• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cancel my contract - Help with address needed!

Meimei_May

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did a very bad deal with HGVC today without any researching. I am sending my cancelation letter tomorrow. The contract doesn't specify the address and only refer to " send certified mail to the Developer". I am assuming the development's address would be the one listed in the contract. Is that correct? Anyone can give kind advice on this.

Thanks in advance! And Happy New Year to you all!

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I just found it the address on contract. I was too fret to read. Thanks again for all the information.

Welcome to TUG. HGVC is an upfront company and will process your rescission once received. Your rescission can be a simple hand written letter advising that you wish to rescind the purchase. Include all names and the contract number. Be sure that all parties to the contract sign the letter. Finally, send certified mail so that you can prove the date it was mailed. With rescissions, it only matters what date you mailed, not the date received. Finally, it could take up to 45 days to receive your refund. The sales team may try to contact you to talk you out of it. It is recommend to not accept their phone call. Congrats on researching to save yourself thousands of dollars.

giowop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard
I just found it the address on contract. I was too fret to read. Thanks again for all the information.

Happy Recision!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meimei_May

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome to TUG. HGVC is an upfront company and will process your rescission once received. Your rescission can be a simple hand written letter advising that you wish to rescind the purchase. Include all names and the contract number. Be sure that all parties to the contract sign the letter. Finally, send certified mail so that you can prove the date it was mailed. With rescissions, it only matters what date you mailed, not the date received. Finally, it could take up to 45 days to receive your refund. The sales team may try to contact you to talk you out of it. It is recommend to not accept their phone call. Congrats on researching to save yourself thousands of dollars.
Thank you so much! I used the sample letter from TUG. So glad that I find you guys. Have saved me thousands of dollars and many many regrets. :)

Meimei_May

TUG Member
Reaction score
And believe or not, I even took some serious negotiation classes and still been talked into this. Can't wait the post office open tomorrow. !

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I did a very bad deal with HGVC today without any researching. I am sending my cancelation letter tomorrow. The contract doesn't specify the address and only refer to " send certified mail to the Developer". I am assuming the development's address would be the one listed in the contract. Is that correct? Anyone can give kind advice on this.

Thanks in advance! And Happy New Year to you all!
my mother just went through the same thing.where it says, “to make any changes to the account, send letter here” or something. Also how much was it for so it can be tracked.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
And believe or not, I even took some serious negotiation classes and still been talked into this. Can't wait the post office open tomorrow. !
Welcome to TUG and congratulations on finding us in time. Don’t worry about getting suckered into the salesperson’s presentation. They are very good at that “setting the hook”.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
If you don't mind sharing, what did you buy and how much are you saving?

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
It happens to the best of us. Salespeople are trained professionals, in which this is their full-time job. I too took two negotiation classes, both discussing “best alternatives,” Roger Fisher, and debating issues not numbers. I got suckered in and then rescinded.

At the very least, it seems you got to the “closer” or third level. Many unfortunate souls snap at the first two inflated offers and don’t rescind.

Mind sharing how much rescission would save you?

Hobokie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara (HGVC) + Worldmark
@Meimei_May congrats and welcome to TUG! Consider becoming a member (a mere $15) and learning the ropes since you are curious enough and likely looking at timeshares for you and your family!

Meimei_May

TUG Member
Reaction score
@Meimei_May congrats and welcome to TUG! Consider becoming a member (a mere $15) and learning the ropes since you are curious enough and likely looking at timeshares for you and your family!
I just this morning. Trying to figure out how to identify myself as a member in the profile

Meimei_May

TUG Member
Reaction score
It happens to the best of us. Salespeople are trained professionals, in which this is their full-time job. I too took two negotiation classes, both discussing “best alternatives,” Roger Fisher, and debating issues not numbers. I got suckered in and then rescinded.

At the very least, it seems you got to the “closer” or third level. Many unfortunate souls snap at the first two inflated offers and don’t rescind.

Mind sharing how much rescission would save you?
HaHa, I did the same course, focuses on method not on substance. I am so shamed of myself that I could not share the exact number but it is more than 20K at Ocean 22 for 7000 points. :eek: Going to the post office now. And just became TUG member this morning.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
HaHa, I did the same course, focuses on method not on substance. I am so shamed of myself that I could not share the exact number but it is more than 20K at Ocean 22 for 7000 points. :eek: Going to the post office now. And just became TUG member this morning.

As half of tuggers initially bought developer/retail TS, there is no shaming. You have recognized a mistake and corrected it. We have come across stories of people refusing to admit they made a mistake, then want to rescind one month later when it’s already too late.

Last edited:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have come across stories of people refusing to admit they made a mistake, then want to rescind one month later when it’s already too late.

Then they ask about paying such-and-such timeshare exit/cancel/relief company or law firm to get them out of the contract. :rolleyes:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
And believe or not, I even took some serious negotiation classes and still been talked into this.

Dont' worry. These sales are not a matter of negotiation skills. They're a matter of psychological manipulation and unethical sales practices. I don't know how long you were held there before they gave you your gift for attending, but I'm assuming it was longer than the agreed-upon time at the beginning (usually 90 minutes). Then, when you're mentally worn down and can't take it anymore, they basically imply to you "Just sign the papers and you can get your gift and leave."

At that point, you're ready to do almost anything (including signing a multi-thousand dollar agreement) to get out of there.

Meimei_May

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just sent the cancelation letter: certified mail +electronic signature. The post office staffer was asking me if I was canceling a timeshare ;). Will wait to see what would happen next. Thanks again, TUG fellows!

Last edited:

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Just sent the cancelation letter: certified mail +electronic signature. The post office staffer was asking me if I was canceling a timeshare ;). Will wait to see what would happen next. Thanks again, TUG fellows!

HGVC’s sales department, like most timeshare sales department, are unethical and very weasely. The rest of the system is great, though. I’m not sure if I have ever heard of issues with recession as long as it’s within the recession period. It doesn’t make the waiting any easier, but as long as you followed the instructions, you are fine.

Congrats! Stick around and see if resale is right for you!

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

Congratulations. Don’t worry, Be Happy. HGV will honor your request within 45 days (usually they are much sooner than that)

CaptAdam

Reaction score
Please help! I just bought a timeshare that I don’t want at HGVC Orlando! Yesterday! I check out tomorrow. How exactly can I rescind and how exactly can I become a member?