• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Zihuatanejo -general questions

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
Two very seasoned international travelers leaving shortly for a birthday week at this part of Mexico, although have not been there for several years. We will be at La Casa Que Canta and wonder if there are safety concerns?

We are well aware of all the usual measures, but OK to walk from the hotel into town? (It is close to Embarc fyi). Not the paranoid types; just trying to get up to speed! We are planning taxis mostly, but I would like to do some walking!

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
If Zihua is anything like Cabo in COVID19 Protocols you will be very safe.

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We were in this area around 2 years ago staying at the worldmark resort. Felt totally safe and we either walked, took local buses, or grabbed a cab back to our resort. The main reason we took a cab back is our resort was up around 300 stairs. Very quiet laid back vibe which we love. To get a sense of what we like we prefer San Jose del Cabo over Cabo, feel that Playa del Carmen has been ruined for years, andprefer Puerto Vallarta's charm over Nuevo Vallarta's luxury.

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Jodyv

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow. That resort is gorgeous. Do you own there or use a trade?

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
I'm an Embarc member, go to Zih regularly with my sister in law. We find it very safe in the area and generally go everywhere on foot during the day. That said however, when night falls we use taxis to get back to the resort unless we're right close (Orient Bay, Il Mare). Taxis are very inexpensive - there's a taxi stand right next to the Casa Que Canta, very convenient. Most Embarc members I've talked to do the same - walk by day, taxi at night.

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm an Embarc member, go to Zih regularly with my sister in law. We find it very safe in the area and generally go everywhere on foot during the day. That said however, when night falls we use taxis to get back to the resort unless we're right close (Orient Bay, Il Mare). Taxis are very inexpensive - there's a taxi stand right next to the Casa Que Canta, very convenient. Most Embarc members I've talked to do the same - walk by day, taxi at night.

Thanks you cd5 and would not be much for walking at night even at home! I have been interested in checking out the Embac. We have traded into a few of them and love the resorts, although I think they are hard to trade into even with Four Seasons time to trade (Diamond seems to have its own trading system that they prioritize using from what I can tell).

Thanks also for listing some nearby places; I am sure La Casa has a great restaurant, but we probably don't want to eat there every night.

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
Thanks you cd5 and would not be much for walking at night even at home! I have been interested in checking out the Embac. We have traded into a few of them and love the resorts, although I think they are hard to trade into even with Four Seasons time to trade (Diamond seems to have its own trading system that they prioritize using from what I can tell).

Thanks also for listing some nearby places; I am sure La Casa has a great restaurant, but we probably don't want to eat there every night.

Embarc isn't really in the Diamond exchange system yet, although this year there's a change and many members have deposited expiring points in Destination Xchange (DEX) Diamond's exchange system. Most Embarc members have exchanged with Interval in past years (and are getting the independent membership this year). You'll also see some with SFX as well now, athough Zihuatanejo is not one of the places that is exchanged as a rule (usually Whistler, Palm Desert and Tremblant). The developer does rent out units too on third party websites.

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc isn't really in the Diamond exchange system yet, although this year there's a change and many members have deposited expiring points in Destination Xchange (DEX) Diamond's exchange system. Most Embarc members have exchanged with Interval in past years (and are getting the independent membership this year). You'll also see some with SFX as well now, although Zihuatanejo is not one of the places that is exchanged as a rule (usually Whistler, Palm Desert and Tremblant). The developer does rent out units to on third party websites.

Helpful to know that it can exchange through II. What confused me is that TUG has this category in the timeshare list: Diamond Resorts International / Embarc Resorts.

We have exchanged into Embarc in Canada (Panorama) and Palm Desert and have really liked them. I figured ZIH would not be easy to get since it is only 72 units.

bjones9942

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lindo Mar, Puerto Vallarta; Lake Tahoe Beach & Ski, South Lake Tahoe
I was in Zihuatanejo last fall. Beautiful area, and I felt very safe. Have a great time (if you haven't already)!