• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Your Vistana Falls makeover

timbuktu

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received a letter in the mail about this new makeover for Sheraton's Vistana Falls.
I heard rumors about it six months ago.
Are they trying to lead up to a big assesment ? I hope not.
Does anyone have any imput on this ?

iluvwdw

Reaction score
I was just at Vistana 8/18-8/24. At my owners update, I was informed that the whole resort will be updated. All areas of the resort will be getting assessments. How much? No clue...

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
Below is information from mystarcentral.com (there are also before and after pictures that you can look at once you log on):

4 More Phases to Approve Refurbishments
Owners Eager to See More Improvements at Sheraton Vistana Resort

Following in the footsteps of the Lakes phase, four more phases at Sheraton Vistana Resort in Orlando, Florida, plan to officially approve major, multi-million dollar refurbishments, enabling thousands of Owners to enjoy their vacations in the most modern accommodations.

The boards of directors of the Fountains, Fountains II, Springs and Falls phases are unanimously supporting the generous renovations, which will deliver granite countertops, upgraded cabinets and furniture, electronic packages, new linens, lighting and more. "I believe you've got to maintain the resort and a person's investment in their unit," said Brian Bourbeau of Canada, a Springs board member and 18-year multiple villa Owner. "It's a home away from home and we should continue to make it feel that way."

Because of the different number of villas in each phase, refurbishment costs will vary. The current estimates are $7.3 million for the Springs, $8 million for the Falls, $10.5 million for the Fountains II and $16 million for the Fountains. Each renovation will take approximately four to seven months and will be funded with accumulated reserves as well as a small refurbishment fee to phase Owners.

"We don't pretend that these projects and the corresponding fees are inexpensive, but when you compare the appearance of a refurbished villa to its cost, it is well worth the money," said Shawn O'Brien, Starwood Vacation Ownership Director of Board Relations.

Villa models exist for all four phases, and visiting Owners can now register for a sneak preview tour by stopping by the Reception Center. The models were designed by Tampa, Florida-based Images Gallery & Design, the remodeling expert also responsible for recent refurbishments of Sheraton Desert Oasis in Arizona and Vistana's Beach Club in Florida. The company's work at Vistana's Beach Club earned the resort an award in the best refurbishment category of the 2007 American Resort Development Association Awards. The models highlight the elaborate improvements, which include:

* Granite countertops, upgraded cabinets and ceiling fans
* Stylish dining sets, bar stools, bedroom dressers and nightstands
* Comfortable queen sofa beds, coffee tables and sleek lounge chairs
* Cutting-edge, 42-inch LCD televisions with Bose® entertainment systems
* Modern linens, tasteful window treatments and lighting packages
* A contemporary style with fresh paint, new trim and carpet

"As you see the neutral colors, warm woods and overall beauty of the villas, you quickly understand the long-term value of these upgrades," said Resort General Manager Glen Vlasic. "It's going to provide years of positive experiences for not only our Owners but also their children and other family members who travel with them."

Additionally, the boards of directors at Cascades and Courts have approved construction of model villas and plan to survey them in December. Board members of the remaining phase, Spa, plan to discuss a refurbishment in future meetings.

Both new and long-time Owners at Sheraton Vistana Resort are proud of their resort. As standards are elevated to meet modern expectations, you'll enjoy a superior vacation experience and increased trading power.