• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Yellowstone Village on hold HELP!

lawren2

Reaction score
OK I put it on hold.....and I have to blame my debate about keeping it on the travel channel. Weather temps average 77 during the day and 40s at night.

I've researched it and the place is barebones. No cable, one payphone on site ( I wonder if my cellphone will work there?)

Check-in date is August 25, 2007 for a 6/6 Unit SH101:

SANDHILL is a one story duplex with two, 2 bedroom, one bath units which are separated by a double-wide carport. Each unit consists of:

912 square feet
Sleeps six with sofabed
Laundry facilities in unit

It would just be the three of us and DS will be turning 13 then. He is the one that is throwing a fit BTW as he wants to be home for his birthday some year.

Should I give up on my on-going Easter break 2007 search for Sanibel/Marco/caribbean and take this????

Please help as I only have until tomorrow to make up my mind.

JACKC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I understand about keeping a 13yr old entertained. Ever consider letting him take a friend?

There is much to do in the area that might interest your family. We stay in the Island Park area summers and never tire of the Yellowstone area. Besides the Park there is horseback riding, whitewater rafting, hiking, fishing.... on and on. Lots that might interest a boy that age.

I'm unfamiliar with Yellowstone Village timeshare. Sometimes when we go on vacation, use our unit mostly as a pitstop and for sleeping, so the most basic of accommodations suffice for us. We'd probably be tempted to go ahead with it if our usual place were unavailable to us, simply because it would get us to the Yellowstone area.

Your interests may vary.
Jack

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't tell you what to do, but if you enjoy, nature, wilderness, and the great outdoors, then Yellowstone should be a lot of fun.

But on the other hand if you prefer, cool tropical breezes, warm sand and sunny days on the beach, playing in the ocean, then you really need to wait for Sanibel/Marco/caribbean.

Now for us, it's a no-brainer, we are definetly an option 2 family, beach & ocean.

I also have a 13 & 15 yo, and I try to value their opinion, because I don't want to spend a week with kids who will be sulking and pouting the whole time. :)

Good Luck & enjoy!

chemteach

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've heard that the resort you have on hold is nothing special, but Yellowstone park is amazing! The first time I went I was 9, and I have been back twice since then. I want to go back. If your son is at all interested in science, then Yellowstone is an amazing place to visit. It's full of geological history. The Grand Tetons are not too far south from the park (I think 1 1/2 hours). The park itself can take many days to fully enjoy. Each area has its own natural wonders.

Good luck with your choice.
Edye