• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2010] - $20K for 7,000 at Hilton Club New York?

KathyA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on the big news and also on getting it in a timely fashion to cancel this transaction!

I'll be VERY curious to see whether Judy's sales pass ROFR.

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
congratulations, no matter how anyone justifies it, it is rarely, if ever, worth it to buy from the developer. You made a wise choice, good luck on ROFR.

criminal109

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently closed on the Hilton Club in NY. I purchased through Judi -- and she was great. A couple items, FWIW:

a) I passed ROFR ($1/point)
b) I haven't gotten my full materials yet, but spoke to a counselor (and was able to get online access through him). He mentioned HHonors gold that comes with the ownership at Hilton Club.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I recently closed on the Hilton Club in NY. I purchased through Judi -- and she was great. A couple items, FWIW:

a) I passed ROFR ($1/point)
b) I haven't gotten my full materials yet, but spoke to a counselor (and was able to get online access through him). He mentioned HHonors gold that comes with the ownership at Hilton Club.

Woo Hoo Congratulations :cheer: and Thanks for sharing ROFR info and confirming HHonors Gold :)

criminal109

TUG Member
Reaction score
And, it does say Gold under the HHonors number on the Hilton Club website.

KathyA

TUG Member
Reaction score
My materials say that Hilton Honors Gold does not transfer if you buy resale--it is only good for the person who bought from Hilton. Not saying they couldn't have overlooked it this time.......just reporting what my materials say.

With or without Hilton Gold, $1 per point is fantastic for The Hilton Club. Congratulations.

LondonAndy

Reaction score
I'm definitely not counting on getting Hhonors Gold. I'm about to hit Diamond for next year this week anyway, but it will expire in March 2012.

It would be nice, but as Judi said, you can buy a lot of upgrades and breakfasts for $14,000!

I'll let you know when/if it goes through.

kool_kat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Tuscany and HGVC at Flamingo; DVC at Bay Lake Towers
Do you know what last year's maintenance fees were for 7k points? Just curious, because at the prices Judi has, I would love to own in NY, but know maintenance fees usually run higher.

RoshiGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I had looked into this some time ago MF plus taxes were approx. $200 per 1000 points, around $1400 for 7000 points.

LondonAndy

Reaction score
Do you know what last year's maintenance fees were for 7k points? Just curious, because at the prices Judi has, I would love to own in NY, but know maintenance fees usually run higher.

Maintenance is $0.1971 per point, and RE Tax $0.0296 per point. For 7000 points the total is therefore $1,586.90. On top of this are club dues of c. $250 per year regardless of the number of points owned.

I've worked it out that given a purchase cost of $6,500 and the charges above it works out at c. $300 per night for a week in a 1 bedroom mid season.

This is cheaper, but not significantly so, than you'd pay for a large studio. Therefore at this price it is worth doing, but not at $21,000 without lots of extra perks!

This excludes the impact of inflation (both on maintenance and hotel room rates!).

criminal109

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just received a letter from HHonors including a Gold level HHonors card. Here's the beginning of the letter:

"Welcome to the Hilton HHonors at the elite Gold level, a benefit of your Hilton Club membership."

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought resale last year and got the Gold membersip. They sent 2 cards, one for me and one for my wife.

travelguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just received a letter from HHonors including a Gold level HHonors card. Here's the beginning of the letter:

"Welcome to the Hilton HHonors at the elite Gold level, a benefit of your Hilton Club membership."

Understand that this is HHonors "Gold" level and NOT HGVC "Elite" level. Confusing wording on the part of Hilton.

LondonAndy

Reaction score
Well, had an e-mail from Judi today saying "We passed - you should be getting the closing documents shortly".

So that's 7,000 HCNY points for $6,500, compared with $21,000 direct from Hilton (albeit without the extras Hilton were offering!).

Thanks for your help and support everyone!

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Well, had an e-mail from Judi today saying "We passed - you should be getting the closing documents shortly".

So that's 7,000 HCNY points for $6,500, compared with $21,000 direct from Hilton (albeit without the extras Hilton were offering!).

Thanks for your help and support everyone!

:cheer: Congratulations!! :cheer:

And Thanks for sharing the good news :)

namuh

Reaction score
Aren't the Hilton Club NY points "City Points", which are worth more than the normal club points? ie - those 7,000 city points would equate to over 10,000 HGVC points.

scott

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats - I pd $6000 resale for 5,000 points a couple of years ago. I do wish I had bought a 5,000 point package.

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually meant to say I wish I bought a 7000 point package. Starting this year point values were changed so it costs the same number of HGVC points to stay at other resorts.

LondonAndy

Reaction score
It's all gone through!

Well, I've had my membership number through, and logged on to the "My Hilton Club", and it looks like I did get my 7,000 points for $6,500!

Judi Kozlowski has a few more 7,000 point packages for $7,000 if anyone is interested....

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Congrats. Welcome to HGVC and TUG.

Hope both relationships are equally rewarding. It certainly looks like TUG has been worth it so far.

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, I've had my membership number through, and logged on to the "My Hilton Club", and it looks like I did get my 7,000 points for $6,500!

Judi Kozlowski has a few more 7,000 point packages for $7,000 if anyone is interested....

Congratulations! Now do not drink too many of those free beers and wine that they provide every evening!!:)