• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Your recommendations for 3 or 4 nights in Spain or Portugal

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
We booked a week at MVC Son Antem in Mallorca in mid-May, 2023. DW and I are considering staying in Spain or Portugal 3 or 4 nights before we fly to Mallorca. The only places we've visited in Spain are Barcelona and Catalonia. We hope to spend a week at MVC in Costa Del Sol in the next few years and we will visit Southern Spain at that time.

Originally, we planned on spending those extra days in Madrid, but I'm wondering if we should consider another place or places for a 3 or 4 night stay before flying to Palma.

We'd appreciate your recommendations and thank you.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I have only been to Madrid once. But I absolutely loved it. I can spend days in the Prado.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Hard to go wrong. Lisbon is great, as is Madrid, and the smaller cities in Spain (Bilbao, etc). Since you're flying from NY (I assume) you could also take a nonstop to Ponta Delgado and explore the island for a few days (it's a great place), and then continue on.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lisbon and Madrid are both great. My most recent visits to both were on business, but I have done leisure travel to both several times.

evansemma

Reaction score
It's hard to choose between these two options, but I've been to Portugal and definitely recommend going there. If you are going to spend 3-4 days there, you can rent a car and go on a mini-trip. I especially recommend visiting the Santa Engracia church in Lisbon

Last edited by a moderator:

nerodog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi there... we just returned from Madrid and absolutely loved it. A very walkable city with lots of great side trips to Segovia, Avila and toledo . I'm in Lisbon and yes its another nice place to visit and spend time. Again side trips to Sintra or Cascais.

I

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
I'm in Madrid now and enjoying it. It's worth about three days though, then time to move on.

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Club Son Antem, Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, Marriott Vacation Club @ Los Suenos, MVC points, Sheraton Lakeside Terrace, Sheraton Flex, Westin Flex, Aventuras
If you are ever there over a weekend go for dinner at the Hotel Opera. They do a three course menu for groups or alacart if you are on your own or two people. The waiters sing during the latter part of the evening and most of them are budding opera singers. It is truly worth the effort.

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
We're just finishing three days in Malaga. Yesterday we took a tapas tour of the historic city which was very enjoyable.