• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Your pick for southern calif coastal - RCI or II

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Dave no way!?

My favorite time of year to visit Southern California is the middle two weeks of September. Weather is still great, kids are back in school, crowds are down a bit (except on weekends), and it's a more relaxed pace.

I agree with CathyB about the Carlsbad resorts. Nice and close to everything. But if you expect to spend more time down south of there, San Diego has a number of great places to stay, and it's only about 30 miles away.

I enjoyed the convenience and location of Coronado Beach Resort so much when we stayed there a few years ago, I just bought a biennial week there. (Gotta love that eBay $1 winning bid...) :cheer:

Dave

Did you really steal Coronado Beach -- what month and how big? You lucky guy!:cheer: Check out Grand Pacific's exchange company (we own a sister resort, Carlsbad Inn) -- they have some good stuff that you can see online before you book it. Cathy in Carlsbad

Cathyb

TUG Member
Reaction score
CA water temperature

No, the waters off the CA coast never get warm. Our East Coast Atlantic beaches get warmed up with the Gulf stream, the Pacific doesn't have anything similar warming theirs up.

Another reason Southern California ocean waters don't get real warm is that our weather rarely gets to 90 degrees.

Cathyb

TUG Member
Reaction score
SoCal Weather

http://www.wunderground.com/NORMS/D...me=San_Diego&StateCode=CA&Units=none&IATA=SAN

Here is the historical weather for San Diego and it looks like Aug. and Sept. have the most consistently warm weather. The Oct. Avg. is 10 degrees lower.

Right on, Denise -- for most years. This year was weird. We had no warm months except one week was over 100 and our mid-October this year has given us lightning and thunder!!! Who knows, we may have a 'white' Christmas with this screwy weather :)

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another reason Southern California ocean waters don't get real warm is that our weather rarely gets to 90 degrees.

Did you already forget that 113 we had here a couple of weeks ago!!! :eek: ;) :eek: :)

(but just to ad, it's been raining here the last few days now)

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Did you already forget that 113 we had here a couple of weeks ago!!! :eek: ;) :eek: :)

(but just to ad, it's been raining here the last few days now)

But luckily, that's not normal, nor did it last for days and days and days.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
My favorite time of year to visit Southern California is the middle two weeks of September. Weather is still great, kids are back in school, crowds are down a bit (except on weekends), and it's a more relaxed pace.

I agree with CathyB about the Carlsbad resorts. Nice and close to everything. But if you expect to spend more time down south of there, San Diego has a number of great places to stay, and it's only about 30 miles away.

I enjoyed the convenience and location of Coronado Beach Resort so much when we stayed there a few years ago, I just bought a biennial week there. (Gotta love that eBay $1 winning bid...) :cheer:

Dave

Okay, now if I see this one back on Ebay I may have to pull the trigger.

Congrats, an EOY really is a nice option and it's such a great location.

Bev

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Welk?

If the beach is a must have, this won't work but we loved the Welk resort. Of course we are - ahem - older with no kids, but they have a great pool area, weather is great, easy drive to San Diego, doable to LA/Anaheim, maybe with an overnight stay.

One of our favourite timeshare stays.