• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Yellowstone Winter Snowcoach Tour

SamH

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are planning to spend one day in Yellowstone on our way to a ski week at Big Sky. It seems that a snowcoach tour would be a great way to see the park in the winter. Has anyone done this? If so, can you recommend a snowcoach tour operator for the six of us (2 adults, 4 children)? In addition, any insights on the differences between the Old Faithful tour and the Canyon tour would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Sam

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We took the Snow Coach tour two years ago. We went out of Jackson Hole, WY. They picked us up at the Lodge and took us to Yellowstone's West entrance where we switched over to the snow coach. It was a great way to see Yellowstone in the winter. We were on the Old Faithful tour. It was a full day trip with lots of stops for photo ops. And the stop at Old Faithful lodge where we had lunch (sandwiches/burgers nothing special) which was part of the tour. Then we went thru the gift shop and then watched as Old Faithful sprang to Life. It was a great day. Be prepared to take some water on the tour as there were only two stops where anything to drink was available. Lunch and a place where there was a cabin with bathrooms and some hot springs that were cool to see. And the spot where you switch from the bus or van to the snow coach at the beginning and end of the tour had food/drink and bathrooms.

We saw lots of bison, some moose, elk and birds. There was not a lot of wildlife out moving around. It was 20 below the day we went so be prepared to dress in layers. I highly recommend the tour. Most roads are closed in the winter time, so all the tours pretty much go to the same areas. We had considered doing the snowmobile trip, but it was way to cold and long a trip
(90 miles round trip) so we opted for the snow coach instead and were really happy that we did.

Suzanne

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been to yellowstone several times in winter but have always stayed for several nights at old faithful. The cross country skining is fabulous. I think if we go again, we will try snowshoeing

There are winter accomodations in both Mammoth and Old faithful. I have not been to canyon in the winter but it is my favorite area in the summer soi I can't imagine that it wouldn't be a great trip. Old faithful in winter is great - the Inn is closed - too hard to heat but the snow lodge is pleasant.

If you are staying at Big sky, you will want to go in from West Yellowstone & there are lots of tour operators. You use to be able to rent snowmobiles and go into the park but don't know if they still do or not. There was an effort a number of years ago to ban snowmobiles in the park.