• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Your building welcomes hosting on Airbnb!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Seems like at this level is just overkill on your part. What does it matter where he posted his misinformation from?

Feel free to DM me if you would like to better understand the why - otherwise we can agree to disagree and leave it at that.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Feel free to DM me if you would like to better understand the why - otherwise we can agree to disagree and leave it at that.
No need to know the why. It seems an over reach by a Tug member towards someone else on here.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
No need to know the why. It seems an over reach by a Tug member towards someone else on here.

I think you're missing the point. Renter is a Wyndham employee who has misrepresented himself here on TUG. He's made unsubstantiated claims and has been soliciting business. He either ignores questions or when he does reply it's vague and doesn't address the question.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you're missing the point. Renter is a Wyndham employee who has misrepresented himself here on TUG. He's made unsubstantiated claims and has been soliciting business. He either ignores questions or when he does reply it's vague and doesn't address the question.
I would just pay him no attention or when his lies warrant enough banned him.

Reaction score
Back to the airbnb topic. There are post(s) from a year ago showing Airbnb started this partner program a while ago. They must have just stepped up the number of resorts recently. And, no one on TUG is willing to share what happened when they agreed to the program a year ago.
When you agree to the terms, your rental goes live, then you get a letter in the mail shortly after stating you're renting commercially in a cease & desist letter from Wyndham. I was the one who posted the original thread a year ago. This will continue to expand to all Wyndham Resorts, they started with So. Florida first. Lets face it, Wyndham, the so called (Management Company, not for profit) is suddenly a money making machine which is paying for all that expansion overseas! It started with VRBO, expanded to Airbnb and will continue to expand to multiple platforms.

Reaction score
When you agree to the terms, your rental goes live, then you get a letter in the mail shortly after stating you're renting commercially in a cease & desist letter from Wyndham. I was the one who posted the original thread a year ago. This will continue to expand to all Wyndham Resorts, they started with So. Florida first. Lets face it, Wyndham, the so called (Management Company, not for profit) is suddenly a money making machine which is paying for all that expansion overseas! It started with VRBO, expanded to Airbnb and will continue to expand to multiple platforms.
Also, when you accept the (terms) on AIRBNB you give them the right to Subpoena all rental records from AIRBNB. Read the fine print, folks!

Reaction score
If Wyndham accepts your listing, isn't that agreement that you are approved to rent?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
If Wyndham accepts your listing, isn't that agreement that you are approved to rent?
I think Airbnb accepts the listing. It appears Airbnb may have some type of relationship with Wyndham (or more specifically the HOA/resort management), but the listing is with Airbnb and it would be Airbnb accepting it. One question that hasn't been answered is if the right hand (Wyndham corporate) knows what the left hand (individual Wyndham resorts) is doing.

DRIless

Reaction score
How exactly did you come upon this information? Are you an owner at Club Wyndham Sea Gardens resort and received an official communication from Wyndham? We have heard recently of this type of program on another thread that I currently have locked here on the Wyndham forum due to some suspect behavior and claims that seem very similar to what is being post here. The poster in the other thread claimed that this same program is being implemented at Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek for example. If this is legit - we need to better understand what Wyndham is doing here and why - and how it impacts CWP owners of course - and how this program is actually utilized by CWP owners if it is legit. I'm going to send an inquiry to my Wyndham contacts to substantiate this information.

If you received email correspondence - can you screenshot the actual email itself (hide any identifying data) and post the screenshots? Or if there's a thread elsewhere sharing this info - please link to the source.
I've already cut/pasted info from Airbnb message sent to my partner.
That's exactly what I think will happen.
Also, when you accept the (terms) on AIRBNB you give them the right to Subpoena all rental records from AIRBNB. Read the fine print, folks!
Agreed

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access

All the travel sites wanting to advertise in Travel and Leisure sign an agreement that allows Wyndham access to the data on who's listing Wyndham stays through those sites. This was discussed last year. At that time I commented that acquiring Travel and Leisure was a shrewd and multifaceted move on Wyndham's part.

I thought it was fairly obvious owners were being rounded up and fenced into the corral that is Extra Holidays if they want to be able to rent stays.

geerlijd

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shanty Creek Vacation Club
WorldMark
Wyndham Bali Hai
Wyndham Canterbury
Wynhdam South Shore
I received this notice from AirBNB today for listings I have at WorldMark Steamboat Springs. I advertise these as WorldMark Steamboat Springs, and reserve through WM. I already read through the terms and accepted, but the terms detailed the 11AM checkout, 4pm check in, guests must submit ID to AirBNB and provide a credit card deposit. Nothing concerning there, I will report back if there are issues getting my listings approved.

Club Wyndham Steamboat Springs is partnering with Airbnb and residents like you to support hosting in your building. To continue hosting, you must accept Airbnb’s Resident Hosting program hosting terms and agree to your building’s community rules. When you accept the program terms and agree to your building’s rules, your building will be able to review your listing and may require you to make changes to your listing or fulfill additional requirements to continue to host. Your building can pause your listing, which will keep guests from being able to book, until you’ve made requested changes or taken additional steps they require.
The following listing will be affected by this change:
WorldMark Steamboat Springs 2 BR, 2 Bath Condo
You have 25 days (until Dec 31, 2022) to accept these terms or your listing will be temporarily paused.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I received this notice from AirBNB today for listings I have at WorldMark Steamboat Springs. I advertise these as WorldMark Steamboat Springs, and reserve through WM. I already read through the terms and accepted, but the terms detailed the 11AM checkout, 4pm check in, guests must submit ID to AirBNB and provide a credit card deposit. Nothing concerning there, I will report back if there are issues getting my listings approved.

Club Wyndham Steamboat Springs is partnering with Airbnb and residents like you to support hosting in your building. To continue hosting, you must accept Airbnb’s Resident Hosting program hosting terms and agree to your building’s community rules. When you accept the program terms and agree to your building’s rules, your building will be able to review your listing and may require you to make changes to your listing or fulfill additional requirements to continue to host. Your building can pause your listing, which will keep guests from being able to book, until you’ve made requested changes or taken additional steps they require.
You have 25 days (until Dec 31, 2022) to accept these terms or your listing will be temporarily paused.

Is anyone else seeing what I'm seeing in the wording about "your building" meaning your timeshare. Big brother is watching. Lol.

What's Worldmark/Wyndham the cancellation policy? If the renter cancels are you out the money and stuck with the reservation?

geerlijd

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shanty Creek Vacation Club
WorldMark
Wyndham Bali Hai
Wyndham Canterbury
Wynhdam South Shore
Is anyone else seeing what I'm seeing in the wording about "your building" meaning your timeshare. Big brother is watching. Lol.

What's Worldmark/Wyndham the cancellation policy? If the renter cancels are you out the money and stuck with the reservation?
I'm not going into specifics on how to rent out through AirBNB, but posted above to validate that Captain Morgan's claims are likely valid as there was some strong pushback above.

DRIless

Reaction score

Airbnb's search algorithm appears to key on the address 900 Pine Grove Cir, Steamboat Springs, CO 80477, not the name, you've listed for your timeshare condo. Therefore, your WorldMark listing is caught up in this Wyndham vendetta.

Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
From what I've seen about the various rental sites, not just Extra Holidays, the person renting your timeshare reservation has protection, can cancel or have complaints resulting in a chargeback. You as the owner have the risks.

Something to keep in mind. It's not a happy moment for the owner when Wyndham cancels reservations with guest names on them and the owner has to refund those renters monies and they're suspended from adding any guest names for a period of time

There are two groups of owners who were or are currently renting. Group A owners have gotten one or both letters. Group B just haven't gotten their letters yet. Lol

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
There are two groups of owners who were or are currently renting. Group A owners have gotten one or both letters. Group B just haven't gotten their letters yet. Lol
I follow the WBC thread over on DISBoards. Plenty of people over there commenting about how their reservations were cancelled. Some rented from Expedia or perhaps Hotels.com (owners can list there too), others rented from one of the several brokers that work in points rentals. Some even had reservations outside the owner only dates that were cancelled.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I follow the WBC thread over on DISBoards. Plenty of people over there commenting about how their reservations were cancelled. Some rented from Expedia or perhaps Hotels.com (owners can list there too), others rented from one of the several brokers that work in points rentals. Some even had reservations outside the owner only dates that were cancelled.
Interesting. That seems like some pretty good anecdotal information that these policies are having an effect.

The original WBC thread on Disboards was actually where I first heard not only of Bonnet Creek, but the idea that you could buy points from eBay and become an owner for cheap! (And I just went back and looked at it to refresh my memory, and I'm fairly sure the posts there from 2010 that planted the seed in my mind were from @Cdn Gal, @littlestar, and @bnoble whose handles I know from here now!)

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
As an aside, the expedia/hotels.com thing was almost certainly a scam, rather than an actual Wyndham owner trying to rent Bonnet Creek. The unit description did not come close to matching anything at any of the Wyndham Orlando-area resorts. The listing was for a 530 sq. ft. studio with two king beds. That doesn't even match anything in the hotel tower, let alone the timeshare towers.

But there are plenty of private rentals being cancelled as well, and that is definitely having a cooling impact on the demand for private bonnet creek rentals among the Disneyana community. A far cry from the cancel-rebook days when it was trivial to rent here for less than fees and it was the darling of the offsite crowd.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
I follow the DISboards WBC thread too, and I’m starting to see posts saying they won’t try to rent at WBC anymore because of the uncertain risk of cancellation. They’ll just rent at Reunion or at one of the Marriotts or one of the other many Orlando TS where cancellation isn’t an issue. Sounds like WBC will have plenty of room for owners - they can stay there themselves or give their unit to Wyndham to rent!

Reaction score
Back to the airbnb topic. There are post(s) from a year ago showing Airbnb started this partner program a while ago. They must have just stepped up the number of resorts recently. And, no one on TUG is willing to share what happened when they agreed to the program a year ago.
I started the topic a year ago and I can tell you what happens once you request permission. You get a cease & desist letter from Wyndham. Extra Holidays just entered an agreement with Airbnb and they will be adding a ton of Resorts on the Airbnb Platform. The funny thing is, they don't charge any taxes/ no occupancy, no hotel tax but the have a little blurb at the bottom that states---

No service fee.​

Extra Holidays® covers the service fee for their guests.

Reaction score
Then how do people and businesses still have active rental listings? I just took a peek at Bonnet Creek - which was listed as one of the resorts that started the building agreement about a year ago maybe. I picked random dates in Jan and see over a dozen listings. For the dates I picked also an instant book option from Resortshare.

Reaction score
Then how do people and businesses still have active rental listings? I just took a peek at Bonnet Creek - which was listed as one of the resorts that started the building agreement about a year ago maybe. I picked random dates in Jan and see over a dozen listings. For the dates I picked also an instant book option from Resortshare.
When you consider how may owners are out there, it could take a while to get to each owner. Also, keep in mind when they accept the terms of use for Your Building welcomes hosting on Airbnb, that allows the Wyndham as the management company access to Subpoena all of your rental history

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
This is perhaps a little anecdotal evidence that the crackdown is having a positive impact on availability for owners. I was just able to get a 2 bedroom Presidential Reserve unit at Bonnet Creek within the 60 day window. DW and DD will get to go to the Epcot Festival of the Arts and stay in a very nice unit.

RENTER

Reaction score
A monthly progress report that is not going to make those who hate renting happy. By now you should have learned about the partnership between Wyndham and Airbnb. So far since my last post

1. Renting is continuing
2. Some owners who are renting have not received the commercial letter
3. Those who did receive the letter and had their accounts suspended, had the suspension listed and are renting again
4. I who owns points and is not a deed owner had 2 more resorts approved. One in Vegas and one in Myrtle Beach since I last posted
5. All the postings I submitted for approval have been approved with Wyndham not asking me to make any changes
6. On my Airbnb posting, Airbnb added that the resort is part of the Airbnb hosting partnership
7. In the Airbnb Hosting partnership agreement it says that the resort could ask for a percentage of what. Airbnb recently created a new partnership with apartment buildings so that their tenants can rent on Airbnb with the apartment building receiving 20%. So far with the rentals going thru, Wyndham has not asked for anything other than the right to approve of the post

Some of you say all of this is possible because Wyndham is playing the long game. Sadly, I believe you are right, and I am still playing this as a trap. If it is not, Wyndham should announce to all that this is their new policy. This is the time of year; I buy new points to lower my taxes. But I won't until I am sure this is not a trap.

But if it is Wyndham playing the long game, I wish they continue. Those renting were able to gain income for one more year to help them pay their loans.

But there is news out there that may cheer up the rent haters this holiday season. Airbnb hosts around the world and not just Wyndham owners who rent on Airbnb are complaining that their rentals have dried up. No one knows why. Is it because of the economy? Is it because they made a change to their system which is when rentals started to disappear? Was it the end of free government money and people now being told they have to stay paying their landlords again? I tell them not to compare business in the past 2 years to know. Compare it to 2019 which was before Covid. Even then it is still down. Fortunately for me, I depend on repeat business at repeat annual events, so I have not suffered.

Go ahead now and spend the precious time you have in life mocking me. I will not see it. I have a life and don't have time like others here to respond to every posting. So, I will be back next month with another progress report.