• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Your Opinions on DAE's NEW Website

Ask DAE

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been a GOLD member with DAE for a while. I also DON'T like the new website, especially the removal of the search for all resorts within one location.

I've been happy with the availability of units in my preferred location. However, for the past few years, the service has gone down considerably - it's very difficult to get hold of someone (there is a standard voicemail that says we are experiencing a high call volume), and if you do, they're not that helpful. I'll most probably NOT renew the GOLD membership going forward.

Hi, @travel maniac, thank you for sharing your experience, sorry it wasn't such a positive one!
In regards to your search enquiry, a little tip here is suggesting you set you the end date in months away on your search (i.e. Making your travel date range from today, until January). If you do it, you will be able to see all inventory available in that period and probably access more options for you. :)

Remember, Gold Advantage gives you many benefits, such as:
-10% discount on every exchange fee
-10% discount on bonus week bookings Exchange access to non-timeshare resorts in top destinations
-14 day advanced access to newly released weeks Priority request waitlist for popular resorts and dates

And at moment we have a special deal where you can renew your Gold Advantage at $10 off the standard price!
You can see the offer by clicking here!

As an alternative contact, you can also talk with us through Social Media and email infousa@daelive.com.

Thank you, @travel maniac

Ask DAE

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am also a DAE Gold member. It is highly unlikely I will be renewing my Gold membership. I was debating on this decision for a while now because DAE has not been able to match hardly any of my search requests. Now with this new website, I am leaning more towards of nixing DAE altogether. Don't get me wrong. The website looks neat and clean. I just do not like the search format. Why are we not able to search "All" regions at the same time anymore? It is extremely time consuming to have to keep going back to search different areas. Why the 6 months search limit? Are gold members still seeing new inventory 2 weeks prior to it being released to the free members? As it stands now, I am hardly seeing ANY inventory at all.

NEW WEBSITE = MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT :bawl:

Hello, @bigeyes1 thank for your comment. We are glad that you like the new visual of our site. As we mentioned to @travel maniac, a good option to access more inventory is during your search to set you end date in months away on your search (i.e. Making your travel date range from today, until January). If you do it, you will be able to see all inventory available in that period and probably access more options for you.
Another advantage of the new site is now, you can search for all weeks types together, instead of all regions. You to access more inventory, consequently, increase the chances to find what you are looking for.
We created a landing page with some tips to help you with your search, you can click here to access it.

travel maniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, @travel maniac, thank you for sharing your experience, sorry it wasn't such a positive one!
In regards to your search enquiry, a little tip here is suggesting you set you the end date in months away on your search (i.e. Making your travel date range from today, until January). If you do it, you will be able to see all inventory available in that period and probably access more options for you. :)

And at moment we have a special deal where you can renew your Gold Advantage at $10 off the standard price!
You can see the offer by clicking here!

As an alternative contact, you can also talk with us through Social Media and email infousa@daelive.com.

Thank you, @travel maniac

How is this supposed to help me - did I mention anything about searches ? Not sure if you even read the posts! Do you even acknowledge the bug limiting the searches for six months?

Oh yes, and I'm supposed to change my mind and jump on renewing the gold membership because of the GREAT offer of $10 off?!!!!!!!

Unbelievable!

Ask DAE

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with @eschjw that there are some helpful new features, especially being able to exclude all-inclusive resorts and selecting by date range. Since I had traded into Mexico a few times, it is great to be able exclude all-inclusives as they made up about 90% of the availability in some parts of Mexico which made it harder to find the non-all-inclusives.

I also disagree with some of the negative posts about DAE in 2018. Inventory was very low, but seems to have gotten better. I've had good success over the last 20 years getting trades through them including two in the last 7 months. Both were from a deposit one week and get two weeks promotion from about 3 years ago. I had a match came through for an April 2018 ski week at Whistler that I had been requesting for a couple years. Not only did we have great snow, but our week included the start of the World Ski and Snowboard Festival that had free concerts and other events. Yesterday, I returned from a week at Cachet Beach, formerly Cabo Villas Beach Resort, that is in the middle of Medano Beach and next to Hacienda where condos are $2-5M. Since we traded in, we did not get much of a view (although I saw worse units), but we did get a huge 1 bedroom with 2 very nice bathrooms and a large outdoor space with seating for about 20 people next to the adult pool.

I had not had problems contacting DAE and they have been contacting me to offer weeks that match my searches even though I do not have any banked weeks remaining. Also, when I went to print my confirmation about 4 PM on the day before I left for Cabo. I realized they had never sent me one (I had previously held another Cabo exchange before seeing and booking Cabo Villas) and I was unable to get their system to send me one. Even though it was late on Friday and they never had this problem or done it with their new system, after a long phone call, they were able to send it to me later that afternoon.

Hi @tseebach, we are happy to hear your experience with DAE and you liked the new website. :)
During the website creation, we researched the main needs and what would be useful for our members and the possibility of excluding all-inclusive resorts was something specially prepared to help in your search. Good thing that you enjoyed!

We apologize for the inconvenience that happened to you about email confirmation, this should not happen. That's great that we were able to solved it in time and didn't cause any trouble to your trip.

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts.;)

Ask DAE

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are several new features that I like. The date range search range feature is a welcome addition and the graphics are nice and clean. The ability to see exchanges, bonus, rental and DAE Option weeks all on one search is nice. Also appreciated is the ability to exclude inclusive resorts. I did notice the collections feature and the ability to move beyond 6 months after editing the initial search. Why have the date limit on the first search?

Here are a few things that I would like to see improved.

1. When choosing areas to search, the new interface forces you to click on a single area and drill down. If area boxes could be checked instead then multiple areas could be searched at the same time. Please get away from only using click and drill down as your main way of site navigation.
2. Add an all check box on all appropriate pages.
3. The search areas for the US have changed and some of the states have moved around in the areas. I have had to hunt but I have finally figured it out.
4. I would really like the ability to search a country by: all, an area(s) or a finer grain subdivision such as a state(s). But PLEASE implement this as a check box and not as a drill down feature.
5. I miss seeing the sold inventory because most requests are filled prior to listing on the site. If you don't list sold then I don't even know that these resorts have been available and may be available in the future.
6. What in the world is the sort order for the results page?

Is there still a 2 week hold on inventory before it becomes available for non gold members? I do not see that distinction any more. That's all for now and I hope you set a goal of continuous improvement for your site.

PS: tell Bonnie I said hi and thanks for her help on filling my requests. Joe

Hi @eschjw , thanks for commenting! How cool is that! You are already a DAE's website expert!

We have been worked very hard to offer you the best experience possible, nice to see you are happy with the changes.

In regards to your feedback:
- That's a good point about the weeks sold, we'll share it with IT team.
- Gold Advantage, still the same, 14 days in advanced access to newly released weeks, nothing has changed related to that.
- We are aware of the 6 months period is a limitation for your search, we are working on it.

And yes, we'll send your hi to Bonnie. :)

Nice to chat with you, Joe.

Ask DAE

TUG Member
Reaction score
How is this supposed to help me - did I mention anything about searches ? Not sure if you even read the posts! Do you even acknowledge the bug limiting the searches for six months?

Oh yes, and I'm supposed to change my mind and jump on renewing the gold membership because of the GREAT offer of $10 off?!!!!!!!

Unbelievable!

Hi @travel maniac,
We apologise, when we read your first comment, we didn't have the chance to read your second one about the error limiting the searches for six months.
This shouldn't be happening, we are working on it. Thank you, DAE Team

tseebach

Reaction score
Just so people don't think I'm only an apologist (or even worse a shill for DAE), I did recently do some searching and ran into a limitation that was not in the old system. To search for Spain, you have to know that it under Southwest Europe and Atlantic, then your choices are Andorra, Canary Islands, France, Madeira, Portugal and Spain. What happened to being about to select Balearic Islands?

And what happened to the inventory? I traded into different ends of the Costa del Sol for a week at each place in early Summer 2005 and into Ibiza in October 2009. The only availability I can see in Spain for a 6 month period beginning May 1, 2019, is two rentals in Lanzarote (Canary Islands which I would prefer to exclude from my search) and one in Costa Del Sol. The rental weeks are all for late Spring. I don't have anything banked so not ready to make a request until January, but maybe that is the only way to get in.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
It's been a while since I did an exchange or purchased a bonus week from DAE. The last time I booked every exchange was also available as a bonus week as long as it was within 6 weeks. The closer to check in the lower the price.
I was looking at January in the mid atlantic. Very off season. There are 67 exchanges available and only 1 available as a bonus week- a studio for check in 17 days from today for $299.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I also have gold advantage select though sometime in 2020 but it doesn't seem to be a thing anymore as the only upgraded membership mentioned on the website is gold advantage.

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
I liked the old website much better because you could more readily scroll through the options and the newer inventory was highlighted.
I'm not sure why they think that this is an improvement.
agree

bigeyes1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
DAE,

Can we pleeeeease bring back the "ALL" search option where we can search each country at once? it is too time consuming to have to search each area separately. And admittedly, I don't know all the geographical locations of our world. :(