• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2016 - to present ] What is the best movie and or Tv series you have watched on Netflix or Amazon Prime??

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Comrade Detective and Clarkson Farm, both Amazon Prime. Though I Comrade Detective might no longer be available for free.

oceanblue2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Eagle's Nest/Marco Beach, Fl
DRI
Blue Lights on Britbox. This is a police drama set in Belfast, N Ireland. There is currently one series with a second in the works.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
We have watch both True Detective on HBO Max, and The Expats on Amazon Prime. This new season of True Detective seems to veering into the occult, which is not really my thing but still enjoying the show enough to keep going.

lidi66

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Timber Lodge, Sheraton Desert Oasis, Ocean Landings (x3)
I would love to hear your picks!
Thanks!
Netflix:

Beef
Dead to Me
Dirty John
Ozark
The Crown
To the Lake
Imposters
Breaking Bad
Inside Man
The Watcher

Amazon:

Vikings
Reacher

spirit1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Banff Rocky Mountain Resort
FAUDA on Netflix

Its about a special ops team and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Sounds heavy but honestly was so enlightening although still a heavy drama. 4 seasons, u wont recognize any of the actors. Very well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Another thumbs up for Fouda. It took us a few episodes to set the characters and motivations but then we were immersed in the storylines.
There is also a related movie that we liked.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
I searched this thread. No one seems to have mentioned Ripper Street. I borrowed all 5 seasons on DVD from my local public library.

This is a very British crime thriller. It's well written and the acting is impressive. It took us a few episodes to get used to the language. As with many British programs, we did have to turn on the subtitles. My only quibble is that I found the series finale a downer, but I suppose the writers had reasons for that.

spirit1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
After we get back from touring the Big Island, we watch a few episodes of Suits. We saw it before and loved it. Netflix costs us the $6.99 per month but has commercials. The more you watch, the more frequent the commercials (or it seems that way).

I will check out some other channels. We dropped cable a while back. I told Rick we could spend a little more on apps, but I don't know what to add to the lineup. We have Netflix, Paramount+ (Joe Pickett and some great series by Taylor Sheridan), and we also pay for PBS to see Endeavour and Grantchester, two really great detective shows. I am fond of them.

Does Bosch have a new season? We watched a year ago, I believe, and we watched with commercials.
I loved Endeavour too.
We watched Bosch and there is a sequel series ...forget the name.
Have you watched Last Tango in Halifax? Lovely British series with some amazing actors in their prime. One of the women was in Happy Valley...one of the more intense police thrillers but one of my favorites.
RIght now we are watching Baptise...so far two series but very well done.

spirit1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
For those who mentioned they enjoyed Line Of Duty, you can see lead actor Adrian Dunbar in a series entitled Ridley, showing on Amazon Prime. Dunbar plays a not-quite-retired police detective with a sixth sense for sniffing out the bad guys. It's only one season so far, but a second season is planned for release in the U.S. in 2024.
Thank you for this. Line of Duty was an amazing series....some of the character actors needed to be made permanent..but they got killed off!!

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We have watch both True Detective on HBO Max, and The Expats on Amazon Prime. This new season of True Detective seems to veering into the occult, which is not really my thing but still enjoying the show enough to keep going.
Just rediscoved this thread. On Amazon Prime, there are Expats or The Expat. Which one did you watch and like?

rboesl

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
Currently watching American Rust on Prime. Lots of subplots. Really enjoying it.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Person of Interest on FreeVee. Lots of shoot em up but pretty good plots.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Killing Eve on Netflix. Fascinated with Jody Comer how she does all the accents and expressions, she is in the new Joker movie. She reminds me of Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Just rediscoved this thread. On Amazon Prime, there are Expats or The Expat. Which one did you watch and like?

It was Expats, staring Nicole Kidman. I enjoyed it a lot. It set in Hong Kong, and about the lives of a group of expats and the staff that serve them. The series is set during the Umbrella Protests of 2014. Though the protests are really more of just background in the series, and not central to the plot.

I was visiting Hong Kong for work during that time period, so that was part of the attraction for me, but think I would have enjoyed it regardless.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Killing Eve on Netflix. Fascinated with Jody Comer how she does all the accents and expressions, she is in the new Joker movie. She reminds me of Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's.
+1 for Killing Eve on Netflix.

Richard

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Here's a plug for Monsieur Spade on Amazon Prime. Spade (played by Clive Owen) finds himself in the south of France twenty years after The Maltese Falcon case. Taciturn and aimless, he finds himself immersed in a complex maelstrom of a series of bad guys (and gals) seeking to take him and the young girl he's sworn to protect out of the picture so they can pursue their nefarious plan. In the penultimate episode, you're wondering how everything is going to get tied up in a nice bow, but the writers do a great job of doing so. Very enjoyable!

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
I agree with the endorsement of Monsieur Spade. The ending was a bit too glib, but I loved the location and the cast.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here's a plug for Monsieur Spade on Amazon Prime. Spade (played by Clive Owen) finds himself in the south of France twenty years after The Maltese Falcon case. Taciturn and aimless, he finds himself immersed in a complex maelstrom of a series of bad guys (and gals) seeking to take him and the young girl he's sworn to protect out of the picture so they can pursue their nefarious plan. In the penultimate episode, you're wondering how everything is going to get tied up in a nice bow, but the writers do a great job of doing so. Very enjoyable!
Agree. Well written and nice location.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.

jp10558

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
IDK about streaming, but some of the best series I have watched are:
Life on Mars UK
Spooks UK
Alex Rider
Blindspot (early seasons)
Burn Notice
White Collar
Castle
Counterpart
Dark Matter (the spaceship one)
Death in Paradise
Murdoch Mysteries
Ducktales (2017)
Good Omens (first season)
Primeveal
Original Prime Suspect
Reacher
Rick and Morty
Stan Lee's Lucky Man
Sherlock
The Capture
Star Trek Strange New Worlds (and pretty much all Star Trek pre 2009)
The Irrational
Tracker
The Legend of Vox Machina
Arcane
The Librarians
The Night Agent
The Old Man
The Terminal List
Torchwood

Anime:
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun (original)
Slayers (all series)
Konosuba
Frieren
My Dress Up Darling
Spice and Wolf (original, need to see remake to see if it's good)
Full Metal Alchemist (original)
Lycoris Recoil

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

spirit1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Lights on Britbox. This is a police drama set in Belfast, N Ireland. There is currently one series with a second in the works.
We just finished watching Season 1 and really enjoyed it.
Well drawn characters and good storylines about young rookies and the more senior members trying to teach them the rules of the job...and how to stay alive.

spirit1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Really enjoyed the series. Half way through I realized who the grey haired chief inspector was!!! No spoiler here though.
Great series...I hear two more seasons are planned.