• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

You cannot drop night on ClubPass booking without cancellation

jxhoang

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just want to share this with you since it is a lesson I paid. I made a ClubPass booking for 6 nights 6 months ago for traveling in Dec. This week, I made my flight booking, found out it would be significantly cheaper if I shorten my stay by one night. So I called WM, trying to shortening it to 5 nights. They said, I have to cancel the entire booking and hope there are dates available for the same period again. Of course, there isn't. The system would not allow them to drop night, you can add night, but not dropping. So if I want to keep my flights, I lose the last night point usage. And of course, no one else can book the empty unit because the system would show as occupied. Yes, that is how ridiculous this is.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Was this a Club Pass booking into a Wyndham resort from a WorldMark account or was this a Club Pass booking into a WorldMark resort from a Wyndham account? On the Wyndham side, using a Wyndham account you can't drop a night, but I've been able to adjust a stay on the WorldMark side using a WorldMark account.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Worldmark account booking into Wyndham resort via ClubPass.

That makes sense, then. It matches the policy for reservations on the Wyndham side, where you can add 1-3 days on either end if there is availability, but you can't drop days off a stay.

learnalot

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just want to share this with you since it is a lesson I paid. I made a ClubPass booking for 6 nights 6 months ago for traveling in Dec. This week, I made my flight booking, found out it would be significantly cheaper if I shorten my stay by one night. So I called WM, trying to shortening it to 5 nights. They said, I have to cancel the entire booking and hope there are dates available for the same period again. Of course, there isn't. The system would not allow them to drop night, you can add night, but not dropping. So if I want to keep my flights, I lose the last night point usage. And of course, no one else can book the empty unit because the system would show as occupied. Yes, that is how ridiculous this is.

Sorry you're running into this. When we have run into similar situations a few times, we go ahead and keep the last night, even if we think we won't be using it (especially if it's not a Friday or Saturday night). Because flights get cancelled, rescheduled, delayed, etc., we have sometimes ended up needing the room for the night after all. In cases where we have the additional night is an unintended fallback option like that, we don't check out when we leave. I wait until we are on the plane and/or until our flight has landed and then I call the resort so they can check us out. At least once, we ended up taking a bump and going back to our room. Another time, a flight was cancelled, but we didn't have to scramble. We just stayed put. (If they cancel and reschedule you the next day, you got an extra day without having to pay the more expensive fare). Other times, an extra night on the end has just made for a more leisurely departure (with the bonus of a fallback if something does happen with the flight).