• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
Reaction score
These days, using Zoom for family, school, churches, business, etc is exploding! I know the church I attend uses it for mid-week services, my cousin is a teacher in Indian Hills (outside Charlotte) NC, my other cousin is in Seminary, they all use it. My brother and sister use it so our neices/nephew can see each other. Some may wonder what the difference is between Zoom and GoToMeeting and WebEx: FREE for small groups of under 100. If you haven't got on the bandwagon yet, here are the ways you can download it:
And there are lots of tutorials, like this one.

TS

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
A group I belong to is contemplating using it for the monthly Happy Hour we do.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are actually doing this this afternoon for the first time. There could be 20 of us.

My nephew, my daughter in law have use this.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
My company converted from WebEx to Zoom late last year. The quality is better.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Reminder...The host should change the default setting to avoid attackers (aka Zoom bombers).

Brett

Reaction score
Reminder...The host should change the default setting to avoid attackers (aka Zoom bombers).

good point, everyone's using zoom .... but my mother's assisted living facility only uses apple's "face Time"

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Both of my grandkids are using zoom to interact with teachers and students. My grand daughter is in first grade and their teacher has the whole class for one lesson a day. My grand son is in preschool and the teacher has all the kids on zoom for a storytime every few days. We have happy hours and game nights with family and friends. Technology is a wonderful thing.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
We did it this past weekend and I will give it a passing grade of 95 out of 100.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
That was awesome. My siblings, kids/grandchildren, nephews, etc.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I am using Zoom for meeting with clients. It is working really well. I have not been disconnected and it is pretty clear with good audio. The main problem with Zoom is that I want to upgrade my account and it says I need to contact Sales for the type of account I want. I have emailed twice and no reply. I tried texting through Help and I was number 131 in the queue. They are certainly not prepared for the huge influx of new business. But at least the system works well. I have tried other smaller video services and have had disconnects, slowdowns, etc.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
My friend got a free account, and our group of friends have used it twice now.
But there is now a 40 or 45 minute limit per session if you have more than 2 people on.
When she first used it, she went more than an hour with another person, but seems
Zoom has tightened up on the usage.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
My friend got a free account, and our group of friends have used it twice now.
But there is now a 40 or 45 minute limit per session if you have more than 2 people on.
When she first used it, she went more than an hour with another person, but seems
Zoom has tightened up on the usage.

Yes the free account limits groups to 40 minutes. The paid Pro account is only $14.99 per month. Not too bad. I need a bigger account for my business and it is a minimum of $200 per month for a small business.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
We used Zoom for my MIL's 87th birthday. Great success!

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I've used Zoom for a couple of years to meet with conference partners, and my church started using it for worship services and other group meetings a couple of weeks ago. Even though my church's free account is limited to 40 minutes, we went longer both worship times.

nomoretslt

Reaction score
My Weight Watchers meetings are being done via zoom. It’s not the same, but we all have to deal.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
We did it this past weekend and I will give it a passing grade of 95 out of 100.
95 out of 100 is passing?
That is one tough grading scale? :)

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
95 out of 100 is passing?
That is one tough grading scale? :)

The statement didn't indicate 95 out of 100 is the minimum for passing!

I bet you weren't good at those math word problems! ;)

tompalm

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Motley Fools recommended it a while back. Wish I had bought it. It went from 50 cents to $10. Dream come true to have owned it at less than a dollar. it actually shot up to $60 one day.

Brett

Reaction score
The Motley Fools recommended it a while back. Wish I had bought it. It went from 50 cents to $10. Dream come true to have owned it at less than a dollar. it actually shot up to $60 one day.

just make sure you are buying the right "zoom" !

zoom_8-40-19.jpg

WSJ 3/27

Last edited:

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been using it a lot. I have several groups that are still meeting via Zoom. I had my birthday party the other night on it with my kids. One of my daughter's said my birthday party was lame, but I told her that it was going to be one of the most memorable birthdays of my life since we had it on Zoom. I've jut been using the free account. I was lucky that on my birthday, it let me stay on with my kids for 2 1/2 hours, but it does state that groups of 3 or more are limited to 40 minutes.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
The College of Charleston is using Zoom for online instruction. I had never even face-timed. I'm getting used to it but it makes me feel very vulnerable. Taking a test Monday was a challenge.