• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Younger adults are getting seriously sick and ending up in the hospital because of the coronavirus, and it's alarming doctors

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
To the OP, this could change the whole target group? IMO.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I think it also shows a huge error in the conflicting (mis)information put out early on, where everyone was told this was mainly an "old people's illness." The implication was that younger people and kids weren't at serious risk. But as many senior citizens have tried hard to avoid contracting Covid-19, a lot of younger people have been less cautious. So more have become infected, with situations like the OP as a result. I think a better way to have stated the illness is that older people were likely have a harder time recovering, but that everyone, regardless of age, was at risk of catching it.

Dave

Chrisky

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not remember reading here where I live that this was only an ‘old people’s illness’. I do remember being told that older people could be more susceptible because of other health issues they may have, like diabetes, asthma, or other breathing problems, heart disease, or other immune diseases.
Of course, we have always had some of our younger population not believing that they could get this disease, just like some do not believe in getting the flu vaccine.
The only way we will see how this progresses, is when we start opening certain businesses with extreme caution.
We will be hoping that as we open, within the next 2 weeks, we will see how that goes, because our Premier here is still strongly saying we should still physically distance ourselves.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Over 60 was identified here as a higher risk (along with comorbidities). I don't have any comorbidities and my daughter continues to remind me I am high risk (I'm 62).

But, then, yes, as OP posted -- alarming behaviors of the virus in younger, healthy, people has really changed opinions. We would be far better off if we would let the medical professionals who are seeing things first hand call the shots.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here’s a couple of things to take into consideration.

HDiaz1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark the Club.
My wife (29), my brother (26), brother in law (36) and my best friend (28) and myself (30) yrs old we all had Covid-19 and while we were all sick like never before, we all recovered after a week.

We also never got tested because we got sick when there wasn’t enough tests for everyone and they were being saved for the older community. We tested negative for the Flu so we knew it was Covid-19.
We are all very healthy. My wife and I workout 4-5 days a week and maintain a healthy lifestyle so I think that also helped in our quick recovery.

I do think that if you have other medical conditions, or are overweight, you need to take extra precautions and do everything you can to stay safe.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
... but it is important to remember that the majority of people who die are over age 65. The elderly are the most at risk group. About 80% of deaths are people over 65. And the percentage goes up as age increases.
True every day, all the time, everywhere, not just during C-19. :p

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
True every day, all the time, everywhere, not just during C-19. :p
Yes, very true.

The only people my daughter-in-law's friend (works as a nurse in the ER at Swedish Hospital in Denver) has seen over the last two months in the ER with Covid-19 are elderly and morbidly obese people. Both high risk. I wouldn't want my MIL or my stepdad to get this disease. I want them to die of something else, not this. We are very careful.

Brett

Reaction score

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
In all seriousness, though. Thank goodness this is the kind of stuff we are hearing as far as children and infants. For the little ones the illness can even go unnoticed, and yet make adults sick for weeks (or worse). Just crazy how this virus affects people so differently (and why it's so hard to figure out how to treat it). My daughter's family had coronavirus OC43 (similar to COVID). The two little ones (2 and 4) were barely sick (a little tired, a little cough, for a day). My daughter and her husband took 2-3 weeks to have it run it's course and feel better.