• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Zion or Bryce?

cheter

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you had only 2 days to check out south Utah, would you pick Bryce C. or Zion N.P., and why? Also, what airport is the closest to these parks? Thanks!! :)

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I vote for Bryce

Zion has grandeur, but Bryce is just beautiful - and unique.

Steve

Reaction score
Zion

Hi Cheryl,

If I had to pick just one, I'd choose Zion. It's simply beautiful. The hike into the narrows is just striking and distinctive and something you'll always remember...particularly if you continue past the first place where you have to wade into the river. The sheer canyon walls rising up for hundreds of feet above you on all sides...the canyon so narrow that it's only the width of the river. The brilliance of the red rock walls...the outcroppings of green foliage...the lush oasis in the desert. It's a study in contrasts

The drive up through the tunnel and over to Mount Carmel Junction on the east side of the park is also not to be missed. When you come out of the tunnel on the east side, it looks like you're in a cartoon. You half expect to see Fred Flintstone come driving along any minute. Very distinctive and fun and different.

Bryce is nice, too...but I like Zion better. In addition, Zion is more accessible from the interstate than Bryce...and that is helpful if you have limited time.

As for an airport, both parks are closest to St. George...but that's a small airport with very limited flights. The closest major airport would be Las Vegas, NV.

Steve

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have spent a lot of time hiking both. Which one is nicer is a matter of preference. Bryce will have better views and scenery without doing any hiking. You can walk along the rim for spectacular views of the canyon.

At Bryce the visitor center and lodge is near the rim of the canyon and the views are looking down. At Zion you are at the bottom of a valley looking up. The Narrows is a spectactular hike through slot canyons. It is a difficult 16 mile one way hike in and out of water that takes two days unless you really giddy up, which we didnt.

Zion has many short hikes as well but if your not going to hike up to either Observation point or Angels Landing you will probably find the views and scenery better in Bryce.

You will also be near Grand Staircase-Escalante National monument. A striking barren landscape for miles, with many out of the way slot canyons and hiking trails.

sierrasue50

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bryce!!!

To me there is no comparison! I LOVE Bryce Canyon. Zion to me is like many other Mountain Parks. The mountains go up, it is beautiful! But Bryce? You're on flat land, and all of a sudden the earth just opens up and it is Incredibly Awesome below. When we first stood on the edge and looked down I looked over at my husband and he had a tear in his eye!
Go to Bryce! You won't regret it.

cheter

TUG Member
Reaction score
There're both beautiful!

There're both beautiful! My decision is Bryce, but I don't think 2 days is enough. We will be staying at Park City, Circle J Club @ Jeremy Ranch, arrival 5/27. I think what we will do is fly out the 25th, try to get to Salt Lake by 1:00pm, and head down to Bryce. I'm sure I can find a hotel somewhere near by, or does anyone have a suggestion on where to stay for $100. a day or less. I thought about going at the end of our stay 6/3, but to chance a 6 hour drive back to Salt Lake is scary, I'd be afraid I'd miss my flight! :eek: My search for 2007, is now going to include, St. George and Brian Head! Thanks to All! :)

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Check out the prices of the Bryce Canyon Lodge. They may be close to your price and well worth it if a little more.

gshipley

TUG Member
Reaction score
We went to Bryce Canyon for a few days a couple of years ago and stayed at the local lodge. We had a wonderful trip and would go back in a second.

tustinbells

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at Ruby's Inn (Best Western) which is right outside the park.

http://www.rubysinn.com/

The park system shuttle stops right out front, and drives you right into the park. The restaurant was good, the room was fine. If you have time, the rodeo is a fun evening diversion.

Take the bus tour to the top of the canyon, but bring a jacket - the temperature drops and the wind picks up. But the view and the ranger information is wonderful. I agree that Zion is beautiful, but Bryce is just breathtaking and amazing. Enjoy.

scrapbook nut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I vote for Bryce!

I've been to many of our national parks and Bryce is hands-down my favorite place. It's amazing. You need to see the colors change at sunset -- just incredible. Whether you plan on hiking or not -- this would be my choice.