• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
On another note, what was the date of the next meeting. I will be in Orlando for August. Did you say it was then?

August 2, 2017 which is a Wednesday. I've only been to the last few owners meetings and they were on Friday. Maybe OP have been going to them longer than I have and can tell me if this midweek date is something new.

lcml11

Reaction score
I didn't say. I assumed May but someone else said August.

Dosent matter much to me any more

You of course can post anytime and on any subject you wish, without objection. I tried to limit this thread to just Wyndham owners and just those owners impacted by the suspension. That wasn't well received. Too many posts are from those watching this train wreck and rejoicing in our misfortune or from those that have no idea what they are talking about; and I'm not crazy about that. But, no matter, to maintain the sinking ship analogy, that ship has sailed

Hopefully, the ship is not sinking. Regarding your point number 6 above, mega renters may be a factor. I think this maybe possible because we have a few family members on deeds and some deeds are in the LLC Holding Company name. After working with Wyndam under the Voyager Preview feature to get different sign on paths for each owner, the issue was not resolved. My wife and I were permitted different log-ins. The LLC and owner entries on the old system that shows LLC involvement did not work. They contacted the site management people and they indicated this was a known issue. I still would not rule out the suspensions and to many points in some accounts are not related to the roll-out of Voyager in pieces.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hopefully, the ship is not sinking. Regarding your point number 6 above, mega renters may be a factor. I think this maybe possible because we have a few family members on deeds and some deeds are in the LLC Holding Company name. After working with Wyndam under the Voyager Preview feature to get different sign on paths for each owner, the issue was not resolved. My wife and I were permitted different log-ins. The LLC and owner entries on the old system that shows LLC involvement did not work. They contacted the site management people and they indicated this was a known issue. I still would not rule out the suspensions and to many points in some accounts are not related to the roll-out of Voyager in pieces.

You gotta catch up Robert. Read all 59 pages of this thread and I think you will see This was not about renting, mega or otherwise. That a number of us were caught in this net has to do more with the activity in the accounts. I.e. The number of cancellations we do and the number or reservations we make. That and the aggressive use of the credit pool to use future points today(without paying maintenance fees) Who sleeps in the units is not so important

Consider that 3 of my accounts were suspended and 3 were not. And all 6 were platinum accounts used for rentals what cause the three to be suspended had to have been something other than that they were used to generate a rental income, otherwise all 6 would have been suspended

And I know mega renters that were not affected and mega renters suspended in August but now "thawed" so they can go back to renting as well as owners that never rented but were suspended

Having said that. I think Wyndham was surprised that so many of the suspended accounts belonged to mega renters. And I think one reason resolution is taking so long is that they are using this mess to collect information on how we do what we do so they can come back in the future to make more rule changes to limit renting

Oh and be assured the Wyndham ship is not sinking

Last edited:

lcml11

Reaction score
You gotta catch up Robert. Read all 69 pages of this thread and I think you will see This was not about renting, mega or otherwise. That a number of us were caught in this net has to do more with the activity in the accounts. I.e. The number of cancellations we do and the number or reservations we make. That and the aggressive use of the credit pool to use future points today(without paying maintenance fees) Who sleeps in the units is not so important

Consider that 3 of my accounts were suspended and 3 were not. And all 6 were platinum accounts used for rentals what cause the three to be suspended had to have been something other than that they were used to generate a rental income, otherwise all 6 would have been suspended

And I know mega renters that were not affected and mega renters suspended in August but now "thawed" so they can go back to renting as well as owners that never rented but were suspended

Having said that. I think Wyndham was surprised that so many of the suspended accounts belonged to mega renters. And I think one reason resolution is taking so long is that they are using this mess to collect information on how we do what we do so they can come back in the future to make more rule changes to limit renting

Oh and be assured the Wyndham ship is not sinking

Good to hear that not all of your accounts are affected.

lcml11

Reaction score
Oh but they are. Because I disclosed them

Let no good deed go unpunished I think is the old saying.

Putting a bad joke aside, I think people are still better off in the long run to provide feedback on their accounts through the preview site.

This creates a record that hopefully problems can be properly identified and resolved.

The preview site, towards the bottom of the page, is indicating people should review their accounts.

Last edited:

happyhopian

Reaction score
August 2, 2017 which is a Wednesday. I've only been to the last few owners meetings and they were on Friday. Maybe OP have been going to them longer than I have and can tell me if this midweek date is something new.

HA HA - I WILL be there and have a load of questions to ask. Can't wait for that thread to open up (of course I'll have to ask for permission to post as I might only be to 90 posts by then)

lcml11

Reaction score
HA HA - I WILL be there and have a load of questions to ask. Can't wait for that thread to open up (of course I'll have to ask for permission to post as I might only be to 90 posts by then)

Suggest to whoever told you that to worry about other things.

Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access

There isn't an open question and answer period anymore. After lunch there are now small closed off areas for that. Wyndham suits were standing at the entrances of those areas. Not sure if their intent was to keep an eye out for troublemakers or to just keep the people getting wine, desserts and visiting the booths/tables from wandering in and disrupting things.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
There isn't an open question and answer period anymore. After lunch there are now small closed off areas for that. Wyndham suits were standing at the entrances of those areas. Not sure if their intent was to keep an eye out for troublemakers or to just keep the people getting wine, desserts and visiting the booths/tables from wandering in and disrupting things.
Do they at least tell you the topic discussed in each area?

Sent from my RCT6873W42 using Tapatalk

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Any one who has been responsible for a conversion from a legacy system to a "new" system knows the path we are on, and recognizes the warning signs when a migration starts heading toward the rocks.

There is a reason that when you go into some financial institutions you will see them running green screen applications on modern PC's. System migrations are very complicated, and a decent percentage never get to see the light of day. My former boss used to talk about how system migrations were like heart transplants - not everyone survives.

Be optimistic if you want, but based on my experience, none of the signs are positive. And rushing in a new system to solve a problem you seemingly cannot diagnose in the old system is a recipe for disaster. Simply because some developers will simply copy what the old system did, lacking the business expertise to build a better mousetrap.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
The cancel return routine hopefully will be redone or patched quickly so this ends.

Does the preview of Voyager show the same as the old system on this point?

There's no transaction component to the preview of the new system so we don't know.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Do they at least tell you the topic discussed in each area?

Sorry but I don't know. At lunch I've enjoyed talking to the people at my table and never joined the discussion groups. I always figured if there was anything said worth hearing someone on TUG would be posting about it.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry but I don't know. At lunch I've enjoyed talking to the people at my table and never joined the discussion groups. I always figured if there was anything said worth hearing someone on TUG would be posting about it.
This year may be different because of the suspensions but the question and answer sessions have been pretty predictable. There will be complaints about sales and someone will complain about fake service dogs. And of course high maintenance fees but most of the questions deal with individual problems

I've always been surprised at the number of VIPs that attend and that no one seems to know about the secondary market. Spend a few weeks on TUG and you will know more than nearly everyone there

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
This year may be different because of the suspensions but the question and answer sessions have been pretty predictable. There will be complaints about sales and someone will complain about fake service dogs. And of course high maintenance fees but most of the questions deal with individual problems.

I've always been surprised at the number of VIPs that attend and that no one seems to know about the secondary market. Spend a few weeks on TUG and you will know more than nearly everyone there

I agree with you about many of the owners at the annual meetings. It is kind of sad to see the number of attendees who listen intently like they are learning valuable information. The general meeting content can be summed up as look at how wonderful we are, Wyndham corporate we, what wonderful things we are doing for you and what a fantastic job we've done arranging this whole meeting for you (which of course we are paying for). Except of the reading of the budget which I think they are required by law to do in an open meeting, it is essentially just like any other big promotional marketing seminar. The purpose of it is to pump us up, give us some prizes, give us a nice free meal, have us visit the vendor tables to get our freebees and keep drinking that koolaid. I continue to go to the annual owner meetings because I do learn useful information from talking to the other owners and I truly enjoy meeting them.

Last edited:

lcml11

Reaction score
I agree with you about many of the owners at the annual meetings. It is kind of sad to see the number of attendees who listen intently like they are learning valuable information. The general meeting content can be summed up as look at how wonderful we are, Wyndham corporate we, what wonderful things we are doing for you and what a fantastic job we've done arranging this whole meeting for you (which of course we are paying for). Except of the reading of the budget which I think they are required by law to do in an open meeting, it is essentially just like any other big promotional marketing seminar. The purpose of it is to pump us up, give us some prizes, give us a nice free meal, have us visit the vendor tables to get our freebees and keep drinking that koolaid. I continue to go to the annual owner meetings because I do learn useful information from talking to the other owners and I truly enjoy meeting them.

I do not know Fl law but as a owner you can attend. The space is limited so all owners cannot attend even if they all wanted to.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not know Fl law but as a owner you can attend. The space is limited so all owners cannot attend even if they all wanted to.
I wonder how far one would have to park if all showed up? Let alone stay!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder how far one would have to park if all showed up? Let alone stay!

They will provide transportation from the resorts (maybe not reunion).

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Imagine what would happen if they did that on the WM side.

The room is only so big. So there are practical limits on attendence. I may be wrong about the number; I was responding to the post that talked about needing a lot of busses for a million owners.i do know they cut off registrations at some number and that the number is less than a million.

But your point is well taken. Wyndham did cut off registrations; Worldmark didn't and I'm sure you are right Worldmark owners would freak

I think the reason they can get away with an "everybody is welcome" policy at Worldmark is that almost nobody cares

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
The room is only so big. So there are practical limits on attendence. I may be wrong about the number; I was responding to the post that talked about needing a lot of busses for a million owners.i do know they cut off registrations at some number and that the number is less than a million.

But your point is well taken. Wyndham did cut off registrations; Worldmark didn't and I'm sure you are right Worldmark owners would freak

I think the reason they can get away with an "everybody is welcome" policy at Worldmark is that almost nobody cares
And I was merely poking at the comment on Florida law, everyone has the right to attend. I didn't think it was a voting meeting.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
And I was merely poking at the comment on Florida law, everyone has the right to attend. I didn't think it was a voting meeting.

As you know we don't vote at the club level. Can you imagine wmowners with no voting and no politics

We do of course have hoas and can vote at the resort level. We owners don't have much input there either because Club Wyndham Access owns enough that they control many of the hoas

CWA members do vote at the CWA meetings and there is one owner on that board

Status
Not open for further replies.