• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Your Day at Disney Theme Parks Is About to Change in a Big Way

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
I’d like to go back someday, but it is just getting too complicated.

Too complicated & too expensive.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
The loss of spontaneity in amusement parks is emblematic of our culture.
Now you have to plan where and when you'll spend nearly every moment.

The days when you could simply "take the road less travelled by" have
been replaced by an online Genie.

Last edited:

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
The loss of spontaneity in amusement parks is emblematic of our culture.
Now you have to plan where and when you'll spend nearly every moment.

The days when you could simply "take the road less travelled by" have
been replaced by an online Genie.

Its funny, because while this is true, one of the biggest groups complaining about this is the super-planers who can no longer book their Fastpasses months in advance and have everything planned out in advance.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score

Too expensive. too complicated and too many people.
Does Disney offer any seniors discounts ????

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score

I've used MouseWait since 2016, and Genie seems to me an in-house version of that. Genie+ adds pay-for-time to that. It is more complicated than walking into the park with empty hands like we always did before 2016, but I think if one has used one of the cue time apps like MouseWait, it will feel familiar.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Too expensive. too complicated and too many people.
Does Disney offer any seniors discounts ????
Doesn't look like there are any senior discounts for the parks, both DisneyWorld and Disneyland. As I have said many times before, I'm so glad I got to go so many times when I was growing up.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
In two weeks, we'll be at Universal-Orlando for a concert at the Hard Rock.
While there, we'll shell out an absurd amount of $$ to step into the Parks.
We'll be there anyway... and our heirs don't need the $$.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look like there are any senior discounts for the parks, both DisneyWorld and Disneyland. As I have said many times before, I'm so glad I got to go so many times when I was growing up.
Disney should be able to offer some form of discounts to seniors citizens. We took our children and grandchildren to the Disney parks and cruise on their cruise ships.
Shame on you Disney.

kanerf

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am sure that in a few years Disney will be offering Virtual Parks and you won't have to go.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Disney should be able to offer some form of discounts to seniors citizens. We took our children and grandchildren to the Disney parks and cruise on their cruise ships.
Shame on you Disney.
It looks like at some point in the past Disneyland did have a senior discount. This from 2002:

How much are Disneyland tickets for senior citizens?

The current prices are $39 for adults, $34 for senior citizens and $29 for children. Annual passes cost $75 for adults, $65 for seniors and $55 for kids

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
As most of you can tell by my username, I’m a college football fan. DW and I have season tickets to University of Alabama football games. Those tickets average approximately $100 per ticket per game. That’s similar to the price of admission to WDW. However, in order to purchase those tickets, we must first make a donation to the university (standard practice for most college and pro sports now), currently $3,200.00 for the privilege of purchasing the 2 season tickets. So, for 7 home games, we’re paying an average of ~$660 for 2 tickets per game. The football game lasts about 3 hours. That same amount of money will get us 3 days at WDW. Food and drink costs will be more at WDW because we will spend more time there. We will also be entertained at least twice as long per day, if not more. Is WDW always raising prices? Yes. So does the university. The difference is the university raises the prices of the tickets AND the donation required to purchase the tickets. My point is it is much more expensive for us to attend those football games than it is to go to WDW and we are entertained for only half as long, if that.

WDW is expensive. So are college and pro sporting events. So are concerts. So are other theme parks. They are all priced based on the market for each. IMHO, WDW, all things considered, is no more expensive than any other similar entertainment option. And, at least for my family, we’re never disappointed. We know what to expect and WDW always delivers. I can’t always say that about the other options. Even my favorite football team sometimes disappoints. Not often, but every great once in a while. :)

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
As most of you can tell by my username, I’m a college football fan. DW and I have season tickets to University of Alabama football games. Those tickets average approximately $100 per ticket per game. That’s similar to the price of admission to WDW. However, in order to purchase those tickets, we must first make a donation to the university (standard practice for most college and pro sports now), currently $3,200.00 for the privilege of purchasing the 2 season tickets. So, for 7 home games, we’re paying an average of ~$660 for 2 tickets per game. The football game lasts about 3 hours. That same amount of money will get us 3 days at WDW. Food and drink costs will be more at WDW because we will spend more time there. We will also be entertained at least twice as long per day, if not more. Is WDW always raising prices? Yes. So does the university. The difference is the university raises the prices of the tickets AND the donation required to purchase the tickets. My point is it is much more expensive for us to attend those football games than it is to go to WDW and we are entertained for only half as long, if that.

WDW is expensive. So are college and pro sporting events. So are concerts. So are other theme parks. They are all priced based on the market for each. IMHO, WDW, all things considered, is no more expensive than any other similar entertainment option. And, at least for my family, we’re never disappointed. We know what to expect and WDW always delivers. I can’t always say that about the other options. Even my favorite football team sometimes disappoints. Not often, but every great once in a while. :)
You guys must pay more in fees to retain Bama Coach and his coaching staff.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I am sure that in a few years Disney will be offering Virtual Parks and you won't have to go.

They did that already. The various rides were called "movies."
But the experience was not interactive. You sat and watched.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
[duplicate]

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
You guys must pay more in fees to retain Bama Coach and his coaching staff.
I’m not saying the money doesn’t go for a good cause. :D

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m not saying the money doesn’t go for a good cause. :D
I have a friend who works in PR at The University Alabama and she just loved the Head Coach a Alabama.

Last edited:

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
It’s similar at other big football schools. Parents made the obligatory “contribution” to get their 4 $100 face value 50 yard line tickets for 20+ years.
I also am happy we went to wdw many times 2005-2015 with nonexpiring tickets averaging $35-50/day. It’s still relatively affordable-my all in for 5 people/week dvc via Rci is about $4k. But, I am waiting to see how genie work and how much it adds to the trip with lightning lane.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Disney is trying to draw a more upscale crowd with these benefits. If everyone buys Genie, then I will stand in the lines. I don't mind the lines. Right now, Disney is still supposedly limiting numbers into the parks, but we have been at Disneyland for four days this past week and the crowds were just crazy. We went weekdays only, and yesterday was so busy, we decided not to wait for some of the rides, but it was day four and we were tired.

Disney is becoming elitist, that is what is really happening. This is a money grab. Don't fall for it.

Not so long ago, there were families who hired disabled Orlando residents to go with their families, just so they could go to the front of every line. This was a real thing. Disney decided to cash in, that is what it is all about. It's about Disney profit.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s similar at other big football schools. Parents made the obligatory “contribution” to get their 4 $100 face value 50 yard line tickets for 20+ years.
I also am happy we went to wdw many times 2005-2015 with nonexpiring tickets averaging $35-50/day. It’s still relatively affordable-my all in for 5 people/week dvc via Rci is about $4k. But, I am waiting to see how genie work and how much it adds to the trip with lightning lane.
We have one day left on our five (5) days hopper pass. The cost was less than four (4) hundreds dollars for the two (2) passes.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am waiting to see Alabama play LSU, Arkansas and Auburn. That is one tough schedule.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
My understanding is that you only get two rides each day for the $15 for Genie. $7.50 a ride. This is not an all-day ride deal. If it was all day, it might be worth it.

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
DVC-Animal Kingdom Kidani
That’s not correct-you get access all day to all but the top tier rides-of course, that’s if they still have availability. One or two rides in each park will be excluded and available separately for the lightning lane charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk