• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Advantages / drawbacks to Orlando in late Oct - mid Nov?

Scott T

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wondering - I have never been to that area in that time of year.

If I go to a major resort such as Vistana or HGVC - will all the amenities - esp pools and hot tubs - be available? Are all restaurants and attractions open off season?

I know park hours are shorter than during the summer, but I assume that will be more than offset by the shorter lines.

Carl D

Reaction score
Epcot's International Food & Wine Festival, and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.

-- The 2 best Disney events take place in October, making it the best time of year to visit.

Scott T

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but I am probably leaning more towards Universal and Islands of Adventure - since I will not be travelling with kids, and I will be taking advantage of Costco's 2-person 7-day 2-park + City Walk pass ($110 - sweet deal.)

Carl D

Reaction score
My wife and I also travel without kids, but than again, we are Disney fanatics!
The F&W Festival is definitely geared for adults, as there are great chefs and wine makers from around the world. There are signature dinners, food & wine samples from around the world, and many free wine tasting seminars that are fantastic. There are also advanced wine classes that cost money.

The Haloween Party is also great for adults, but others may have a different opinion.

I'm sure you will find that "other park" nice during October as well. :D

spiceycat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Lake Towers @WDW
the pools are open all year. Now if you want to get into the pool is up to you.

at 68 and above I will do it. but once it get in the 50's and below - it can feel cold....

HGVC say they heated one pool - but I couldn't find it.

Sheraton Vistana heats there big one.

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
Scott T said:
....Universal and Islands of Adventure - ... , and I will be taking advantage of Costco's 2-person 7-day 2-park + City Walk pass ($110 - sweet deal.)

I am a Costo member but do not know anything about this! What is it? Where do you get it (in store, on line)? Any info would be welcomed!

Ray

Scott T

TUG Member
Reaction score
rsackett said:
I am a Costo member but do not know anything about this! What is it? Where do you get it (in store, on line)? Any info would be welcomed!

Ray

It's in-store here in Durham, NC. I don't see that particular pass online, though they have others - a 3-month for $85 IIRC (1 person), and an annual pass for maybe $180? (No time to look it up right now.)

Vodo

Reaction score
We love the Disney area that time of year. It's generally still more than warm enough for swimming and there are no crowds at the theme parks.

We've been buying our Universal/IoA passes from AAA. I don't think it's a Florida resident special, though it could be. Right now, it's $115 for 15 months of access to both parks. There are some blackout dates, but not nearly as many as Disney and most are at times we would never go anyhow because of heat and crowds.

Cindy

shoney

Reaction score
Wow...on the site it has a 7-day ticket for $85...that is a great deal.

We are going in November but promised the kids we would go to Disney this time.

What a huge price difference in tickets!

Vodo

Reaction score
There's also an offer on an annual pass. If you buy a full annual pass (no blackout dates), you get a whole second year free - so that's two years for $179. I think the offer expires on 9/30 though.

Cindy

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
Vodo said:
There's also an offer on an annual pass. If you buy a full annual pass (no blackout dates), you get a whole second year free - so that's two years for $179. I think the offer expires on 9/30 though.

Cindy

I was ready to bite, but it says this one is for Florida residents and you have to have a code from a Bealls receipt.

I am a Costco member, though, so if anyone figures that one out. I don't have a store locally. I just joined to use the card in Hawaii.

Sheila

Scott T

TUG Member
Reaction score
sfwilshire said:
I was ready to bite, but it says this one is for Florida residents and you have to have a code from a Bealls receipt.
Sheila

Not to mention, the Bealls receipt has to be dated by 8/31.

talkamotta

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We always go the last week of October. It is by far my favorite time. The humidity is down and yet it is still in the 80's. Except last year, the hurricanes were over and the crowds are way down. We would go to the Epcot center and not have to wait in any lines. It is the best of all worlds in Orlando and on the Gulf Coast.

This year we will be going Thanksgiving and Im not nearly excited for myself.

Vodo

Reaction score
My AAA offer doesn't mention Florida residency (or at least I don't think it does) and there's no mention of Bealls either.

http://www.aaasouth.com/acs_pages/tis_attraction_rates.asp?id=42605

Revised to add that you may be required to actually purchase the vouchers at a AAA South office, so even if there is no Florida residency requirement, it would eliminate most folks, especially with the deadline looming.

Cindy

Last edited:

anne1125

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's a perfect time of year. the weather for us was about 80 degrees and NO Rain! that was two years ago.

Have a great time.

IreneLF

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ditto for us in 2002 and 2003, first half of November - lo-mid80's every day, perfect for swimming and touring.
So perfect that I'm doing it again this year :)