• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2009] Resort Consulting Group & Chalet High

Reaction score
Got the same letter today. Your right. With the BBB logo next to his signature how could you not trust him. If he had just closed with "God Bless" there wouldn't be any doubt.

pwilliam88

Reaction score
Transparency??

There is no transparency with any of these outfits. They give you no information and only get indignant when you ask questions. I have a question for them. According to the letter I received the resort consulting group has interviewed 1000 owners and 40% have taken the "deal". Is Evalley paying the 150 dollar special assesment x 400 and are they paying the annual maintenance fees on those same units they now own?? What is it they are actually doing to "save" the resort? As I said before,:annoyed: we walked out of our in person meeting after being called rude for asking questions, yet they continue to send letters for "another" meeting??? I believe the last thing the lady rep said as we were walking out the door was "I hope you like getting screwed with higher maintenance fees and special assessments!!"
Nice! I am no Mike Wallace, but it would seem they are all working together to get as much out of remaining owners before they belly up. Just a hunch.
Y'all keep posting and maybe we can solve this puzzle.

Bamboozled

Reaction score
There is no transparency with any of these outfits. They give you no information and only get indignant when you ask questions. I have a question for them. According to the letter I received the resort consulting group has interviewed 1000 owners and 40% have taken the "deal". Is Evalley paying the 150 dollar special assesment x 400 and are they paying the annual maintenance fees on those same units they now own?? What is it they are actually doing to "save" the resort? As I said before,:annoyed: we walked out of our in person meeting after being called rude for asking questions, yet they continue to send letters for "another" meeting??? I believe the last thing the lady rep said as we were walking out the door was "I hope you like getting screwed with higher maintenance fees and special assessments!!"
Nice! I am no Mike Wallace, but it would seem they are all working together to get as much out of remaining owners before they belly up. Just a hunch.
Y'all keep posting and maybe we can solve this puzzle.

I too received and listened to a webinar from a Chase Heatwole on 3-1-2010who said everything right about this worthless timeshare--how I can't get an exchange to poor management to properties that are in disrepair etc. He talked a good game but my wife pointed out that it was staged and rehearsed and if I was stupid enough to buy this piece of crap, would I also add insult to injury by forking over more $. As I did some research I stumbled upon this blog and noticed there is certainly a pattern of deception. What we were promised, both in writing and verbally, was all a lie: I don't have a great history of making good decisions, so I am pretty sure that whichever path I take will be wrong--but I think I will ride out the storm to see where it will take us. This Instant Escape thing or whatever it is called looks like another scam. Once bitten-twice shy.

CLEAN SL8

Reaction score
Sorry!!!

Hi all,
What a great discussion and thank-you for everyone's input. I wanted to let everyone know that while I am obviously now "the enemy" and probably looked at as gullible/dumb, I did in fact take eValley's offer to opt-out by paying them $2290. Beofr everyone jumps down my throat, please respectfully let me explain a few things and my rational:
-I originally paid $6000 for my timeshare 8 years ago and have exchanged my week every year. I have traveled the world and stayed in amazing locations each time with my family and the $6k investment has paid off 2-3 times over based on what i would have paid for rack rate condos in those locations.
-Our annual fees look to go up to $500+ each year (and god-knows how high after a restructuring occurs...which will occur as you are all aware from the comments on this thread). At these rates (or higher) there is no financial incentive for me to continue paying the $500+ MF plus the $150 annual Interval membership plus the $100+ exchange fee...this may reach $1000 annually once rates increase over time!
-Paying $2290 to wipe my hands clean of this liability creates a MAXIMUS return on investment of 3 years....not too bad to have peace of mind and ZERO uncertainty remaining.
-So I am clear, I know this is a total rip-off and opportunistic but the one thing it is not is a scam. My paymnet is protected by AMEX and if tehy do not follow-through on the deed exchange, I am protected liability wisse (I called AMEX in advance). ALL OF OUR BACKS ARE AGAINST THE WALL and since so many members have already taken the offer, the prudent thing is to "buy-out" now since they will likely hold 50% plus 1 and hold the majority vote. If you look at if financially, people like me are financing eValley's risk NOW since I am paying THEM to take teh property. This gives eValley the luxury of time to turn the property around without any financial risk...they improve thre property with zero initial capital on their end, use YOUR increaes in MF's to finance the improvements and then sell their "stakes" when the investment is stable and marketable again. I fully understand what is going on and I would rather pay a small lump some now instead of paying sizeable amounts every year without an end in sight.
-the fact that the "consulting group" is leaving in under 30 days tells (and going to Maine to start this process at another doomed resort) me that they are at or very near the 50% stake they need to have total controlling power over you. sorry to say but THAT is much scarier than a $2290 bill (in my humble opinion).
-once I called out the "consultant" on what they are really doing and let him know that I am fairly informed into their long-term strategy, he spoke very openly and candidly about their plans. It is actually a very intelligent and financially stable process they are undertaking. This type of thing happens all the time in the corporate world (think the movie "wall Street" with Michael Douglas and Charlie Sheen...this is not unlike a hostile takover in the corporate world and you are all the helpless shareholders taht cannotleaglly do anything about it.)
-On a final note, you need to go into this knowing that teh software is totally worthless if you can only vacation druing the "peak travel times" but if you are retired or have freedom to travel anywhere/anytime then it may actually be a stable investment for you.

Please go easy on me...I took the "safe" approach to protect myself and family long-term. You should do the same if you still can...

JR

CLEAN SL8

Reaction score
Sorry!!!

Hi all,
What a great discussion and thank-you for everyone's input. I wanted to let everyone know that while I am obviously now "the enemy" and probably looked at as gullible/dumb, I did in fact take eValley's offer to opt-out by paying them $2290. Beofr everyone jumps down my throat, please respectfully let me explain a few things and my rational:
-I originally paid $6000 for my timeshare 8 years ago and have exchanged my week every year. I have traveled the world and stayed in amazing locations each time with my family and the $6k investment has paid off 2-3 times over based on what i would have paid for rack rate condos in those locations.
-Our annual fees look to go up to $500+ each year (and god-knows how high after a restructuring occurs...which will occur as you are all aware from the comments on this thread). At these rates (or higher) there is no financial incentive for me to continue paying the $500+ MF plus the $150 annual Interval membership plus the $100+ exchange fee...this may reach $1000 annually once rates increase over time!
-Paying $2290 to wipe my hands clean of this liability creates a MAXIMUS return on investment of 3 years....not too bad to have peace of mind and ZERO uncertainty remaining.
-So I am clear, I know this is a total rip-off and opportunistic but the one thing it is not is a scam. My paymnet is protected by AMEX and if tehy do not follow-through on the deed exchange, I am protected liability wisse (I called AMEX in advance). ALL OF OUR BACKS ARE AGAINST THE WALL and since so many members have already taken the offer, the prudent thing is to "buy-out" now since they will likely hold 50% plus 1 and hold the majority vote. If you look at if financially, people like me are financing eValley's risk NOW since I am paying THEM to take teh property. This gives eValley the luxury of time to turn the property around without any financial risk...they improve thre property with zero initial capital on their end, use YOUR increaes in MF's to finance the improvements and then sell their "stakes" when the investment is stable and marketable again. I fully understand what is going on and I would rather pay a small lump some now instead of paying sizeable amounts every year without an end in sight.
-the fact that the "consulting group" is leaving in under 30 days tells (and going to Maine to start this process at another doomed resort) me that they are at or very near the 50% stake they need to have total controlling power over you. sorry to say but THAT is much scarier than a $2290 bill (in my humble opinion).
-once I called out the "consultant" on what they are really doing and let him know that I am fairly informed into their long-term strategy, he spoke very openly and candidly about their plans. It is actually a very intelligent and financially stable process they are undertaking. This type of thing happens all the time in the corporate world (think the movie "wall Street" with Michael Douglas and Charlie Sheen...this is not unlike a hostile takover in the corporate world and you are all the helpless shareholders taht cannotleaglly do anything about it.)
-On a final note, you need to go into this knowing that teh software is totally worthless if you can only vacation druing the "peak travel times" but if you are retired or have freedom to travel anywhere/anytime then it may actually be a stable investment for you.

Please go easy on me...I took the "safe" approach to protect myself and family long-term. You should do the same if you still can...

JR

MLynnEH

Reaction score
So, JR, can you give us details about the plans the consultant was so open and candid about? The other possible interpretation of your conversation with him is that RCG is trying to spur a stampede to take them from 40% to 50%+1. (Come to think, your doubled post could be part of that enterprise, especially since I got spammed by private message through this forum this morning by someone who wanted to buy my timeshare. But then, I've become a suspicious biddy in my old age.)

If you're one of the happy 400, good for you! I gather you're not expecting to vacation with Instant Escape. Like you, we bought our timeshare for a song a few years ago and have more than received value for our purchase since then. We could walk away tomorrow without feeling cheated in the slightest. But I dislike letting the ________ (you can fill in your own favorite epithet) win.

I haven't paid the surprise "special assessment" yet. I intend to write Mr Alexander with a few questions first.

MLEH

CLEAN SL8

Reaction score
MLEH,
My post and intentions are pure and I am in no way associated with eValley or the rest of those __________ (you fill in the blank!). I am by no means happy about the situation but I am at peace with my decision since I made (in my opinion) the "safest" long-term choice.

I inadvertantly made a double posting because I have never posted any comments on any message board before and admittedly have no idea what I am doing...i didnt even realize I could use spell check until now! I think when I signed up for TUG, it stated that users can email other users so please feel free to do so with any specific questions you may have. I will email you back on my work email so you can see i am not associated with these consultant scum.

From everything I gathered in my experience, I think these clowns have a legitimate (albeit disgusting and immoral) business plan and once their quota is filled at this resort, they take their team of locust "consultants" and will move to another financially distressed resort like Chalet High.

I fully realize my previous post may have created additional anxiety but from a certain standpoint, this resort has turned into a "pyramid scheme" of sorts and the people left with deeds when these rats leave town will be stuck picking up the peices financially. Makes one wonder if these guys took a play out of the "Madoff Book of Ethics and Economics"?

Given the overall state of our country's financial institutions, I actually have concerns about the long-term viability of the timeshare industry as a whole. Many people "finance" timeshares with home equity loans, credit cards, or other means (keep in mind, almost no otehr timeshares cost $5k-$8k like ours)and since those types of financing are no longer easily accessible for many Americans, it begs the question: who will buy all these deeds that people like me are dumping or abandoning across the country? I see these properties simply being available for rent to anyone who wants them vs being a vacation investment deeded to one owner for one week for 50 years. The properties may eventually all just be corporately owned and managed by the Hilton/Marriott's of the world with the "timeshares" being accessible the same way a hotel room is. How else can these places possibly survice otherwise economically? I guess what I am saying is that I feel there is a bigger issue longterm with the viability of the current timeshare business model and not just with Chalet High. The less owners their are at a given location, the less revenue available from MF's...that means they eitehr fold or raise MF's which creates a downward spiral. Just my thoughts...

Again, please dont hesitate to email me with any questions about my experience.

Reaction score
We own a pedestal house at Chalet High, gifted from my parents (now deceased) who purchased in 1984. I want to follow the discussion of ownership being date-limited, by quoting a rather long and convoluted sentence from our deed:

"Each Unit Week is succeeded by a succession of other Unit Weeks in consecutive and chronological order with possession of the Lot designated above, revolving among the owners of the other Unit Weeks described in the said Declaration in order annually; it being the intent of the parties hereto that each Unit Week shall be considered a separate estate held separately and independently by the respective Owner thereof for and during the period of time assigned to each such Unit Week in the said Declaration, each such estate bing succeeded by the next in unending succession governed by the said Declaration until 12:00 noon on the first Friday in the year 2040, after which date none of the said estates shall recur;"

I am not a lawyer (whew!) and I will be consulting one, but I believe that what that last phrase means is that after that first Friday, 2040, we no longer own the timeshare. Am I wrong? Who WILL own it on that day?

We have received all of the letters from eValley and RCG that others have discussed in this thread; I made and then broke an appointment for the webinar after reading this thread. My spouse has forbidden me to make any further payments to Chalet High, and wants to simply walk away and force them to foreclose.

So, MY question: What happens when we do this? We don't care about losing the timeshare, we don't care about not being RCI members anymore.

We owe no moneys on the unit other than maintenance fee for this year (ignoring the $150 request), we have stellar credit ratings, own our primary home with no mortgage, all kids raised and out of the house, etc., etc. Both of us still work full time, although that will be changing in the foreseeable future (turned 60 this year . . .)

Your thoughts, folks?:confused:

CLEAN SL8

Reaction score
My wife and I are in a much different situation (late twenties with one toddler) than you, so "buying-out" was our "safe" option. While I am not a lawyer nor have I consulted with one, I honestly feel your spouse is correct and you should simply stop all payments and walk-away. We 100% would have taken that approach if we weren't so young into our credit-bearing lives. Trust me...PAYING to get out of this mess was the LAST thing we wanted to do with our money right now but we figured it is not prudent to take a credit hit so yound into our adult lives. Plus, by time we consulted a lawyer and/or tried to sell and pay closing costs/re-conveyence fees it would be a wash either way. This was the fastest and easiest way to walk away and never look back. If I were in your shoes, I would not give them a penny and let the "new majority owners" eat that cost with the money they made off ex-owners like me. I would bet that it does not make financial sense for them to seek legal action against owners who are "behind" in their MF's (unless they can seek legal fees and interest, etc) so you are probably safe. I hope my experience and insight helps somewhat! Good-Luck!

garyashcraft

Reaction score
Are you serious???

We have been in contact with the Attorney General's Office's Common Interest Community Ombudsman, Department of Professional & Occupational Regulation (804-367-0373) several times over the past few months. They have had numerous complaints about Creekside Village and Chalet High and are investigating the situation. However, while they may be able to take regulatory actions against the management, they would probably not be able to assist the timeshare owners directly in getting our money back, and they suggest hiring an attorney. We are thinking about doing this, and were wondering if anyone would be interested in a few of us getting together to hire an attorney and file a class-action suit (or something of that nature)? Also, has anyone else hired an attorney or have one they would recommend?

Hello, everyone, I just received the same letter everyone has been describing. I had no idea Chalet High was in such bad shape. The letter I received today dated March 18th, 2010 if the first communication I have personally received letting me know there was anything wrong at all. Of course, I googled everything and found this blog. What are we all suppose to do? Just watch why they might leave us with nothing. Yes, if this does go down and the Attorney General in VA can not help, we all definitely should get together and file a class action suit. I would be more than happy to do that and try to get some of our money back. Also has anything had any trouble with doing any exchanges with II since all of this has happened? I read another quote that said if Chalet High gets down to a very low score that other resorts wouldnt allow exchanges and then you would certainly be screwed because you wouldnt be able to even exchange out. I have only been to Chalet High once since I bought and really didnt like it. Since then we have just always exchanged ours out for other locations. Any info about how to get involved with the lawsuit, just please pass it along.

Erlande

Reaction score
Acadia Resort Village - Maine

Hello, I just joined this forum today. I too received a letter from my timeshare regarding a meeting that will be hosted by RCG. We are in Maine and this came as a big surprise to me. The biggest surprise is that they will not give us any information as to what the meeting is all about. My husband and I must BOTH come...oooh, that remark brought dollar signs to mind. Only 6 persons at a time in each meeting...more $$$$. I told them that if this was some kind of ploy to get one cent out of us that I was going to be very angry. I resent having to drive to this meeting and resent the fact that this information can't be handled through the mail, as the letter was. I started 'googling' and found this forum, thank goodness! I was already suspicious but now I'm mad as a hatter. I called them back after reading what you all had to say. I was rudely told that I shouldn't base my 'uneducated and uninformed opinion' on a blog! Well, I have. And as you can see...the rudeness has begun. Seems are just beginning the pressure here at Acadia Village. At this point we are not going to attend their meetings. If there is any further information they wish for us to know, they can save us both some time and send it through the mail. Would love to hear the outcome of those of you earlier afflicted by this timeshare epidemic. :ponder:

Hello, everyone, I just received the same letter everyone has been describing. I had no idea Chalet High was in such bad shape. The letter I received today dated March 18th, 2010 if the first communication I have personally received letting me know there was anything wrong at all. Of course, I googled everything and found this blog. What are we all suppose to do? Just watch why they might leave us with nothing. Yes, if this does go down and the Attorney General in VA can not help, we all definitely should get together and file a class action suit. I would be more than happy to do that and try to get some of our money back. Also has anything had any trouble with doing any exchanges with II since all of this has happened? I read another quote that said if Chalet High gets down to a very low score that other resorts wouldnt allow exchanges and then you would certainly be screwed because you wouldnt be able to even exchange out. I have only been to Chalet High once since I bought and really didnt like it. Since then we have just always exchanged ours out for other locations. Any info about how to get involved with the lawsuit, just please pass it along.

Annoyed

Reaction score
At this point we are not going to attend their meetings. . :ponder:

Oh go ahead and go to the meeting and relish in the glory of saving other people their money when you ask difficult questions now that you are forearmed. Have fun with them and mention this thread.
By the way just for giggles you might want to check out the number of lawsuits against your timeshare in both the circuit and district courts. I did and boy did I find a number of people that are not happy.

Last edited:

Annoyed

Reaction score
I smell desperation, or is that my socks? Anyway, RCG has started cold calling, apparently they called my wife today asking if we had received the letters and if we wanted to have a telecon about the scam......I mean opportunity with evalley. Can't they even track a simple thing like who attends their meetings? And RCG says the owners association is disorganized.

strandlover

TUG Member
Reaction score
Chalet High TS on eBay

I just noticed that there is a Chalet High TS on ebay item #360260057550

The poor soul who is bidding is in for a surprise.

MLynnEH

Reaction score
Actually, the same seller has two Chalet High timeshares up for auction, and the same person has bid on both. Further, it appears that 80% of this particular bidder's bids are made on this particular seller's auctions.

Interesting, no?

MLEH

katej

Reaction score
We also received a letter today from Acadia Village Resort. We haven't called for an appointment and it doesn't sound like it would be any fun. We purchased back in the 90's and have used our week almost every year, but we certainly do not want to pay for them to take it back....

hfmcb

Reaction score
Acadia Village Resort, Ellsworth, ME

Hi, I’m responding to cellman54’s 5/11/09 posting and katej. This is my 3rd attempt at getting my email posted. Other than cellman54’s cut and pasted abbreviated post, I provided a short blurb from the Virginia BBB when I looked up Chalet High and look whose name came up… Jim Mason! Hmm, the guy who owns Infinite Escape. Also check out the link below.

A. Chalet High and Resort Consulting Group

Options:
1. Keep timeshare and ride out the storm.

2. Sell to E Valley L.L.C. (Internet based E-Bay seller and holding company with a local office in Harrisonburg Va.) Licensee of Infinite Escape software used to find vacation rentals.
They offer rentals at a discount not ownership, so there is no homeowner liability there.

There is a yearly membership and software licensing fee of $189.00.

I did a followup with the BBB of Harrisonburg Va online and found E Valley L.L.C. (Infinite Escape software) is owned by James Mason who is also the registered owner of resortconsultinggroup.net

Hope this helps
Last edited by cellman54 : May 11, 2009 at 12:06 AM. Reason: text wouldnt line up correctly

B. This came from the Virginia BBB where Chalet High was rated F
"According to information provided by Jim Mason, Chad Marketing has been dissolved and its assets have been purchased by Chalet High Management."

C. http://hburgnews.com/2007/10/26/junk-mail/ This link talks about Jim Mason’s ebay store. There also mentions the Massanutten TS.

Well Acadia Village Resort finally started getting bombarded with the infamous RCG letter. I received mine 5/15/10 and went to it thinking that it was a follow-up to a HOA meeting. About 2 or 3 years ago, we went to a HOA meeting and discussed the dismal financial situation of our resort thanks to our developer John Walker. He is at least $500K in debt and owes the IRS about $75K. Supposedly, the court route looked just as dismal or HOA can’t get off their duffs to get him there. It was a long meeting and my husband was too fidgety in those plastic chairs that it became distracting so I couldn’t remember too much. Our MFs were due to increase, which it had been for several years. Ours went from $188 in the late 80s to now $327. We bought the TSs for exchanging purposes.

The RCG presentation was led by Chase Heatwole with two other consultants, Jim Gray and Heath McKinnie. We were told pretty much the same stuff as what cellman54 mentioned, right down to the math. For our 2 TSs, we were offered $7000 towards the $9990 software license for Infinite Escape. We’d have to come up with the $2490.

Back around 1997, we thought of selling the TSs. I had asked the resort what they were worth and the we could sell both for $7K. We paid a bit over $5K/wk. If Walker ends up screwing the owners, we were told that we would be responsible for the debt, which was ~total of $750 to be tacked onto our existing MF. With an over 50 brain, and a little slow to react, the offer almost sounded good to get out. Thank goodness I found this website to check. I found this by Googling “Resort Consulting Group”.

What caught my attention was Heatwole had mentioned there was a resort that was going under because it had the lowest MFs and that was the trouble for the resort’s failure. By reading the emails, it sounded like he was referring to the Chalet High resort. He alluded to when the poop hit the fan, those who chose to stay and ride it out all started calling RCG wanting to know what to do.

So, my question, as of this writing on 06/05, what happened to all of you at Chalet High? Did a new developer come in and jack up your MFs twice as much like they said they would? We were told that the HOA was looking for a new developer and it will jack up our MFs to pay for the renovations.

We thought about foregoing on the taxes and MFs but we are in our 50s and have excellent credit. Also, our jobs depend on a clean credit report as well. So we can’t afford to do that.

Well me started to fill out the papers but thought twice about it. We do want out but this may not be in my best interest. UGH!

Anyone (this includes Chalet High folks too) care to weigh in? Katej you around?

pwilliam88

Reaction score
Hi all

I haven't been on site for a while and just wondering how all have been dealing with Chalet. Has anyone been down this year?? Wondering how all the improvements have taken shape, or were they even done?? Well I have to get back to my roof...winds and fallen trees have given me new skylights!! Look forward to hearing from y'all.:wave:

AkronOhio

Reaction score
M Fees

I received my yearly maintenance fee invoice this weekend and I didn't pay the $150.00 special assessment fee in February so that added it to my yearly fee. There hasn't been much talk lately, does anyone have an update?

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
We also received a letter today from Acadia Village Resort. We haven't called for an appointment and it doesn't sound like it would be any fun. We purchased back in the 90's and have used our week almost every year, but we certainly do not want to pay for them to take it back....

Kate, I'm at Acadia Village this week and will be checking things out. So far it looks like a variation of the PCC scam---scare tactics and a trade in for weeks towards the infinite escapes unsustainable membership.

hfmcb

Reaction score
Hey folks,
Thanks for starting back up.
Do you folks ever do exchanges or just go to Chalet every year?

I was able to get into the Infinite Escape website with cellman54's info. What they offer for places to go are not that great. There seem to be more hotel availabilities than condos. In fact, I checked the II directory. Though it may be thinner, there are newer resorts added. I checked St. Maarten because we were thinking of heading down there for the winter and noticed all kinds of resorts added. Some were missing but hey, maybe II was on the ball for courting newer places.

Anticipating the new MFs is a drag because we have to budget it in with 2 weeks. We'll probably sell off 1 of the TSs if we get another big assessment.

Someone please let us know what's going on at Chalet because what affects you folks may affect us in Maine.
Take care!

hfmcb

Reaction score
tonyg,
Are you staying at the older units 1-26?
If you are, what do you think of the condition of the place?

After the presentation ended, the RCG consultant came over to do his thing. When it was over, he did the car saleman thing by saying, let me go check and see what your TS was evaluated at. Then a few minutes he came back and said the 2 TSs together were worth $7K because they were the older units. I excused myself to go out front to ask the woman at the desk if our unit was unoccupied. Unfortunately, it was occupied.

When we first bought the TSs, we actually stayed there a few times and about 2-3 years ago, we stayed a night for the HOA meeting. The place really didn't change that much. It was certainly in much better shape than some of the other places we went to .

Let me know what you think. Maybe we ought to get WalMart into the TS resort business at the rate things are going!

MLynnEH

Reaction score
The $150 was tacked on to our maintenance fee, too. Other than that, I have heard nothing. The annual meeting of the HOA was supposed to be held sometime in May, but we didn't receive a notice about it this year, so I don't know whether one was even held, much less what if anything was decided there. We'll probably hear all about it the next time they come around for another "special assessment".

MLEH

klswift

Reaction score
I own a week at unit # 30 Chalet High and just returned from a weeks stay. This was the first year we've stayed at the unit since purchasing in the mid 80's. Although the interior has had few if any upgrades (still VCR), it seemed clean and dry. The exterior, on the other hand, has aged to different stages of rot. All of the units appeared to be in the same stage of disrepair. A Dan Logan from EValley came to schedule an appointment with me, but cancelled at the last minute. He did tell me that EValley has control of 400 weeks. He showed no interest in making a pitch or attempting to have me pay for buyout. It appears that EValley has control of the outdoor swimming pool. There is little I understand about the situation with Wayne Alexander and all other entities. I plan to write a certified letter to Mr. Alexander requesting financial statements for the past few years. I have payed thousand's of dollars in fees and there is NO indication that any of that money has been used to make improvements to the property. One of the issues that was mentioned in the special assement letter - to replace the polybutylene pipes - was not addressed. My unit still has these pipes. I am very familiar as I had a townhouse with the same issue. I would certainly like to know what organization within the state of VA would be a good starting point to investigate Mr. Alexander and the misuse of funds, etc.