• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

YOU'RE NOT A TRUE CANADIAN UNLESS YOU'VE BEEN TO 9 OF THESE 14 ICONIC LANDMARKS

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
Been to 5, so I guess I’ve got 4 to go to be a True non Canadian Canadian.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I am missing the moose. But have been to the rest.

If the moose is on the list, why is the goose in Wawa. I have been to that.

1617639400830.png

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think I've seen the moose, and I know I haven't been to hopewell rocks, and it was a long time ago that I was in Newfoundland so not sure I did jellybean row. Who knows it may not even have existed then. Also although I've been to Quebec City not sure I was in that exact spot. SO I've really only totally missed hopewell rocks and the other 3 I've been to the cities but not sure I visited the exact spot mentioned. If they'd have included places in the north my tally would have been less. Hoping to get back to Newfoundland to see iceberg alley and Gros Morne National park and the other things that I missed the first time. Since I hitchhiked across the province I felt it was too risky to try to get to Gros Morne since families didn't tend to pick up hitchhikers.
Joan

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been to 12 of the 14. And growing up in Moose Jaw, I have to say that Mac the Moose really isn't that a big deal to locals :)

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I'm nowhere near being a Canadian of any kind but I have caught Tyee in Campbell River more than a few times. My youth hockey team beat Vancouver BC's team every time we played. Hmmmmmm , well that's about it until the border opens, eh.

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
So your the reason Campbell River is no longer the salmon capital of the world. Thanks Bill ;)

You are welcome. :) I have my doubts that Campbell River was ever the Salmon Capital of the World but it's way easier fishing waters than Ucluelet.

Bill

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
What can I say? I've been to all 14, including Mac the Moose! So as a fifth generation Canadian, I guess I must be a true Canadian!!

There are some additional "iconic" places that could easily be added to the list, IMO. Some have already been suggested by other posters, but three come readily to mind, the giant nickel in Sudbury, Ontario, Peggy's Cove lighthouse in Nova Scotia, and Signal Hill in St. John's, Newfoundland.. :D

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
What can I say? I've been to all 14, including Mac the Moose! So as a fifth generation Canadian, I guess I must be a true Canadian!!

There are some additional "iconic" places that could easily be added to the list, IMO. Some have already been suggested by other posters, but three come readily to mind, the giant nickel in Sudbury, Ontario, Peggy's Cove lighthouse in Nova Scotia, and Signal Hill in St. John's, Newfoundland.. :D

I am first generation Canadian, and I have been to the these 3 additional items you mentioned as well. Still missing the Moose However.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score

I have been to those 3 as well. Hockey Hall of Fame could be added. Not sure how Montreal as a city counts but I would have chose "old Quebec" as the place not a specific spot. Whistler, something actually in the North. I did Gros Morne hike twice in 3 days, a lot of fun but not sure it cuts the mustard. Calgary Stampede and or West Edmonton Mall.

But are not all Canadians true Canadians? Even the ones who would fight against Canada.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Hmm. I'm not Canadian, unless you count all those cousins from my maternal great-grandmother's side of things, so I'll keep my Yank status. But I've been to three of them. Stanley Park, Niagara Falls (both the US and the Canadian side of the line), and I've seen the Northern Lights many times, (in Alaska, British Columbia, and even in extreme Northwest Washington.) So there's that.

Banff and its surrounds are on my bucket list. I want to do it in connection with one of the Trans-Canada railroad tours. Someday. :thumbup:

Dave, the Yank ;)