around....5 options...fullback, QB run, QB pass, running back, and then receiver...

spdhanr

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am now an official member of HGVC. My purchase of resale weeks from Coylumbridge Scotland is final and my account and weeks are setup and active. I could not be more happy with my purchase and the sales process with Coylumbridge and Sue.Smith@hgv.com. I asked her to put together a package of five platinum 2BD weeks that totaled 56,000 club points so that I could qualify for Elite Premier status, which she found for me.

I bought two weeks in the original lodges that have lower MF (£663.97 in 2022) for £3,400 and £4,500. The other three weeks are in the new lodges with higher MF (£698.33 in 2022) for £3,500 x 2 and £4,500. These were the five cheapest weeks she had for resale. I did not bother trying to negotiate lower prices as I wanted to move quickly to take advantage of the new Prime Minster’s effect on the exchange rate. I also had to pay £195 per contract in legal fees. I also had to pay the club annual fee of £144 and one enrollment fee of £298 to enroll all five weeks I purchased into HGVC. Usually, you have to pay this for each week, but since I was a new member to HGVC I only had to pay one, which is a nice savings.

My final total was all-in was £20,817. When I called with my Amex Aspire card to pay on 10/24 the charge to my card was $23,437.87. So my exchange rate was about $1.126, which I’m very happy with. Total purchase cost per point of a little under $0.42. I had a little trouble getting Elite Premier status active, but I think that is because I got into my account before it was completely setup. The supervisor I talked to insisted I did not quality for EP, so I sent the various emails I had from Scotland showing the sale counted towards Elite status. A couple hours later the supervisor called to apologize and say she was wrong and that my status would be updated that afternoon, which it was. She said she learned something new and was very nice about the whole thing.

Thanks to the TUG family for all the learning I have done that made this possible. Special thanks to @Lampshade for their post “Craigendarroch Lodges Purchase” on buying from Scotland and @HuskerATL whose responses to that post provided a wealth of knowledge, including how to cancel your week online to get your Club points, which I have already used. I now have reservations for Elara at Spring Break and MarBrisa next summer. Thanks again TUG!
I am interested in buying 2 purchases and in conversation with Sue but she is suggesting red and gold weeks saying they re better price than platinum but says they are all 11,200 points. Any suggestions if I should bite it or wait for platinum weeks?

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Any suggestions if I should bite it or wait for platinum weeks?

yes, like GT75 said, look that the whole package. Purchase price and then long term MFs. One may be a bit higher but you get more points for the same amount of MFs between two units that are same but different seasons so the long term MF/point is cheaper for a platinum than a gold/silver/bronze. HGVC doesn't use "red" as a season. Red is equivalent to platinum. In HGV, there are bronze, silver, gold, and platinum. Try for a platinum for the best MF/point cost.

Lodemia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Craigendarroch(2),Coylumbridge(5),Boulevard(4),Kings'Land(1),W 57th(1),District(2)
I am interested in buying 2 purchases and in conversation with Sue but she is suggesting red and gold weeks saying they re better price than platinum but says they are all 11,200 points. Any suggestions if I should bite it or wait for platinum weeks?
These are likely higher bedroom counts with higher maintenance fees. For what it’s worth, buying a gold and saving $3650 is worth it to me (Last time I did the comparison) The payback is 18+ years for breakeven at a 200GBP difference in yearly fees.

Lodemia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Craigendarroch(2),Coylumbridge(5),Boulevard(4),Kings'Land(1),W 57th(1),District(2)
also, factor in use. Some people like the gold weeks more than platinum weeks for homeweek use.
Yeah, my wife and I were able to get back to back weeks - one in Craig and one in Coyl, the two weeks surrounding our anniversary. we plan on taking advantage of that next year (25 years for us!)

Huskerpaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

The Coylumbridge info I got listed both the RCI season and the HGVC season. So Red would be RCI and Gold HGVC. A Gold 2BD is worth 8,000 HGVC points if you cancel the reservation and a platinum is 11,200. The Maintenance Fees are the same for both, but purchase price of HGV gold weeks are cheaper than platinum (not high season and get fewer points). I think the math can work out for both to be good options. Probably not so for Silver or Bronze weeks. Personally, I was focused on getting to 54,400 total for EP status all in one purchase and the math of adding in gold weeks to my package instead platinum was more complex when looking at what was available.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
If you plan to rent the unit out via the resort, having platinum will earn higher rental fees during summer and event weeks. Theoretically the units will have higher trading power in II if you decide to trade for II resorts (see below for weeks demand in II). It will also sell easier when you try to unload. The Scotland resorts have silver and low season VOIs that are at auction because no one wants them.

1667145716058.png

This is for Craig. BTW...I don't see Coylumbridge listed. Perhaps you need to reach out to II to see if they trade Coylumbridge.

Last edited:

spdhanr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry. We can trade in II with Craig? Not familiar with intervalworld.com

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
Dear Owner,

We write to you today to share that Hilton Grand Vacations will end its management agreement with Coylumbridge Highland Lodges Club, effective 1 February 2023. In addition, we are also ending our Club Affiliation Agreement by 31 December 2023. We understand that as an Owner at this property and Hilton Grand Vacations Club Member you may have questions.

Please read below for a summary of the management change and where you can find more information:

About the Situation & Your Timeshare
HGV is committed to working with the Coylumbridge Owners Committee to help facilitate a smooth management transition. Please know that your timeshare ownership interest, including access to your unit and week, will stay the same and your contract will remain with Coylumbridge Highland Lodges Club. In addition, there will be no disruption in service delivery for anyone visiting the property prior to the management change.

If you own a timeshare at other properties affiliated with Hilton Grand Vacations Club, the change in management at Coylumbridge will not impact these vacation ownership interests. We kindly ask that continue making maintenance fee payments as you do now, including your 2023 payment.

Voluntary Club Membership
If you have no remaining Points, and do not wish to renew your Club membership, please disregard your 2023 renewal notice. We will cancel your membership in January 2023. Once your Club membership ends, you may be able to join another exchange program, depending on which exchange company your resort is affiliated with. A new contact number will be provided by the new management entity once determined.

If you have remaining ClubPoints, Saved Points or Reserved Points, you will still be able to use them in 2023 per the terms and conditions of the HGV Club program, as long as you renew your Club membership by 31 December 2022. This will ensure you have full Club access, including Open Season reservations.

If you are a Member with Elite Status and you have other HGV intervals, your Elite status will continue through 31 December 2023. It is anticipated that HGV will determine within the next 90 days if your Elite status will continue beyond 31 December 2023. Hilton Grand Vacations Club will communicate with you once a determination has been made.

Starting 1 November 2022, we will no longer enroll new memberships with Coylumbridge intervals and we will not accept weeks for exchange in the Club for 2024 and beyond. If you exchange your 2023 week(s) for Points, you will need to use all your Points before 31 December 2023.

Where Can I Find More Information?
If you have any questions, please email the Coylumbridge Owners Committee at secretary@coylumbridge.info. You may also contact HGV at coylumbridge‑inquiries@hgv.com.

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Hilton Grand Vacations. We are ready to serve you.

Sincerely,
Hilton Grand Vacations

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dear Owner,

We write to you today to share that Hilton Grand Vacations will end its management agreement with Coylumbridge Highland Lodges Club, effective 1 February 2023. In addition, we are also ending our Club Affiliation Agreement by 31 December 2023. We understand that as an Owner at this property and Hilton Grand Vacations Club Member you may have questions.

Please read below for a summary of the management change and where you can find more information:

About the Situation & Your Timeshare
HGV is committed to working with the Coylumbridge Owners Committee to help facilitate a smooth management transition. Please know that your timeshare ownership interest, including access to your unit and week, will stay the same and your contract will remain with Coylumbridge Highland Lodges Club. In addition, there will be no disruption in service delivery for anyone visiting the property prior to the management change.

If you own a timeshare at other properties affiliated with Hilton Grand Vacations Club, the change in management at Coylumbridge will not impact these vacation ownership interests. We kindly ask that continue making maintenance fee payments as you do now, including your 2023 payment.

Voluntary Club Membership
If you have no remaining Points, and do not wish to renew your Club membership, please disregard your 2023 renewal notice. We will cancel your membership in January 2023. Once your Club membership ends, you may be able to join another exchange program, depending on which exchange company your resort is affiliated with. A new contact number will be provided by the new management entity once determined.

If you have remaining ClubPoints, Saved Points or Reserved Points, you will still be able to use them in 2023 per the terms and conditions of the HGV Club program, as long as you renew your Club membership by 31 December 2022. This will ensure you have full Club access, including Open Season reservations.

If you are a Member with Elite Status and you have other HGV intervals, your Elite status will continue through 31 December 2023. It is anticipated that HGV will determine within the next 90 days if your Elite status will continue beyond 31 December 2023. Hilton Grand Vacations Club will communicate with you once a determination has been made.

Starting 1 November 2022, we will no longer enroll new memberships with Coylumbridge intervals and we will not accept weeks for exchange in the Club for 2024 and beyond. If you exchange your 2023 week(s) for Points, you will need to use all your Points before 31 December 2023.

Where Can I Find More Information?
If you have any questions, please email the Coylumbridge Owners Committee at secretary@coylumbridge.info. You may also contact HGV at coylumbridge‑inquiries@hgv.com.

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Hilton Grand Vacations. We are ready to serve you.

Sincerely,
Hilton Grand Vacations

MattnTricia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Definitely bad news for those of us that are Coylumbridge Owners

Very sad day!!!!