• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Yes! Mission Hills!

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am guessing 80-90 degrees. We at the beach have been told by our weatherman that next week will be warmer here so it even may reach 95 for the desert. We'll be over at Marriott at the same time. :)

Sir Newf

TUG Member
Reaction score
We'll be at W-MH this coming week too! Looking forward to the great resort and great tennis- Pacific Life, Indian Wells....see you poolside.:)

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk WKV WMH WKORVN SVR Harborside 5* and spoiled
My wife is there now. Said it was packed and could not find parking last night. It is completely sold out right now.

MLC

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I are there now. Take care all and maybe we will meet.

Marty

seatrout

Reaction score
is there free internet access at Mission Hill? We are heading there later this year and wondering if we should bring our laptop??

Thanks

cvmar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does the timeshare have cabanas by the pool and if so are they the white tent like cabanas? Do you know if they charge for them? Is the hotel resort pool within walking distance (with kids) of the timeshares? We will be there for the first time the end of March so I am trying to get an idea of what to expect.

Thanks

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk WKV WMH WKORVN SVR Harborside 5* and spoiled
is there free internet access at Mission Hill? We are heading there later this year and wondering if we should bring our laptop??

Thanks

Yes they do!

TheUnitrep

TUG Member
Reaction score
...Is the hotel resort pool within walking distance (with kids) of the timeshares? ...
Thanks

It depends on how far you consider an acceptable "walking distance" to be. On a hot day, it wouldn't be too enjoyable, especially if you were carrying pool essentials (towels, water/soda, pool toys, etc...).

There is complimentary shuttle service between the two sides of the resort that runs a several times an hour. There are stops at various points in the resort. When you check in they will give you a resort map with the shuttle stops depicted.

For what it's worth, I preferred the pool on the timeshare side over the hotel pool.

Have a great trip. The weather is perfect at Rancho Mirage in late-March!

Jerry

cvmar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jerry,

Glad to hear the timeshare pool is nice. I just thought we would check out the resort pool on one of the days. Do they have food and drink service at the timeshare pool or should we plan on bringing our own from the unit?

Cathy

TheUnitrep

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do they have food and drink service at the timeshare pool or should we plan on bringing our own from the unit?

Cathy

Cathy --

They do have food/bar service at the main pool by the villas. It's reasonably priced as well (especially the items our 10 and 7 year olds like to eat).

Both of my kids favorite is the Oreo Smoothies (okay, my wife and I have been known to get them as well)! They're great to have as you bake by the pool!!

We're going back to WMH in early-October (we're counting on temps below the century mark). Hopefully, not too hot to veg by the pool, but hot enough to need an Oreo smoothie to stay cool.

Jerry

cvmar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jerry,

Thanks, that is good to know. We have been to Palm Springs in October several times and just loved it at that time of year. The kids are in school and it is not too hot high 80's to mid 90's of dry desert heat. I don't recall it ever being l00+ when we were there. They usually re-seed many of the golf courses at that time so if you are a golfer be aware. We aren't but are thinking of taking a "class" at the local community college (it has a public course on property) because so many of our friends golf.

Cathy