• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Yes...another upgrade May11th to......they say May 12th. Not holding by breath

snickers104

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview RCI Points, Wyndham CWA
Not again.....

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
It's only a two hour outage window - not an eight hour outage window like the last one. Likely just making some targeted changes apart from whatever the root cause of the last extended outage was is my guess. Fingers crossed - I have an ask in for the root cause of the extended outage of course - we'll see what if anything we get back...

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
When is the window for the upgrade tonight? I need to log in at midnight Eastern to book in RCI. I need to do that through the portal. It doesn't work with the link.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
When is the window for the upgrade tonight? I need to log in at midnight Eastern to book in RCI. I need to do that through the portal. It doesn't work with the link.

10:00 PM - 12:00 AM ET - so it's entirely possible you may not be able to login at midnight ET if the outage window runs long.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Oh, Lord! What is the deal with all of this?

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
10:00 PM - 12:00 AM ET - so it's entirely possible you may not be able to login at midnight ET if the outage window runs long.

So, over three hours late and counting? “something unexpected happened” after login attempt.

And just for good measure, the Worldmark website has this helpful message:

“CHECK BACK SOON
WorldMark travel experts are working quickly to fix website errors. Thank you for your patience as this issue is resolved”

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I was able to log in. I started searching for a units in Florida and Tennessee for next June for my wife’s annual vacation with her brother and nephews. Nothing is showing available 13 months out at Majestic Sun, Panama City, Bonnet Creek or Nashville. Looks like another successful update! :rolleyes:

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Try using Chrome's incognito mode. Works fine -- a little pokey and I had the something unexpected pop up but I just clicked through it.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Try using Chrome's incognito mode. Works fine -- a little pokey and I had the something unexpected pop up but I just clicked through it.
That works a lot better. I don't understand why, except maybe I need to delete cookies.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I can get in, search etc. But yeah, seems like a lot of missing inventory. I hate to use the R word, but seriously, megarenters are not the ones taking all that inventory at 10 months out (or making it unavailable). For whatever reason, we - the valued owners - can't book it. Me, myself, I'm using the W word. Glad to at least see the site working and my reservations showing up :)

Last edited:

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I try to login I get the "Something unexpected just happened. " message. Fortunately I don't need to do anything on the site today.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
So, over three hours late and counting? “something unexpected happened” after login attempt.

And just for good measure, the Worldmark website has this helpful message:

“CHECK BACK SOON
WorldMark travel experts are working quickly to fix website errors. Thank you for your patience as this issue is resolved”

I had to clear browser cache on my iPhone Safari browser this morning - until I did so I kept getting the "something unexpected happened" at the login prompt screen. The reCAPTCHA wasn't there at all. I noticed after clearing cache that the reCAPTCHA had returned and I was then able to login without any problems. I'm just logging in on my laptop now and will run the same tests.

It's interesting you mention Worldmark also being impacted. I've seen several posts about the new Worldmark website also being impacted at certain points in time by the outage window over the weekend and the subsequent extended outage - can anyone confirm if Worldmark was also "down" during the same extended outage period for the first part of this week? It makes me wonder if Wyndham has unified the login process behind the same processing mechanism - which while we're all going through tons of pain and disappointment - I am hopeful that this is all leading to one integrated timeshare ownership experience at the end of the tunnel and that Wyndham owners may finally end up being able to book Worldmark inventory via Club Pass online without having to call. Does Worldmark offer a similar "Club Pass" type benefit for Wyndham owned resorts as well?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
When I try to login I get the "Something unexpected just happened. " message. Fortunately I don't need to do anything on the site today.

I had the same issue - try clearing your browser cache - that did the trick for me.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I can get in, search etc. But yeah, seems like a lot of missing inventory. I hate to use the R word, but seriously, megarenters are not the ones taking all that inventory at 10 months out (or making it unavailable). For whatever reason, we - the valued owners - can't book it. Me, myself, I'm using the W word. Glad to at least see the site working and my reservations showing up :)

Agreed - searches that worked for me prior to the brief outage last night - and showed a good deal of available inventory across multiple resorts - now show "No results" this morning. Hard to believe all of that inventory just disappeared overnight - especially given how many users are having problems accessing the website at present.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Just in the past few minutes, I’ve started seeing ARP inventory at Bonnet Creek for next June. Before that, It had actually been kicking me out of the system when I tried to search Bonnet Creek. What a mess!

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks @chapjim for the Incognito idea! And @HitchHiker71 for the (sigh, oft forgotten) cookie deletion!

I had to clear browser cache on my iPhone Safari browser this morning
Apparently when I was whinging earlier about 3 hours late, these techniques would have worked.

I just now reproduced the “something unexpected” at login attempt. Going Incognito
on Chrome/iPad worked(!) and also brought back the reCaptcha I hadn’t noticed was
missing. Then a quick trip to (Chrome iPad) History=>Clear Browsing Data to delete
a week’s worth of cookies, and normal logins now work fine!

jturcotte

Reaction score
Not able to Modify an existing reservation, and add a night. Upcoming reservation in Nashville. "Something unexpected just happened"..... Upgrade?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Thanks @chapjim for the Incognito idea! And @HitchHiker71 for the (sigh, oft forgotten) cookie deletion!

Apparently when I was whinging earlier about 3 hours late, these techniques would have worked.

I just now reproduced the “something unexpected” at login attempt. Going Incognito
on Chrome/iPad worked(!) and also brought back the reCaptcha I hadn’t noticed was
missing. Then a quick trip to (Chrome iPad) History=>Clear Browsing Data to delete
a week’s worth of cookies, and normal logins now work fine!

Honestly having to reset my browser cache on my mobile device is something I don't relish. I keep roughly 10-12 open pages in my mobile Safari browser history that I switch among throughout the day - and you lose these tabs whenever clearing cache. Half of these tabs are work related for my job - so it is very inconvenient for me really. I have them bookmarked as well so I can re-create the tabs without too much trouble - but still - I find it quite annoying.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
So now that we can login and search...anyone know what actually changed in the last weekish - with these 2 outages to enhance our user experience?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
So now that we can login and search...anyone know what actually changed in the last weekish - with these 2 outages to enhance our user experience?

I don't think I've seen any Wyndham specific enhancements - those notifications on the website are generic outage notifications - they aren't meant to be taken literally during each outage. I think they moved the authentication mechanisms to a unified system (just speculation) based upon the fact that the new Worldmark website also seems to have been impacted.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The inept-ness of Wyndham is maddening.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Pretty sad, right? They've been plagued with authentication issues forever, so let's move it to a unified system. I understand, all speculation, but still...maddening is good word choice.