• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

carlsbad site comparison

yodaDaenerys

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Orlando
HGV Max
we've been to marbrisa a couple times and enjoyed it. hiking in the canyon was nice.

how does seapointe compare? i see there is construction noted thru 2024. we are looking to go in December.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Being across from the beach might be chilly in December, but you could enjoy some beachcomber walks. We like that it's very close to the Poinsettia rail station, there is a walkway from the neighborhood next to the resort. You can catch the coaster to San Diego, Old Town is a nice day visit for shopping and lunch at Old Town Mexican Cafe.

yodaDaenerys

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Orlando
HGV Max
ah, now that i'm on my computer i see that seaside is an external exchange resort. some of the reviews make it sound a little dated. perhaps that's why the construction. maybe we'll stick with the tried and true marbrisa.

Chris-ATX

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Marbrisa
We haven’t stayed anywhere other than Marbrisa, though have looked elsewhere. Like Marbrisa, but can’t tell you how many times the people above us must have literally been rolling bowling balls around they were so loud. We always ask for top floor now to avoid that.

Oh, and building 80 if it’s available

yodaDaenerys

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Orlando
HGV Max
We haven’t stayed anywhere other than Marbrisa, though have looked elsewhere. Like Marbrisa, but can’t tell you how many times the people above us must have literally been rolling bowling balls around they were so loud. We always ask for top floor now to avoid that.

Oh, and building 80 if it’s available
i did notice certain bookings are guaranteed building 80. what's special about building 80?

Chris-ATX

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Marbrisa
We travel as family. The 3 bedroom units in Building 80 are amazing. (And if you get lucky, they will also let you reserve a golf cart to move around the resort which is nice).

Underground parking as well.

A nice more secluded hot tub and grilling space.

I guess it is just a little more removed from everything else which is nice (for us, anyway)

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
80 is a recent addition above the original GP Marbrisa buildings, it's the furthest from the Cove pools on the southeast edge of the property.